Windows 10: Need Help Changing Fresh W10 Installation Personalization/Visuals

Discus and support Need Help Changing Fresh W10 Installation Personalization/Visuals in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently installed a fresh copy of W10 on a new PC and everything look and operates differently than my current PC and I don't understand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Meowzila, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Meowzila Win User

Need Help Changing Fresh W10 Installation Personalization/Visuals

Hello, I have recently installed a fresh copy of W10 on a new PC and everything look and operates differently than my current PC and I don't understand why or how. Maybe it's because my PC was an upgrade from W7 way back, but nevertheless I want to change how this current installation looks to make it similar to how my other W10 looks.

First, there doesn't seem to be minimize/maximize buttons at the top left and the close button is hidden until mouse-over, I would like those buttons to be visible at all times.

Second, I would like to disable this "automatic screen splitting" that takes effect whenever I move the screens. I want to be able to resize the screens to whatever size I'd like without them automatically snapping to either side of the screen. HOWEVER, I would still like the screens to snap IF I pull them to the outer edges of the screen as they do on my other W10 PC.

Third, I want the old start menu back, the one that doesn't extend to the top of the screen and doesn't minimize my current screen. Also, for all icons to be shown without needing to mouse-over.

Fourth, how do I bring back the small transparent button at the bottom left of taskbar that minimized all screens to show the desktop? All that's there now is the action center which I want nothing to do with. On the topic of taskbar, how to remove the "back arrow" button as well?

I really don't like these features and I don't ever remember having to deep dive through windows 10 settings on my other PC to change them.

Thanks

:)

Meowzila, Mar 19, 2020

2. Microsoft Visual 2017 C++ msi wont install.

Hi,

Software conflicts are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Based on the error message you provided, an older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 is blocking the installation. We suggest uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 from the control
    panel before trying to install the new MS Visual 2017. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs, then click Programs and Features.
    • Locate Microsoft Visual 2017 C++, then click Uninstall.
    After uninstalling the program, try to install Microsoft Visual 2017 C++ again.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you further.

Martin Bar, Mar 19, 2020
  3. microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86 won't install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to check if Microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86 is installed in your computer.

To check follow the steps:

• Type Default programs & select programs & features.
    • Check if Microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86
      is installed.
    If yes suggest you to uninstall & reinstall Microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86
    & check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists I would suggest you to contact the game manufacturer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 19, 2020
  4. surfer10k Win User

New W10 install not showing "Newly added apps".

Just installed fresh W10 home.

Just after install ne applications were being shown in the Start menu, recently added apps section. Then it stopped and that area is now blank.

It does show "most used apps" and I can switch that on and off using "personalization" menu.

I switched all options off in Personalization menu/Start but that did not help.

Now "Occasional show suggestions in start", "show most used apps", "show recently added apps" and show recenty opened items in jump list.." are all on.

thx for any help

surfer10k, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Need Help Changing Fresh W10 Installation Personalization/Visuals - Similar Threads - Need Help Changing

2. Visual Studio 2015 installation/application help needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2015 installation/application help needed: Hello. What's the difference between these?en_visual_studio_2015_shell_isolated_x86_dvd_9fda4a05.isomu_visual_studio_2015_shell_integrated_x86_dvd_8b6c6452.isoI mounted both, but there's no "readme" files, so I don't know whether either will be helpful.Will either one allow...
  3. Visual Studio 2015 installation/application help needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio 2015 installation/application help needed: Hello. What's the difference between these?en_visual_studio_2015_shell_isolated_x86_dvd_9fda4a05.isomu_visual_studio_2015_shell_integrated_x86_dvd_8b6c6452.isoI mounted both, but there's no "readme" files, so I don't know whether either will be helpful.Will either one allow...
  4. Do I REALLY need a fresh W10 install after to change mobo and CPU?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I REALLY need a fresh W10 install after to change mobo and CPU?: A couple months before the end of the year I have moved from W7 to W10 on my old i5-3330 PC. Then it happened that in the week between Christmas and New Year my mobo burned out causing me to stay without computer along all the period. So after the holidays I bought new mobo...
  5. Need help on a fresh install of windows on and SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help on a fresh install of windows on and SSD: Hi Reddit, This is my first post. Guess I'll be Stuck here forever! Currently upgrading my girlfriend's laptop from a HDD to SSD. Hers is an Acer laptop where mine is an old Sony vaio (use for engineering) where I already completed a windows install myself. My question is...
  6. fresh install help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fresh install help: okay, so I've been having some strange issues with lots of things, specifically in multiple games, and specifically R6S having mouse input lag. I think I just need a fresh install. I have a HDD and an SSD both 1TB and the HDD currently just has a backup on it, so could I...
  7. Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?

Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?: so i have windows 10 installed on my c: drive but it has become unstable, even a reset and countless other "tricks" didn't fix the issues, so i've decided to just go ahead and do a clean install... as mentioned, it's installed on my c: drive but this time around i would like...
  8. Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?: so i have windows 10 installed on my c: drive but it has become unstable, even a reset and countless other "tricks" didn't fix the issues, so i've decided to just go ahead and do a clean install... as mentioned, it's installed on my c: drive but this time around i would like...
  9. I need help with fresh install

I need help with fresh install: My computer was not running my games well, so i tried installing new drivers. (I have a Gtx 970) The driver completely messed up my native resolution from 1600x900 to 1600x1200. I went into device manager and uninstalled the driver, and restarted so i could get the default...
  10. Fresh install of W10 on a tablet - W10 thinks its a desktop?!?

Fresh install of W10 on a tablet - W10 thinks its a desktop?!?: Tried the XDA forums and got no where so though someone here might assist? I bought a cheapy tablet called a Ployer MOMO8W, it had W10 working on it all OK but I had to perform a fresh install as the last W10 update wouldn't boot anymore. I used the bios to load from USB a...