Windows 10: Need help changing mics

Discus and support Need help changing mics in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a inspiron 15 3000 and i wanted to use apple earbuds as my default mic but it does not work it keeps the default mic please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EthanielMarble, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Need help changing mics

I have a inspiron 15 3000 and i wanted to use apple earbuds as my default mic but it does not work it keeps the default mic please help.

:)

EthanielMarble, Mar 24, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Need help changing mics

Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Need help changing mics

1. Need help changing mics - Similar Threads - Need help changing

2. need help changing password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help changing password: Greetings. My Hotmail account has been hacked and I desperately need to change the password. The issue at hand is that in order to do so, one must receive a code for a secondary email account, which I created over a decade ago, haven't used since, and whose password...
  3. Need help changing name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help changing name: I had a friend's son set up my new computer. He put the main name as butthead. How do I change this? I've searched and searched and can't find how to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-changing-name/5afa8e5d-b4c7-4605-bf9c-59487a06df25
  4. Need Help Changing pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help Changing pin: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/m9red7w3ok291.png?width=595&format=png&auto=webp&s=357a8ef0e06b27fd649d3c84ab6d1ab1aade7a59 This is not an error or anything i just need help. i know how to change passwords or pin but how do i change my pin in my current windows 10? my...
  5. Need help with mic

Need help with mic: Both Zoom and WebEx calls are not detecting my mic, I checked for every update and tried restarting my PC but nothing has helped, any advice? submitted by /u/gprencipe63 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5pm2l/need_help_with_mic/
  6. Need help with my head set mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with my head set mic.: So, I recently bought a new laptop with a headphone port and I had purchased a headset with a mic on it that has 1 port. It doesn't seem to work. I tried uninstalling realtek, and everything. I do not have the option of selecting the microphone....
  7. Need help changing users

Need help changing users: I initiated session with the wrong email last week and I just realized when I noticed I didn't have my usual avatar. How can I change it? Only way I have found is to add my correct email as a new alias, but I cannot because that email has its own account (which is the one I...
  8. mic problem need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mic problem need help: so when I use a app that uses a mic I have to plug in the headset with a mic first then when I open the app it turns on the mic but when I open the app first then plug it in the audio only works but not the mic is there any way I can like enable a option or something...
  9. Need Help In Changing Something

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need Help In Changing Something: I'm not sure what it is called, but if you look at the picture you'll see word "timla". I would like to change this to something. What is the best way of doing this? 144004
  10. Change Icons Need Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Icons Need Help: How do I change these icons: [img] John 136150