Windows 10: Need help changing settings name

Discus and support Need help changing settings name in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Need help changing settings name Is any way to change the name in C:\Users\”Name” to something like C:\Users\Josh submitted by /u/Just-Joshua... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Just-Joshua, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Need help changing settings name

Need help changing settings name

Is any way to change the name in C:\Users\”Name” to something like C:\Users\Josh

submitted by /u/Just-Joshua
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Just-Joshua, Dec 14, 2019

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Need help changing settings name :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Need help changing settings name - Similar Threads - Need help changing

2. Need help changing name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help changing name: I had a friend's son set up my new computer. He put the main name as butthead. How do I change this? I've searched and searched and can't find how to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-changing-name/5afa8e5d-b4c7-4605-bf9c-59487a06df25
  3. Need help changing name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help changing name: I had a friend's son set up my new computer. He put the main name as butthead. How do I change this? I've searched and searched and can't find how to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-changing-name/5afa8e5d-b4c7-4605-bf9c-59487a06df25
  4. I need help, i can't change names

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help, i can't change names: I can't change the name of one of my profile folders. It always says "is is used in a different program at the time, please close the other program first" but there are no other programs running at the moment. I checked with process-explorer and... nothing. How do i deal...
  5. Need help changing user folder name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help changing user folder name: A friend of mine gave me a laptop and made a fun little game for me to figure out the code to enter it and stuff. The name of the user has to do with the code, well I signed in and logged into my Microsoft account, so now the sign-in screen has my name, but in the users...
  6. Need help in changing a name ControlPlane System32.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help in changing a name ControlPlane System32.: JJ King https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-in-changing-a-name-controlplane-system32/ff50bdc8-3c3a-4f4e-80ca-28371a23e007
  7. Need to Change Login Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to Change Login Name: Pardon me if this has been dealt with, I have only seen the tutorial video about naming one's device prior to the initial installment of Win10. But as you see from the screenshot below, the name the machine displayed is not what is desired. When I ran thru the Open Box...
  8. Login name needs to be Changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login name needs to be Changed: When I set up my new computer I did not have a Microsoft account. I want to change it from my husbands Hotmail account to my account so when I log in it says my name not his with his Hotmail account linked to everything. How do I go about doing this?...
  9. Need help with changing name of user profile folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help with changing name of user profile folder: I would like to change the name of the user profile folder. I have found and tried a few methods including one from Microsoft forums. None of them worked. I kept getting something about my User needing to sign out and back in again that there was a problem, so I would sign...
  10. Need help with changing name of user profile folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with changing name of user profile folder: I would like to change the name of the user profile folder. I have found and tried a few methods including one from Microsoft forums. None of them worked. I kept getting something about my User needing to sign out and back in again that there was a problem, so I would sign...