Windows 10: Need Help: Can't capture image of Windows 11 from Hyper-V

Discus and support Need Help: Can't capture image of Windows 11 from Hyper-V in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm attempting to build a Windows 11 Enterprise reference image in a Hyper-V virtual machine and "capture" a .wim image of that to be used for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hemmelman, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Hemmelman Win User

Need Help: Can't capture image of Windows 11 from Hyper-V

I'm attempting to build a Windows 11 Enterprise reference image in a Hyper-V virtual machine and "capture" a .wim image of that to be used for deployment in our environment. It's the capture part that isn't working.I've done this many dozens of times with Windows 10, but Windows 11 isn't working.I create a "Generation 2" VM in Hyper-V. Windows 11 won't install on a Generation 1 VM.I install Windows 11 Enterprise, install some software, etc., make some custom settings in the OS, etc.I sysprep and finalize/shutdown Windows.At this point I assign a WinPE boot disk ISO file to the 'DVD' dri

:)

Hemmelman, Oct 20, 2021

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you disable the Hyper V services. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Services on the search bar.
    • Right click one Hyper V service, then select Properties.
    • On Startup type, choose Disabled.
      Need Help: Can't capture image of Windows 11 from Hyper-V d67aa4cb-46e7-4431-9d29-11005894536c.png
    • You have to disable all the Hyper V services one at a time by following the same steps.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check out your post on TechNet (IT Pro’s) to make sure you get better answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marby Rey, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Need Help: Can't capture image of Windows 11 from Hyper-V

1. Need Help: Can't capture image of Windows 11 from Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Need Help Can't

2. need to turn on Hyper V on windows 11.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need to turn on Hyper V on windows 11.: Split from this thread. Hi can you help me with this problem. PS C:\Users\oleks> dism.exe / Online / Disable-Feature / FeatureName: Microsoft-Hyper-V-AllError: 87DISM doesn't recognize the command-line option "".For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe...
  3. need to turn on Hyper V on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to turn on Hyper V on windows 11.: Split from this thread. Hi can you help me with this problem. PS C:\Users\oleks> dism.exe / Online / Disable-Feature / FeatureName: Microsoft-Hyper-V-AllError: 87DISM doesn't recognize the command-line option "".For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe...
  4. need to turn on Hyper V on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't start Hyper-V Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't start Hyper-V Windows 11: Hi,At some time I've noticed I can't connect to Hyper-V on local laptop. When trying to start service "Hyper-V Host Compute Service" get error: "Windows could not start the Hyper-V Host Compute Service on Local Computer. Error 0x80070005: Access Denied."Also, Even...
  6. Can't start Hyper-V Windows 11

Can't start Hyper-V Windows 11: Hi,At some time I've noticed I can't connect to Hyper-V on local laptop. When trying to start service "Hyper-V Host Compute Service" get error: "Windows could not start the Hyper-V Host Compute Service on Local Computer. Error 0x80070005: Access Denied."Also, Even...
  7. Need Help: Can't capture image of Windows 11 from Hyper-V

Need Help: Can't capture image of Windows 11 from Hyper-V: I'm attempting to build a Windows 11 Enterprise reference image in a Hyper-V virtual machine and "capture" a .wim image of that to be used for deployment in our environment. It's the capture part that isn't working.I've done this many dozens of times with Windows 10, but...
  8. Need Help With Hyper V & External Drives

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Need Help With Hyper V & External Drives: Hi There I am running Windows 11 in a VM. All is working fine expect that I cannot see how to show my external hard drives in File Explorer. When I first ran the VM I clicked on something (!) and they appeared. That VM was accidently deleted and now I cannot recall how I got...
  9. Need Help With Hyper V & External Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help With Hyper V & External Drives: Hi There I am running Windows 11 in a VM. All is working fine expect that I cannot see how to show my external hard drives in File Explorer. When I first ran the VM I clicked on something (!) and they appeared. That VM was accidently deleted and now I cannot recall how I got...
  10. Help with Installing Ubuntu VM in Hyper-v and creating an image

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Help with Installing Ubuntu VM in Hyper-v and creating an image: Help with Installing Ubuntu VM in Hyper-v and creating an image as a .WIM within SCCM. So here's a breakdown of the situation: - I need Ubuntu to be installed as a VM on several Windows machines e.g. approximately 90-110 Desktops. - I've used Virtualbox previously...