Windows 10: Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer

Discus and support Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Not a fan of Windows' Photos app. A lot of folks are saying Microsoft removed Photo Viewer for Windows 10's Photos app. But I've noticed that when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BringMeASunkist, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer

Not a fan of Windows' Photos app. A lot of folks are saying Microsoft removed Photo Viewer for Windows 10's Photos app. But I've noticed that when I open .tif files, it defaults to Windows Photo Viewer. So the app has to exist on my OS, right?When I try to open more traditional image formats, it isn't listed as an available app. Additionally, when I navigate to the Windows Photo Viewer folder, I don't see the relevant app to access for Photo Viewer:Looking for help to make sense of this.

:)

BringMeASunkist, Jan 17, 2022
  2. meebers Win User

Replacement for photo viewer

Win ver 19041.388

Just do not like this "new" photo viewer, it is just cumbersome to operate, lot of extra steps etc. I like the older Win photo viewer, however since JPG files are saved as "unhandled Extension handler finder", *Confused I need something else. Appreciate any suggestions that is not overly optioned, just a simple viewer. Tx

meebers, Jan 17, 2022
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer

photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer

1. Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer - Similar Threads - Need help accessing

2. windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows photo viewer: today when opening up a photo with windows photo viewer i noticed something i did not get the other day. now hen i open up a photo I t says loading on every picture i hit as of Friday i had sent a photo from my email to my desktop and opened it it came right up now that same...
  3. windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photo viewer: windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space if its almost full and then try again // just started yesterday 1/24/2022 i had some...
  4. Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer: Not a fan of Windows' Photos app. A lot of folks are saying Microsoft removed Photo Viewer for Windows 10's Photos app. But I've noticed that when I open .tif files, it defaults to Windows Photo Viewer. So the app has to exist on my OS, right?When I try to open more...
  5. Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer

Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer: Not a fan of Windows' Photos app. A lot of folks are saying Microsoft removed Photo Viewer for Windows 10's Photos app. But I've noticed that when I open .tif files, it defaults to Windows Photo Viewer. So the app has to exist on my OS, right?When I try to open more...
  6. WINDOW PHOTO VIEWER

WINDOW PHOTO VIEWER: PHOTO VIEWER is not working today. I have Windows 10 and have been using the Windows Photo Viewer all the time. Today it will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-photo-viewer/6354ab2c-b48b-440a-be57-c281a1389cd8
  7. Need help with Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with Event Viewer: I've been experiencing system crashes recently and have no idea why this is happening. Also in my devices the PC is indicated as troubleshoot error but when i attempt to update driver and error message is displayed. Please help...
  8. Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Photo Viewer: Windows Photo Viewer freezes every time I upload photos from my iPhone. This has been a problem for months Is it a common problem? This needs to be fixed ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer/848f0891-177c-4db4-a03e-7eee4f4a5a81
  9. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  10. Need help with getting "Choose a default" to work in Photo Viewer

Need help with getting "Choose a default" to work in Photo Viewer: Every time I choose Photoshop as the default photo viewer (via Settings | Default Apps | Photo Viewer | Choose a default), nothing happens, meaning: the selection is not accepted or held. I would like .jpg files to open for viewing in Photoshop. I managed to change the...