Windows 10: Need Help ASAP PLEASE! : Lost Start Menu and Can't use Windows + R

Discus and support Need Help ASAP PLEASE! : Lost Start Menu and Can't use Windows + R in Cortana to solve the problem; I am pretty sure I caused the issue but not sure where to fix it. I was looking for some logs for a program. I thought these were hidden in the C:... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by NDT Tech, Jul 15, 2021.

1. NDT Tech Win User

Need Help ASAP PLEASE! : Lost Start Menu and Can't use Windows + R

I am pretty sure I caused the issue but not sure where to fix it. I was looking for some logs for a program. I thought these were hidden in the C: drive so I right clicked on the C: drive / Users / myusername and opened up "properties" Then under General / Attributes I checked "hidden" and selected "Read-only only applies to files in folder.I recieved a prompt to confirm attribute changes, and I hit Ok to "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files"After about 8 minutes, my start menu disappeared. I tried to revert this back to the unchecked "hidden" and did the process again thin

:)

NDT Tech, Jul 15, 2021
  2. DonGirvin Win User

LOST WINDOWS 10 START MENU

After trying all suggested fixes, I finally was forced to use Windows Recovery under Settings to reload the full system. I lost all non-Microsoft applications but recovered the start menu. Though this was a painful, no other suggestions worked.

Windows created an HTML file listing all programs that was deleted and that was very helpful for reinstalling mt lost programs.

Thanks to everyone for their effort, perhaps Microsoft will discover the root cause of so many who are losing the Start menu and can prevent it in the future.

DonGirvin, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Jeraldine Ase, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Need Help ASAP PLEASE! : Lost Start Menu and Can't use Windows + R

Lost my start menu, windows key does nothing either. HELP

Hi,

I will check what best I can do to help you out and ensure you receive assistance as soon as possible.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message while trying to access Start menu?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested from the Microsoft helps article like: Check for updates, Restart the computer, run the troubleshooter, create test user account and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Start menu for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Need Help ASAP PLEASE! : Lost Start Menu and Can't use Windows + R

1. Need Help ASAP PLEASE! : Lost Start Menu and Can't use Windows + R - Similar Threads - Need Help ASAP

2. Please help asap!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help asap!: Please help me! A couple od days ago I installed a new nvodia GeForce driver but it made my computer crash and nothing worked reinstalling the drivers or anything so I reset windows without files and rebooted the drive b now every time I boot up my pc it just comes up with an...
  3. Please help asap!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help asap!: Please help me! A couple od days ago I installed a new nvodia GeForce driver but it made my computer crash and nothing worked reinstalling the drivers or anything so I reset windows without files and rebooted the drive b now every time I boot up my pc it just comes up with an...
  4. Please help asap!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Please help ASAP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please help ASAP: I reset my Windows 10 HP laptop whilst it was resetting my battery ran out which caused my laptop to turn off when 64 percent of the installation was complete one I connected my charger the installation has been stuck at 64 percent and keeps on restarting I need help ASAP....
  6. Need help Asap!

Need help Asap!: so i made a pretty stupid mistake recently, i opened dev manager and then updated all my usb hubs with a different type then after a few seconds later my keyboard and mouse stopped working but when i enter bios it works.... is there a way to reset my dev manager to default?...
  7. Need help ASAP

Need help ASAP: Hi, I am using a lenovo legion laptop. In it Touch pad is not working and couldn't found in device manager also. can you please help me to sort it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-asap/da45d886-e153-45f4-96a1-298429da1f66
  8. Help asap please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help asap please: Turned on my pc just fine but the display, keyboard and mouse isn't working. The pc is running as normal. I've had this problem before but when I rebooted my pc, it worked fine but now I'm having the same problem but this time it's not doing anything at all! I force shut down...
  9. Please Help ASAP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help ASAP: Today, when I opened my laptop, I tried to connect to wifi but it doesn't let me. I updated the drivers, I reinstalled them, I have done anything helpful that I've found on the internet. The problem is this: every single time when I try to connect to wifi, it disables the...
  10. NEED HELP ASAP, CHKDSK /R STUCK AT 10%

NEED HELP ASAP, CHKDSK /R STUCK AT 10%: Hey everyone, I am facing an issue with a laptop i have, it kept crashing at random times and i got the blue screen of death saying PC ran into some problems, Stop code: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER. I searched this issue up online, got multiple solutions telling me to...