Windows 10: Need help can't boot into windows 10

Discus and support Need help can't boot into windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have accidentally deleted the CD /DVD option from the boot option menu and now there is no way to install Windows in UEFI mode. So, I have to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trickster24321, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Need help can't boot into windows 10

I have accidentally deleted the CD /DVD option from the boot option menu and now there is no way to install Windows in UEFI mode. So, I have to change to legacy mode whenever I insert windows disk and because of this ,windows setup load in legacy while my hard disk is in UEFI (at least that's how I understand it) because of this I can't create an efi partition, so there is no bootloader and I can't add any kind of boot option and whenever I try to add a new boot option it shows the message "no media device" (It's probably because that there is no efi partition)(and it detect Ubuntu disk in UEFI) how can I fix this??

submitted by /u/trickster24321
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trickster24321, Dec 30, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

Need help can't boot into windows 10

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Need help can't boot into windows 10

1. Need help can't boot into windows 10 - Similar Threads - Need help can't

2. cannot boot into windows 10 need help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot boot into windows 10 need help?: our church has an dell computer upgraded from window 8.1 to windows 10 something happened power failure now we cannot boot into windows 10 need help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-boot-into-windows-10-need-help/e352f4cd-2717-424d-9b89-6d49ee49cc56
  3. cannot boot into windows 10 need help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot boot into windows 10 need help?: our church has an dell computer upgraded from window 8.1 to windows 10 something happened power failure now we cannot boot into windows 10 need help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-boot-into-windows-10-need-help/e352f4cd-2717-424d-9b89-6d49ee49cc56
  4. cannot boot into windows 10 need help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't install Windows 10, need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install Windows 10, need help: I have a computer that I bought from an online retailer 8 years ago. I had windows 7 on it and the code is on the side of the computer, but it did not come with a windows disk. I have upgraded to Windows 10 last year, but my computer has started crashing (blue screen upon...
  6. Can’t boot windows 10, need help?

Can’t boot windows 10, need help?: Greetings, Turned on my Windows 10 PC and it cannot get past the login screen? The login screen shows a giant white “not responding” style image with the text “windows sign in”, but if I hit a key, or try to ctrl+alt+delete, the screen just goes to black. Cannot get around...
  7. Need help on booting windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help on booting windows: Hello, i need help on booting windows 10 on my laptop. Yesterday i’m changing some of the msconfig setting on boot, i use the “selective booting” one and default, after i restart my laptop it stop booting and some error code appear : 0xc000000e and said that my laptop need...
  8. need help booting my windows 10

need help booting my windows 10: when i turn in my pc it says "preparing automatic repair" it starts loading then after its done it goes to a black screen submitted by /u/i-love-minecraft-hoe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e8l0iu/need_help_booting_my_windows_10/
  9. Need help booting!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help booting!!: The laptop i was putting Windows 10 on to had a partition with Linux distro on it and once the Windows 10 install was done I went back in and deleted the partition and formatted it. But! I forgot to set the Windows partition as the active partition and now when I try to boot...
  10. Help needed with Windows 10 laptop that will not boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help needed with Windows 10 laptop that will not boot.: Trying to help a friend fix a sick laptop. It will not boot to Windows 10. I keep getting the blue screen with the message that a boot disk could not be found. The hard drive is still in working order and the files are still accessible through booting to LINUX on a pen drive....