Windows 10: Need help connecting scanner to my PC

Discus and support Need help connecting scanner to my PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What do i need to do to connect scanner to my HP computer? I have a HP Office Jet 6958 that's a 3 in 1 but I have never used the scanner.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IdolinaReta, May 4, 2020.

1. Need help connecting scanner to my PC

What do i need to do to connect scanner to my HP computer? I have a HP Office Jet 6958 that's a 3 in 1 but I have never used the scanner.

:)

IdolinaReta, May 4, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, May 4, 2020
  3. ARichard Win User
    Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

Need help connecting scanner to my PC [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! Need help connecting scanner to my PC :)

ARichard, May 4, 2020
  4. Need help connecting scanner to my PC

Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Need help connecting scanner to my PC

1. Need help connecting scanner to my PC - Similar Threads - Need help connecting

2. Need help with my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with my pc: Even since I tried restarting the system the clean everything option after the installation the setup screen comes on and mouse and keyboard don't work and on the advanced options I'm trying to do system restore but asking for admin password which I don't remember adding any...
  3. Need help with shared connection from pc to my Xbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with shared connection from pc to my Xbox: I’m using a Ethernet network adapter to share my internet from pc to my Xbox. It was working at one point. But since the reboot of the computer, I can’t get it to connect to my Xbox again. I get internet on the laptop and says it shared but Xbox isn’t picking it up....
  4. Need help with shared connection from pc to my Xbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help with shared connection from pc to my Xbox: I’m using a Ethernet network adapter to share my internet from pc to my Xbox. It was working at one point. But since the reboot of the computer, I can’t get it to connect to my Xbox again. I get internet on the laptop and says it shared but Xbox isn’t picking it up....
  5. Need help with my pc!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with my pc!!!!: Hello, my pc has been acting up lately. I can’t open task manager, can’t open command prompt, I don’t see the UAC box so I cant install anything, I cant change anything in control panel if what I need to press has a UAC shield, Im not able to factory reset my computer, and...
  6. My Brother scanner wont connect to my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Brother scanner wont connect to my PC: I have a multi use printer/scanner. The printer works perfectly wireless but I cannot connect the scanner. It worked on my old laptop I have since deleted it from my old laptop now...
  7. Need help Pc not connecting to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help Pc not connecting to internet: I just got a pc for Christmas and just hooked it up but it won’t connect to internet no internets even show up even though my phone and l can connect fine please help. submitted by /u/dovakinalex69 [link] [comments]...
  8. I need help connecting Joy-Cons to my PC

I need help connecting Joy-Cons to my PC: Good afternoon! I have a Nintendo Switch as my primary console, that also has the only bluetooth controllers with me, so I decided that I wanted to use them to play on my computer (Lenovo Ideapad S145). The problem is, I've tried two drivers and solutions - xJoy and vJoy -,...
  9. I cannot get my scanner to connect to my PC. Any help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot get my scanner to connect to my PC. Any help.: Cannot get my scanner to connect to my computer. Any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-my-scanner-to-connect-to-my-pc-any/393b6ced-9ffe-4b4c-8b9f-558461ac2c96
  10. Need help with my pc

Need help with my pc: My pc has a problem where it wont enter some internet pages, I ignored it for some time since I discovered I could use the commands ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew and after many tries things would go back to normal, but today I decided to fix it and saw the suggestion to...