Windows 10: Need help booting up windows 10 from USB on laptop!!!!!

Discus and support Need help booting up windows 10 from USB on laptop!!!!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/1hunnitracksss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghuesc/need_help_booting_up_windows_10_from_usb_on_laptop/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/1hunnitracksss, May 11, 2020.

1. Need help booting up windows 10 from USB on laptop!!!!!

/u/1hunnitracksss, May 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 11, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Need help booting up windows 10 from USB on laptop!!!!! :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, May 11, 2020
  4. Need help booting up windows 10 from USB on laptop!!!!!

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Need help booting up windows 10 from USB on laptop!!!!!

1. Need help booting up windows 10 from USB on laptop!!!!! - Similar Threads - Need help booting

2. Laptop not booting from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not booting from USB: Hello.I just found an old laptop in my closet, a Sony Vaio VGN-TZ31VN. 2GB RAM, 32-bit Windows 7 Professional. It's extremely slow, and I just wanted to reinstall Windows or install another lightweight OS for old laptops \, such as Linux Mint, by creating a bootable USB Flash...
  3. Laptop not booting from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not booting from USB: Hello.I just found an old laptop in my closet, a Sony Vaio VGN-TZ31VN. 2GB RAM, 32-bit Windows 7 Professional. It's extremely slow, and I just wanted to reinstall Windows or install another lightweight OS for old laptops \, such as Linux Mint, by creating a bootable USB Flash...
  4. Need help booting via USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help booting via USB: Can anyone help me? I was stuck in an Automatic Repair Booting loop in Windows 10. So I tried using a Windows 10 usb to boot. It did boot but it did not fix my problem. I tried command prompt but nothing happened, I always returned to Automatic Startup. If its any information...
  5. help with booting from usb. Really need some help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help with booting from usb. Really need some help: hey guys! just found this subreddit and needed some help with booting from usb. Our old laptop has finally gone mad, and we're trying to re install windows onto it again. Ive already downloaded the media installer and stuff onto a 16 GB USB, which I have plugged into the old...
  6. Need help booting up windows blind!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help booting up windows blind!: So my laptop screen is broken so I cant see the safe mode startup screen when I hit f8, even if i have it plugged into my tv with an hdmi. I dont know exactly what makes my laptop do this but it just stops booting up every couple of months and I've done it twice, where I've...
  7. need to boot from usb but no option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to boot from usb but no option: there is no boot from usb option on my HP desktop.. Tried F2, didnt work. there is no "disable secure boot" Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-boot-from-usb-but-no-option/118426ff-ef26-48be-b677-a61bce024ebe
  8. Boot up from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot up from USB: how to boot from USB if there is no choice in the bios to choose only dvd, hard drive, floppy drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-up-from-usb/dc98280f-8c83-46c5-8c3e-300b54155929
  9. Boot Windows 10 on Dell Laptop from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Windows 10 on Dell Laptop from USB: How can I boot my Dell Studio 1749 Laptop from either a USB or External HP CD/DVD drive in order to bypass a disabled internal CD/DVD (with stuck disk)? And how do I create the USB Boot Drive? The F12 boot options freeze up trying to boot my repair disk in external dvd....
  10. Help needed with Windows 10 laptop that will not boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help needed with Windows 10 laptop that will not boot.: Trying to help a friend fix a sick laptop. It will not boot to Windows 10. I keep getting the blue screen with the message that a boot disk could not be found. The hard drive is still in working order and the files are still accessible through booting to LINUX on a pen drive....