Windows 10: Need help adjusting my display

Discus and support Need help adjusting my display in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop display is broken towards the left side and there are black vertical lines running along the whole length of the screen. Is there any way I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/geekalert91, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Need help adjusting my display

My laptop display is broken towards the left side and there are black vertical lines running along the whole length of the screen. Is there any way I can resize Windows 10 to use the part of my display which still works?

submitted by /u/geekalert91
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/geekalert91, Apr 20, 2020

2. Cannot adjust display brightness in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

What is the make and model of your PC?

Let’s try with some steps which helps you resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers
    and check if it helps you.

Refer:
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Note: Update all the drivers and also install all the pending updates and check.

Step 2: After installing and Updating refer the below steps to check how to automatically adjust the brightness.

• Press Windows + I keys and select System.
    • Select Display and check the Adjust brightness automatically
    • Restart the machine.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Unable to adjust brightness

Hi Prasad,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. When you state "display buttons are not working" what do you exactly mean?

2. Are you able to adjust the brightness from your monitor settings button?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.

For now, I suggest that you follow the methods stated below and check if it helps

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.

Step 2:

Now re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

For more information click on the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Note: Article for 8.1 also applies to 10

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Need help adjusting my display

Can't adjust Display brightness

Hi Lokesh,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with display brightness dysfunctional on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries below:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the make and model of the keyboard?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

1. Incorrect settings.

2. Corrupt or outdated display and keyboard drivers.

Please refer to the article, created by Akheel Ahmed replied on October 28, 2015, to fix your issue with Display brightness dysfunctional on Windows 10.

Brightness Adjustment

Also refer to the Microsoft article link below and check, if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

I suggest you to update the keypad drivers from the manufacturer's support website and check, if it works.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Need help adjusting my display

1. Need help adjusting my display - Similar Threads - Need help adjusting

2. Need help with volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with volume adjustment: When ever I try to use the scroll wheel the volume adjustment thing appears in the top left and it wont go away it doesn't say anything is playing and it's just changing the audio level I think I accidentally pressed something but I'm not sure Edit: Already tried...
  3. Need help with a display issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need help with a display issue: My old Samsung SyncMaster B2030 is showing something I don't know how to name, so I'll say it's like a galaxy of small shiny white dots. [img] [img] Can you please explain what is that and what can I do to fix it, should it have any fix? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 20H2...
  4. Need help with a display issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need help with a display issue: My old Samsung SyncMaster B2030 is showing something I don't know how to name, so I'll say it's like a galaxy of small shiny white dots. [img] [img] Can you please explain what is that and what can I do to fix it, should it have any fix? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 20H2...
  5. i need help my mic is auto adjusting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i need help my mic is auto adjusting itself: [ATTACH] so im on teamspeak and my mic randomly adjusts itself after i disabled a skype setting, enabling it again wont work and now it keeps lowering and highering itself. i deleted skype but no luck, i reinstalled drivers, tried other USB ports, changed the setting...
  6. BCDEDIT - In need of help adjusting settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    BCDEDIT - In need of help adjusting settings: ello, I did a bit of reading on micro lag/stutter and I'm working to resolve it on a new laptop. I had uncovered an article that said to run the below two commands. I ran the first as an admin in commandprompt - I saw little difference. I ran the second and my system ran...
  7. Display not detected. Need Help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display not detected. Need Help!: I'm not sure what to classify this topic as. I use my computer mainly for gaming. Just last night my monitor started saying it couldn't be detected when loading a certain game for the first time. As of today the game will load, but now I see my monitor cant be set to 144hz...
  8. Windows 10 - Need help adjusting screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Need help adjusting screen: My monitor cuts off the bottom of the screen in some apps. Is there anything I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-need-help-adjusting-screen/6e873ae7-552f-454d-9c0f-4cc649696d66
  9. Need help with display settings

Need help with display settings: I am using File Explorer, and I have a number of separate sessions open, browsing different folders, so I can drag and drop contents from one folder to another. The problem is that the determining the boundaries of File Explorer Windows is very difficult, especially when...
  10. enabling the display adjustment

enabling the display adjustment: Hi, I just bought a new Lenovo laptop windows 10. I couldn't adjust the brightness because the brightness adjustment is not working. How can I enable the brightness adjustment so I can adjust the brightness of the monitor? Please help. Thanks a lot. ecoprew...