Windows 10: Need help bad...fresh install Windows 10 but worried!!!

Discus and support Need help bad...fresh install Windows 10 but worried!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok guys here is where I am at. Everything is running good on Windows 10. Except I have this itching uncomfortable feeling of excess baggage that my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vejichan, Jan 10, 2016.

1. vejichan Win User

Need help bad...fresh install Windows 10 but worried!!!

Ok guys here is where I am at. Everything is running good on Windows 10. Except I have this itching uncomfortable feeling of excess baggage that my PC is carring and not needed because I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 instead of starting fresh and doing a clean install so here goes
    I want to do a complete fresh install of my entire PC so it would go back to the way it was the day I bought it. And start fresh with Windows 10 But I have some questions if I do this
    1) how do you actually do a clean install?
    2) do I lose Windows 10 after I do a clean install or go back to Windows 7 or do I get nothing but a blank PC because that would scare me.
    3) I don't have an external harddrive to back up any of my apps or files ...besides all of my music apps are downloadable. Are there important files or apps that aren't? Meaning if I do a fresh install can I get back everything I have without back up? Is it safe to do this without backup ?
    4) all my files are 32 bit but my PC is 64 bit...do you guys use 32 bit or 64 bit?

Finally should I forget the fresh install idea and just keep what I have now? Because a lot of time was wasted installing and doing all this stuff. Which I would have to repeat again.

:)

vejichan, Jan 10, 2016

2. Need help with fresh 10 install

I did an upgrade from windows 7, everything installed well, but I wanted to do a fresh install to get rid of 8 years worth of files and other junk. I did the reset this PC option and deleted all my files, it got to the point where it was about to reinstall
    windows 10, but it says it cannot find the boot media and keeps endlessly restarting. I am trying to create another windows 10 boot disc but i dont think i am doing it correctly. I got the media creation tool, and created an ISO, how do i properly burn it
    to a dvd to create a working boot disc? Please help me

Zachary Boughton, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Neox99 Win User
    Need help with fresh 10 install

Download Windows 10

Go to that page and follow the instructions to the letter. The tool included dialog instructions for creating a DVD and/or USB drive.

More/detailed info here >>

Windows 10 herunterladen

Neox99, Jan 10, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

There are some good tutorials in this forum that you can read on this subject:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/?...%20and%20Setup

I think you really do need to start creating regular backups, Windows 10 has not completely settled down yet and you may well encounter a problem which means that you will need to restore your PC. Two things to do include turning on System restore if it is not already activated and creating a routine of system backups using a program like Macrium Reflect (free).

Once you have done this I would see how your system runs for a while, take the opportunity of reading up about clean installations and prepare for doing this by making sure you have copies of all your programs and files that you would need to reinstall. The good news is that now you have W10 activated on your system a clean install is easy to do and you will not need to go back to Windows 7 but can select the matching version of W10 and do it directly from the W10 installation media that you can create ( all explained in the tutorials) *Smile

philc43, Jan 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Need help bad...fresh install Windows 10 but worried!!! - Similar Threads - Need help bad

2. Help needed badly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help needed badly: My computer stuck and not working for a while. When I tried to boot it up for today it is asking for a bitlocker key. I don't know what is it and where I can get it. Pleae help me I dont want to lose files....
  3. Help needed badly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help needed badly: My computer stuck and not working for a while. When I tried to boot it up for today it is asking for a bitlocker key. I don't know what is it and where I can get it. Pleae help me I dont want to lose files....
  4. Help needed badly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. need help badly :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help badly :(: literally everything is taking so long to load since i launched windows 2 days ago which is weird considering its always perfect some examples https://i.imgur.com/MMZT47R.png me downloading something online then running it, windows dialog just froze? and i couldn't run it i...
  6. Need help on a fresh install of windows on and SSD

Need help on a fresh install of windows on and SSD: Hi Reddit, This is my first post. Guess I'll be Stuck here forever! Currently upgrading my girlfriend's laptop from a HDD to SSD. Hers is an Acer laptop where mine is an old Sony vaio (use for engineering) where I already completed a windows install myself. My question is...
  7. Badly need help

Badly need help: So I just recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Few months of usage it was fine and good but until recently I cant access apps or settings that needs admin permission. I have searched the net for good measures but Im unlucky enough to find answers. Can someone help...
  8. Need help installing Windows 10 on freshly built machine

Need help installing Windows 10 on freshly built machine: I just finished assembling my new PC but it keeps freezing when I try to install windows 10. It doesn't freeze in the BIOs and the furthest I've gotten is to the "enter activation key" I've tried unplugging my GPU and using motherboard outputs, I've removed all sticks of RAM...
  9. I need help with fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help with fresh install: My computer was not running my games well, so i tried installing new drivers. (I have a Gtx 970) The driver completely messed up my native resolution from 1600x900 to 1600x1200. I went into device manager and uninstalled the driver, and restarted so i could get the default...
  10. NEED HELP BADLY!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NEED HELP BADLY!: I built a new PC & I barely got to use it because of the stupid clock watch dog time out error that kept causing it to crash even during resetting it comepletely & then it wouldn't evenpost anymore it was un usable, so after trying every suggested troubleshoot I finnally gave...