Windows 10: need help action center wont open up with icons and...

Discus and support need help action center wont open up with icons and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to put my personal files back onto desktop instead of the windows 10 icons... how can I do that? thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaryPitcher1, Apr 22, 2020.

1. need help action center wont open up with icons and...

I am trying to put my personal files back onto desktop instead of the windows 10 icons... how can I do that?

thank you

:)

MaryPitcher1, Apr 22, 2020
  2. BK3366 Win User

Help with Action Center

I've read through the thread you referred me to from above.

Step 1:

• Open the Start menu, type Turn system icons on or off in the search bar and click on Turn system icons on or off from the search bar results.

• Turn the Action center on.
    I ended up having to go in through settings to look at the above suggestion. When I typed it in the Start menu it took me to the internet. After that this popped up on me with notification. BUT, Action Center is on.

need help action center wont open up with icons and... a57c0336-4c1f-4471-9be5-c75258c3f683.jpg

No clue on that at all. I think that's something else from me being sent to the internet while checking to see if Action Center is On or not.

I looked at the second suggestion and I've already ran two of these scans. Or I'm I reading the suggestion wrong. Do I type all of that in at once and not hit enter? Or are all of these separate scans?

Step 2:

Follow the below steps and check whether you are able to access Action center.

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

2. Click File > Run New Task.

3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.

4. Type CMD.

5. Type all the following four commands one by one at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6.Close the CMD window.

I do appreciate all of this help. Thank you.

BK3366, Apr 22, 2020
  3. G.Paz Win User
    Help Removing Action Center.

Hello Sue

Thank you for participating in the Microsoft Community, my name is , I am an Independent Advisor.

In addition to the steps executed by regedit, I suggest you disable this feature from the System settings:

In the System window, click the “Notifications & actions”

On the right, click the “Turn system icons on or off” link.

Scroll down to the bottom of the list of icons you can turn on or off, and click the button to disable Action Center.

Then, executed a Windows update and restart you machine.

Let me know if the issue still continuous.

Good luck on this process!!

G.Paz, Apr 22, 2020
  4. John DeV Win User

need help action center wont open up with icons and...

Action center will not open

Hello WaltIversen,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I understand you're having trouble opening your action center. Your question requires a lot of detail, please see this great 3rd party link for a complete step-by-step guide, and let me know if
    you have any questions.

Please try to check this thread that solve the action center will not open

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

What to Do When Windows 10 Action Center Won't Open

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-windows-10-action-...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

John DeV, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

need help action center wont open up with icons and...

1. need help action center wont open up with icons and... - Similar Threads - need help action

2. Icon in Action center hiding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon in Action center hiding: Hello there, I have issue with some icons doesn't appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-in-action-center-hiding/62334ac0-aa63-4ef4-8172-4fd3919ec91b
  3. Help with Action Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Action Center: Not sure if this is an actual thing, but I'm curious how to close out a notification (not just dismiss it to the Action Center) when it pops up. In Windows 2019 (Server), when the notification pops up, there is an X in the top right corner. Clicking that will dismiss it...
  4. notifications or action center wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
    notifications or action center wont open: I cant right swipe on edge of surface 3 to get notifications or action center to open or get any of the icon on bottom right of task bar open. Can anyone help?...
  5. Action center not opening

Action center not opening: Action center just won’t open, wether I left click on it directly, or right click and then click “Open action center”. Restarting my PC doesn’t fix this issue. submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments]...
  6. Action center will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center will not open: After march update have not been able to open action to view notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open/f06ebecd-46f5-457b-aa8e-84851112f6e6
  7. Action center is not opening.

Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  8. action center wont open after 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    action center wont open after 1903: hello, after updating to 1903, I can only access the action center by clicking in the balloon icon the first time i try. after it opens the first time, if I click on the balloon again, nothing happens. I have to restart the explorer exe process in order to make it work again....
  9. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center not opening: So, for a while now I've been unable to open the action center, I recently deleted a few picture folders on my computer but that should be all I've done. Before I deleted those pictures I had issues with the computer being too full. I don't remember when the issue started,...
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...