Windows 10: Need help bypassing password/login - local machine was setup wrong

Discus and support Need help bypassing password/login - local machine was setup wrong in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Help!! My local machine was setup incorrectly and now my user Id is messed up and I have locked my self out of my desktop. I can't recover my password... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VonnPenn, Sep 17, 2021.

1. VonnPenn Win User

Need help bypassing password/login - local machine was setup wrong

Help!! My local machine was setup incorrectly and now my user Id is messed up and I have locked my self out of my desktop. I can't recover my password because the information that was submitted for the account is wrong. Desperately need to get back in and recover my work. Can anyone help with changing login ID and User password?

:)

VonnPenn, Sep 17, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 17, 2021
  3. If I do a reset this PC, can I setup local user password network share

I was wanting to share files on the LAN but it requires a password. If I do a reset, sign in with a PIN and my Microsoft account, how can I setup a local user password so that I can share files on the LAN?

Lot of work just to do that one thing.

Anyone have a step by step? There is apparently an unknown local password set and it can not be changed. I login with PIN on all my PC.

sdowney717, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Need help bypassing password/login - local machine was setup wrong

Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Need help bypassing password/login - local machine was setup wrong

1. Need help bypassing password/login - local machine was setup wrong - Similar Threads - Need help bypassing

2. Need Win11 login password NOT WiFi password for local network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Win11 login password NOT WiFi password for local network.: I have a Win11 desktop PC that I log into using a PIN. I switched to using a PIN about two years ago. Before that, I used a password.I have a Win10 tablet that I set up long before I started using a PIN on my primary Win11 PC, and I can still access the Win11 PC over the...
  3. Need Win11 login password NOT WiFi password for local network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Win11 login password NOT WiFi password for local network.: I have a Win11 desktop PC that I log into using a PIN. I switched to using a PIN about two years ago. Before that, I used a password.I have a Win10 tablet that I set up long before I started using a PIN on my primary Win11 PC, and I can still access the Win11 PC over the...
  4. How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?: I can no longer find a way to logon to Windows 10 without having to enter my password. Seemingly due to recent changes resulting from uploading the most recent versions of Windows 10. IMPORTANT: I had also done a Windows 10 reinstall with the latest updates.Note: I prefer to...
  5. Bypass previous owner login and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bypass previous owner login and password: My daughter bought a used laptop with Win10 and the previous owner left his login and pin in it and now we can't reach him. Is there a way I can bypass that to get into windows to make it my daughters laptop?...
  6. Need to bypass password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to bypass password: Deming Helping Hand is a 501C3 non-profit organization . We get Windows 10 computers donated to us where the password is unknown. How can I bypass the password and reset it so that I can update the computer so we can sell it?Rusty...
  7. Bypass login password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bypass login password: I have just purchased a new Dell Desktop which comes with Win 10. Whilst I appreciate MS's concern over security, I suspect that I should be more concerned about losing my credir=t cards or car keys than someone running off with my desktop, which only contains my personell...
  8. Password problems Need login help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password problems Need login help: When I finish with my computer 6/22/2019 it stated not to close because of a window download and the computer would shut off when finished. The next day I was locked out because my computer didn’t recognize my face, pin# or password. I have spent 3 days with Microsoft and...
  9. How to Bypass Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Bypass Login Password: I want to sign into Windows without a password, So I un-ticked "Users must enter a user name and password..." in User Accounts (See below). Now when I boot up, the Password screen is bypassed, and all is good. But when I simply log out of my account, I have to enter a...
  10. Can't bypass login and password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't bypass login and password: I recently migrated to Win10 with a free upgrade from Win7. I'm the only user, and I like to power up and then find the computer ready to use when I come back to it without having to log in. When I installed Win10, without understanding why, I followed the instructions to...