Windows 10: Need help/advice looking for a Browser replacement for FF.

Discus and support Need help/advice looking for a Browser replacement for FF. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Need help/advice looking for a Browser replacement for FF. Some of my wishes are: Ability to import & export log-ins & passwords in the std CSV... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by klxdrt10, Nov 11, 2020.

1. klxdrt10 Win User

Need help/advice looking for a Browser replacement for FF.

Hi,

Some of my wishes are:
    Ability to import & export log-ins & passwords in the std CSV format.
    Use my own home pg as the page I see when I call up the browser.
    Set the browser to send downloads to my warehouse folder.
    Set up plug ins & extensions similar to Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin & Save Page WE
    Ability to customize the menu bar

:)

klxdrt10, Nov 11, 2020

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 11, 2020
  3. advice on browser change

FWIW, Fx also has a sync feature.

Sync can be both a blessing and a curse, especially for Chrome/Google.
    We see lots of infected computers in the malware removal fora in which "sync" results in stubbornly persistent malware that continues to respawn on the user's computers.
    I don't need it and -- largely for that reason, I don't use it. But some folks can't live without it...

As you mention an "old" Firefox profile, I suspect that is the root cause of your performance degradation.
    I suggest walking through the steps in the tutorial I mentioned in my earlier reply.
    As a first step, Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode) is a reversible debugging step that helps to isolate the problem to add-ons. It provides guidance in the direction to take to resolve the performance issue.

For the record, one can certainly install several different browsers on the same computer. A user is not limited to only one browser.
    The only downside to that approach is that -- for security and stability -- one needs to be sure to keep each browser (and its add-ons) fully patched and updated.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 11, 2020
  4. CJLim Win User

Advice on replacement of E65

That is an idea. Have a look and see what you can get your hands on, then list then here so we can critique them for you. Alternatively you can also use Nokia's phone selection tool on their Europe website. Click on this
    link
    to get to it. On this page you will see a list of functions. Just select the ones you want and it should give you a few suggestions.

One thing you did not mention on your list of requirement is form, feel and appearance. Thius is very important to most people. Some prefer monoblock, others prefer sliders etc. Then there is screen size, buttons or touchscreen etc.. Best thing is to shortlist,
    get advice then call ionto a shop to touch and feel and then finally, buy.

CJLim, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Need help/advice looking for a Browser replacement for FF. - Similar Threads - Need help advice

2. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  3. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  4. looking to use a tv as a replacement computer display, need help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    looking to use a tv as a replacement computer display, need help: ok, so I have two tvs here, i'm trying to get at least ONE of them to cooperate and play nice, look nice etc. unfortunately both are presenting with less than ideal clarity graphically speaking. ergo the graphics and text make me think I need coke bottle thick glasses. one is...
  5. Need advice on replacing C Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need advice on replacing C Drive: My PC has two drives a C (240GB) and D (2TB). I tried to set up the PC so that the C drive only contained Windows and applications and the D Drive only contained data. I obviously did not configure this correctly as my C Drive is reporting 3.15 GB Free of 237GB. I had a WD...
  6. Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice: Dell cannot tell if the motherboard or the SSD is defective, so they are going to replace both under warranty. I have until now never had a two-drive computer, so I need advice on what to backup before the remove/replace is done. The replacement mother board will have Windows...
  7. Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice: Dell cannot tell if the motherboard or the SSD is defective, so they are going to replace both under warranty. I have until now never had a two-drive computer, so I need advice on what to backup before the remove/replace is done. The replacement mother board will have Windows...
  8. Looking for advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for advice: Hi guys, hope y’all are doing good Can you please tell me if there’s a way to speed up windows 10? My pc has been sluggish those days and crashes a lot I have an HP laptop with intel celeron and 4 gb RAM submitted by /u/Neko-Raijin [link] [comments]...
  9. help please, need advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help please, need advice: Hi guys, my dad is wanting to find some software to help write short storys on youtube. He has seen people videos where the books scrolls itself down the page like a virtual book, some have imagines like a word pad in the background, we have looked all over for some simple...
  10. Help and or advice needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help and or advice needed: I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor? Thanks 39170