Windows 10: Need help completely wiping a windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Need help completely wiping a windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm planning to give this laptop away as a christmas gift here's the problem its one of those laptops in which the OS takes up more than half of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lilcracka69, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Need help completely wiping a windows 10 laptop

I'm planning to give this laptop away as a christmas gift here's the problem its one of those laptops in which the OS takes up more than half of the space I tired to reset it to factory setting and it says I need 4GB of space free to do it I've tried everything from running the disk cleanup tool to removing temp files and that hardly did anything there's no photos or videos on it I've uninstalled all applications any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/lilcracka69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lilcracka69, Dec 13, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Dec 13, 2020
  3. laptop vista complete restore

Backup your important data and games and do a complete reinstall is someone suggested. This will help clean up clogged registry keys that are useless and slows down your PC and also wiping out undetectable spywares or viruses.

spearman914, Dec 13, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Need help completely wiping a windows 10 laptop

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Need help completely wiping a windows 10 laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Need help completely wiping a windows 10 laptop

1. Need help completely wiping a windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Need help completely

2. Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10: Hi there,I am looking to completely wipe an SSD, including the Windows on it, for use in another computer that already has an SSD with Windows 10 installed on it.The issue I am struggling with is that the SSD is the only drive in the PC and I have no other SSDs or hard...
  3. Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10: Hi there,I am looking to completely wipe an SSD, including the Windows on it, for use in another computer that already has an SSD with Windows 10 installed on it.The issue I am struggling with is that the SSD is the only drive in the PC and I have no other SSDs or hard...
  4. Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!

Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!: I have 5 old laptops my grandparents gifted me, in hopes that I am able to get them cleaned up and reset. I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to Windows stuff..... The main problem I am having is the laptops are password protected, and my grandparents have no idea what...
  5. Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!: I have 5 old laptops my grandparents gifted me, in hopes that I am able to get them cleaned up and reset. I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to Windows stuff..... The main problem I am having is the laptops are password protected, and my grandparents have no idea what...
  6. Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Complete reset/wipe of laptop

Complete reset/wipe of laptop: Hi i have a Windows 10 hp laptop that i have recently replaced, and wish to fully take back to factory settings for then to set up again as a second usable laptop. i have always had problems with freezing etc. I wish to do a complete and full clear and reset. my query is...
  8. Tips for a complete wipe/restart of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tips for a complete wipe/restart of Windows 10?: So my Windows 10 is totally fucked. I’ve been sitting on a security+OS update for 3 years now because I’m an idiot. Now it’s got to the point where I can’t run certain games or mods because all my stuff is so out of date. I’ve tried a lot over the years to fix it, but the...
  9. Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop

Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop: Last night, there was an automatic update on my laptop. When I woke up this morning, there was a message informing me that I needed to install an operating system. Which should not be the case, because I ALREADY HAD WINDOWS 10. After that message, my computer attempted to...
  10. How to wipe files completely from laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to wipe files completely from laptop?: I have document on my computer and they are documents and also pictures/videos on my computer. Many of the documents are private documents so i just axcrypt to encrypt it. However, how do i delete all these files without any trace on computer? Do i just press delete, recycle...