Windows 10: Need help analyzing dump file.

Discus and support Need help analyzing dump file. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Uploaded on OneDrive is a dmp and msinfo file. I consistently get a hang on cold boot that the laptop eventually gets past on power off/on after one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by waitjame, Dec 23, 2018.

1. waitjame Win User

Need help analyzing dump file.

Uploaded on OneDrive is a dmp and msinfo file. I consistently get a hang on cold boot that the laptop eventually gets past on power off/on after one or two more tries. It works fine after that until next cold boot. I have swapped out hard drives and swapped out memory, but it still hangs the same. I updated BIOS from A18 to A19 and no improvement. I ran FurMark to test the GPU/video and TweakBit to update drivers and while it did update several drivers the problem persists with the same dmp messages.

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (ea)

The device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for

hardware to become idle. This usually indicates problem with the hardware

itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.

If the kernel debugger is connected and running when watchdog detects a

timeout condition then DbgBreakPoint() will be called instead of KeBugCheckEx()

and detailed message including bugcheck arguments will be printed to the

debugger. This way we can identify an offending thread, set breakpoints in it,

and hit go to return to the spinning code to debug it further. Because

KeBugCheckEx() is not called the .bugcheck directive will not return bugcheck

information in this case. The arguments are already printed out to the kernel

debugger. You can also retrieve them from a global variable via

"dd watchdog!g_WdBugCheckData l5" (use dq on NT64).

On MP machines (OS builds <= 3790) it is possible to hit a timeout when the spinning thread is

interrupted by hardware interrupt and ISR or DPC routine is running at the time

of the bugcheck (this is because the timeout's work item can be delivered and

handled on the second CPU and the same time). If this is the case you will have

to look deeper at the offending thread's stack (e.g. using dds) to determine

spinning code which caused the timeout to occur.

Arguments:

Arg1: ffffb204db7c1040, Pointer to a stuck thread object. Do .thread then kb on it to find

the hung location.

Arg2: 0000000000000000, Pointer to a DEFERRED_WATCHDOG object.

Arg3: 0000000000000000, Pointer to offending driver name.

Arg4: 0000000000000000, Number of times this error occurred. If a debugger is attached,

this error is not always fatal -- see DESCRIPTION below. On the

blue screen, this will always equal 1.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoRq_vEAcz6plAWcZME4_JiIW_Gt

Thanks!

James

:)

waitjame, Dec 23, 2018

2. Please Help analyze MiniDump Files (included)/BSODs/ ntoskrnl.exe/

Hi,

In most cases, this problem is caused by corrupted system files. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Was there an error code displayed when experiencing the blue screen error?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    to help fix the blue screen error. We also recommend posting on
    TechNet forum to analyze the dump files.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Analyze dump file

Hello,

my name is Sedina and I have one qustion for you.

Computer is randomly restarting every day, the error logs didn't say anything specific from what I could find.

I am looking at the dump file.

Results:

Temperature of the processor is about 60 C,is that maybe a reason of restarting PC?

I will send you dump file and please if you can,analyze.

Thanks a lot!

Moved from:
    Windows
    /
    Windows 10
    /
    Windows update, recovery, & backup

SedinaCavcic, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Need help analyzing dump file.

garyinhere, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Need help analyzing dump file.

1. Need help analyzing dump file. - Similar Threads - Need help analyzing

2. Need help analyzing Dump files on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help analyzing Dump files on Windows 11: Hello, I've been having a really bad time with seemingly random BSOD on my machine. I installed a new i9 14900k processor recently and have downloaded and installed all the latest drivers for the Asus Z790-E Gaming WIFI motherboard and Intel chipset. I don't know if that is...
  3. Need help analyzing dump logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help analyzing dump logs: Laptop freezes then crashes when the power is connected. Happens when doing intensive tasks such as running games. I already tried reinstalling the Intel drivers multiple times but the issue persists.The dumpfiles can be found here:...
  4. Need help analyzing crash dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help analyzing crash dump: Hello everyone!I need some help analyzing a crash dump. Through my online research, I see a couple conflicting suggestions for the same issue. Memory problem or potentially a failing CPU have been two common suggestions along with a less common failing cooling system I do...
  5. [BSOD] need help for analyze dump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BSOD] need help for analyze dump file: Hello, I am having crashing issues when using software that allows remote control with virtual gamepads. ParsecSoda I need help analyzing the DUMP file of the BSOD in question please. Here is the code: DRIVER_IRL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL file: wdf01000.sys. Here the dump file:...
  6. [BSOD] need help for analyze dump file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [BSOD] need help for analyze dump file: Hello, I am having crashing issues when using software that allows remote control with virtual gamepads. ParsecSoda I need help analyzing the DUMP file of the BSOD in question please. Here is the code: DRIVER_IRL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL file: wdf01000.sys. Here the dump file:...
  7. [BSOD] need help for analyze dump file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Need Help Analyzing Mini Dump

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help Analyzing Mini Dump: I believe I have a driver problem that is causing black/blue screens but I'm not sure which driver is causing the problems. I've updated and reverted my display driver multiple times so I don't believe that is the issue. Below are reports from WhoCrashed. Is there a better...
  9. Need help for analyzing dump files!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help for analyzing dump files!: Can someone help to analyze the dump files for bluescreen reasons? The following link has the dump files https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsowNH1JWNPygpkJWLYu3ZJtgV5x2g?e=eWLHVR...
  10. Need help analyzing BSOD dump files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help analyzing BSOD dump files.: Ever since I built my new computer last spring I've been getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR stop codes, as well as a handful of others but not as much, almost constantly. I've been attempting to learn how to read the dump files using the WinDBG but to no success. Finally...