Windows 10: Need help consolidating partitions

Discus and support Need help consolidating partitions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Attached is a screenshot of Disk Management. I would like to get rid of the partition named: "Windows 10 (OLD) (G:)" and consolidate the space with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

Need help consolidating partitions

Attached is a screenshot of Disk Management. I would like to get rid of the partition named: "Windows 10 (OLD) (GNeed help consolidating partitions :)" and consolidate the space with the partition named "Windows 10 (NEW) (CNeed help consolidating partitions :)". Windows 10 (OLD) is an old version of Windows 10 for which I have no further use. I have the apps:

1. easyBCD (free version)
    2. MiniTool Partition Wizard

Not comfortable using the apps to accomplish the consolidation without some guidance. Thank you.......

:)

Nisko, Jul 15, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 15, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Need help consolidating partitions

Consolidating Scattered Partition Chunks?

The hard drive of my notebook PC looks like this in Disk Manager:

Need help consolidating partitions [​IMG]

As you can see, the partition named My Files is split into three "chunks" (what are they actually called?).

Is there a way of consolidating these scattered partition chunks?

nigelmercier, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Need help consolidating partitions

1. Need help consolidating partitions - Similar Threads - Need help consolidating

2. Need help consolidating partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help consolidating partitions: Attached is a screenshot of Disk Management. I would like to get rid of the partition named: "Windows 10 (OLD) (G:)" and consolidate the space with the partition named "Windows 10 (NEW) (C:)". Windows 10 (OLD) is an old version of Windows 10 for which I have no further use. I...
  3. Help Consolidating Files Under One User Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help Consolidating Files Under One User Name: - I have multiple Microsoft usernames and want to combine all my folders, files, pictures, and apps under one username. After a crash on my previous computer, the name of the user me was truncated - for example: aaabbbccc@**** to aabbc. I now have a new computer. Even though...
  4. Trying to partition my SSD and need help...

Trying to partition my SSD and need help...: Hey, I'm trying to create a new partition on my drive, but when I try to shrink the drive in disk management it says I can only have a maximum of 6000 odd mb yet I have 150gb of free space and when I try on minitool there isn't even an option to create a new partition. I...
  5. urgent help needed- lost partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    urgent help needed- lost partition: Hi there I really need some help THe scenario: I was using windows 7 and had HDD partitioned C for windows D for data and files I went to install windows 10 and couldnt initially, so when it asked to install on drive i formatted and that didnt help, I then deleted the...
  6. Bitlocker partition got corrupted Need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker partition got corrupted Need help!: From my 500 GB SSD I've created 20 GB partition for BitLocker, today suddenly it started showing message "Needs to be formatted before use" . I tried almost everything CMD, Sfc/Scan, Error check, M3 data recovery nothing is working. Any help is really appreciated. submitted...
  7. Need help with Disk Partitioning problem.

Need help with Disk Partitioning problem.: Hello, I have a strange problem when I want to shrink my main drive down: It only lets me shrink 14GB of space. Trouble is, I have 214GB free of 237GB on my SSD. Over 15 times the shrink space. I have checked the System Volume Information using vssadmin list...
  8. Consolidating Scattered Partition Chunks?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Consolidating Scattered Partition Chunks?: The hard drive of my notebook PC looks like this in Disk Manager: [img] As you can see, the partition named My Files is split into three "chunks" (what are they actually called?). Is there a way of consolidating these scattered partition chunks? 46625
  9. Need Help Restoring EFI and MSR Partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Help Restoring EFI and MSR Partitions: Hello, I think that for some reason, my EFI and MSR partitions were not located on my main Windows drive. When I installed linux mint on a separate drive, Windows refused to boot. I did the usual linux chain of debugging like boot-repair and update-grub but I don't...
  10. Deleted OS Partition and Need Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted OS Partition and Need Help: Hello. I have an Acer laptop that had Windows 8 on it. We took the free upgrade to get to Windows 10 and tried it for a few months. Now I decided to try to install Windows 7 on it. I put the disc in the drive and booted. I deleted all partitions except for the data partition...