Windows 10: Need help- Blue screen 'RECOVERY' and 0xc000000f

Discus and support Need help- Blue screen 'RECOVERY' and 0xc000000f in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have files on my computer I desperately need to get to. I get the blue screen with the 0xc000000f. Computer is older. Compaq CQ60. Had store bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hotrodjohn71, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Need help- Blue screen 'RECOVERY' and 0xc000000f

I have files on my computer I desperately need to get to. I get the blue screen with the 0xc000000f.
    Computer is older. Compaq CQ60.
    Had store bought windows 8 (I have the discs) but I upgraded it to 10 online.
    How can I recover my files or get it to start up.
    Computer has BIOS.
    Thank you in advance.

:)

hotrodjohn71, Dec 7, 2017
  2. gpj123 Win User

Auto upgrade to windows 10 on Dec 1 and now get blue screen with error code 0xc000000f

I had Windows 7 on Toshiba Satellite...upgraded to Windows 10 in Oct....the auto upgrade yesterday resulted in a blue screen with error code 0xc000000f. I don't have a recovery disk and I've tried every option on the blue screen. The blue screen I'm on
    now says "Your PC?Device needs repair You'll need to use recovery tools." I can't get to anything except blue screens. I'm desperate! HELP!!!!

gpj123, Dec 7, 2017
  3. GovnaRick Win User
    SrtTrail.txt windows 10 restart loop

After entering the commands and restarting now I get a blue recovery screen that says File: \WINDOWS\system32\config\system Error Code: 0xc000000f

GovnaRick, Dec 7, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Need help- Blue screen 'RECOVERY' and 0xc000000f

Hello and welcome to Tenforums *Smile

Do you have a working DVD/CD drive that you can boot from? Did you successfully get W10 installed?

If the answer is yes to both those questions you should use another PC to create a W10 recovery disk - I'd advise you to use the following tutorial. When you can boot from it you can then use Macrium (which will be on the recovery disk) to try and repair the boot configuration. You can also copy files etc. to recover any data you need.

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

I'm not sure how comfortable you are with attempting repairs so just ask if you need more information.

philc43, Dec 7, 2017
  5. hotrodjohn71, Dec 7, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Dec 7, 2017
  7. Thank you. I will take your advice into serious consideration.
    I want to add a note about that video that I noticed to help anyone who watches it. There is a line where the guy specifies a front slash but its actually a backslash on his screen. Look at the text on his screen and not necessarily the emboldened letters. I wouldn't want someone to get tripped up by that. Thanks

hotrodjohn71, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Need help- Blue screen 'RECOVERY' and 0xc000000f

1. Need help- Blue screen 'RECOVERY' and 0xc000000f - Similar Threads - Need help Blue

2. Blue recovery screen help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue recovery screen help.: Evertime I turn on my windows 10 laptop, it has a blue screen and is saying the information below for 2 days now and I don't know what to do, please help. RECOVERYYour PC/Device needs to be repaired An unexpected error occurred.Error code: 0xc0000001 You'll need to use...
  3. Blue recovery screen help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue recovery screen help.: Evertime I turn on my windows 10 laptop, it has a blue screen and is saying the information below for 2 days now and I don't know what to do, please help. RECOVERYYour PC/Device needs to be repaired An unexpected error occurred.Error code: 0xc0000001 You'll need to use...
  4. Blue recovery screen help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blue recovery screen help.

in Cortana
  6. Blue screen help error Code 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen help error Code 0xc000000f: I’m not sure what I did but it just happened after I moved it to another location that blue screen appeared I’ve seen a lot of help requires having you to have the windows 10 usb but I do not have one. It also says that a required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed...
  7. Need help with blue screens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with blue screens.: I've been having multiple blue screens lately. I'm not sure why. I have 3 dumps from the last 2 days. They are uploadedhere. Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-blue-screens/6a49d522-a031-408b-9fb1-60305a35b984
  8. Recovery blue screen - help

Recovery blue screen - help: I left my laptop for a few mimutes and came back to find a blue screen with Recovery, error 0xc000014c you'll need to use recovery tools. If you dont have any installation media (like a disc or USB), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufavturer. So what do I...
  9. Recovery error code: 0xc000000f

Recovery error code: 0xc000000f: My laptop is showing the error message in the photo. I do not have the recovery tools to repair my laptop, nor would I be comfortable doing it myself. So I took it to a computer repair service and they say that they tested it and there is "No Drive Detected", and that I...
  10. Recovery error 0xc000000f

Recovery error 0xc000000f: Whenever I try to start my Windows 10 PC, I get an error titled "Recovery". It says: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors. File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f You'll need to use recovery...
Tags: