Windows 10: Need help connecting my ps4 to my windows 10 computer via ethernet cable

Discus and support Need help connecting my ps4 to my windows 10 computer via ethernet cable in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i have an ethernet cable hooked up between my ps4 and my laptop and whenever i go to my adapter settings and try to bridge the connection it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Unoriginal_cuck941, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Need help connecting my ps4 to my windows 10 computer via ethernet cable

So i have an ethernet cable hooked up between my ps4 and my laptop and whenever i go to my adapter settings and try to bridge the connection it says "To create a Network Bridge, you must select at leats two LAN or high-speed internet connections that are not being used by the internet Connection Sharing."

When i drag a box around the ethernet and local area Connection* 2 i cannot right click to select the properties tab or bridge the connection, when i right click on the ethernet it appears that i can bridge the connection but when i do it gives the error listed above. I really want to get this setup and any help is apreciated.

submitted by /u/Unoriginal_cuck941
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Unoriginal_cuck941, Jul 7, 2020

2. Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Jul 7, 2020
  3. nlejudge Win User
    Connecting my PS4

Hi.

I have connected my ps4 directly to my hp pavilion all in one via a hdmi cable. Please could someone tell me how to switch to the hdmi screen and if not how to use my ps4 connected to my all in one.

Many Thanks,

nlejudge, Jul 7, 2020
  4. RevoLand Win User

Need help connecting my ps4 to my windows 10 computer via ethernet cable

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Need help connecting my ps4 to my windows 10 computer via ethernet cable

1. Need help connecting my ps4 to my windows 10 computer via ethernet cable - Similar Threads - Need help connecting

2. Sharing my VPN via Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing my VPN via Ethernet Cable: Hi!I'd like to make a hotspot to share my VPN-enabled internet to another computer via an Ethernet cable. I'm using Windows 10 on both devices. I can't seem to get this to work, though I've been told it's very possible!The host computer can share the internet just fine using...
  3. My Computer says to connect an Ethernet cable now.

My Computer says to connect an Ethernet cable now.: Hello! Now i do not know when this problem started, but my WiFi has been having some problems on my computer where it says that I need to connect an Ethernet cable. I do not understand what made this happen as it just started randomly. Sometimes my WiFi will work when I...
  4. My computer can only connect to a network via an ethernet cable and I can not view...

My computer can only connect to a network via an ethernet cable and I can not view...: As the subject heading says, my PC cant view available wifi networks. The only way I can connect to a network is via an ethernet cable. In the bottom right corner I see a Monitor with an ethernet symbol next to it not the typical wifi symbol. When I click it it brings up a...
  5. Need help with extending wifi connection through Ethernet cable

Need help with extending wifi connection through Ethernet cable: Hello everyone. I live in a large home and our wifi can not reach the entire house. Main router is on one side of the home, I'm in the middle and there are a few more data hungry devices on the other end of the house. The setup... So my desktop connects to the router via...
  6. Windows 10 connection via ethernet cable

Windows 10 connection via ethernet cable: Ever since I updated to Windows 10, my internet connection has been intermittent. When I boot up my desktop computer, I never know whether I am going to be connected or not. I have swapped out cables, changed modems, followed all of the recommended fault finding and even...
  7. Connect two computers with ethernet cable

Connect two computers with ethernet cable: I am trying to transfer files between two Windows 10 laptops using an ethernet cable to network them. I have a new crossover ethernet cable, which I attached to both computers. Both now show Ethernet Network 2, but they are not talking to each other. I followed the...
  8. Need help with connecting laptop to desktop using ethernet cable

Need help with connecting laptop to desktop using ethernet cable: So about 6 months ago my internet got shut off for a few days. I was still able to connect to an open wifi from my house. I then connected my laptop to my desktop using an ethernet cable. On the laptop all I had to do was go into the adapter properties and select to share the...
  9. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable: Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked!
  10. My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable

My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable: I just got my first pc and I turned it on and I tried connecting it to the internet, there was no routers showing up so I troubleshooted and it said I didn't have an Ethernet cable plugged in but aren't I supposed to be able to connect wirelessly? It's a modern gaming...