Windows 10: Need help booting into safe mode

Discus and support Need help booting into safe mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. My laptops gpu died and I need to boot into safe mode to see if it will work. The problem is the screen doesnt turn on so I dont know where to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fishy4444, May 18, 2020.

1. Need help booting into safe mode

Hello.

My laptops gpu died and I need to boot into safe mode to see if it will work. The problem is the screen doesnt turn on so I dont know where to click. Is there a way I can boot into safe mode using only keyboard shortcuts or by typing into the command prompt?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Fishy4444
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fishy4444, May 18, 2020
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, May 18, 2020
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, May 18, 2020
  4. Need help booting into safe mode

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Need help booting into safe mode

1. Need help booting into safe mode - Similar Threads - Need help booting

2. Need help, Stuck in Safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help, Stuck in Safe mode.: Hi, I recently tried removing the Antimalware defender. I did multiple things messing with system configuration, registry editor, Window defender files, and permissions. I tried to add myself to permissions and full control but got denied. Gave up then went back to normal...
  3. Need help, Stuck in Safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help, Stuck in Safe mode.: Hi, I recently tried removing the Antimalware defender. I did multiple things messing with system configuration, registry editor, Window defender files, and permissions. I tried to add myself to permissions and full control but got denied. Gave up then went back to normal...
  4. Need help, Stuck in Safe mode.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Need help getting all options in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help getting all options in safe mode: I recently noticed that my pc games where taking up space on my c disk even though i sent it all to d disk using properties. So i went through my pc trying to optimize and get more space on my c disk but in return my user information got lost and now i cant login because they...
  6. Need help getting all options in safe mode

Need help getting all options in safe mode: I recently noticed that my pc games where taking up space on my c disk even though i sent it all to d disk using properties. So i went through my pc trying to optimize and get more space on my c disk but in return my user information got lost and now i cant login because they...
  7. Win 11 safe mode - Need help logging in

Win 11 safe mode - Need help logging in: Running win 11, I put my computer into safe boot in the control panel / windows tools and now I cant get past the login screen. The fingerprint reader does not work and windows indicates that it cannot verify? my pin. Is there a work around? Thank you...
  8. Need help accessing safe mode or BSOD workaround

Need help accessing safe mode or BSOD workaround: I build my own desktop. I just recently updated to windows 11 22h2 and upon startup I got a BSOD. The error most likely was caused by an out of date driver. I can’t boot into windows at all because the BSOD pops up immediately on startup. I tried to reboot the computer 3...
  9. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  10. Help in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help in safe mode: Is there a way to see your password history? I decided to put my pc in safe mode to clean it up but i forgot the password and im now stuck in the log in screen. submitted by /u/dotohnodot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/euam9i/help_in_safe_mode/