Windows 10: Need help consolidating partitions

Discus and support Need help consolidating partitions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Attached is a screenshot of Disk Management. I would like to get rid of the partition named: "Windows 10 (OLD) (G:)" and consolidate the space with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nisko, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

Need help consolidating partitions

Attached is a screenshot of Disk Management. I would like to get rid of the partition named: "Windows 10 (OLD) (GNeed help consolidating partitions :)" and consolidate the space with the partition named "Windows 10 (NEW) (CNeed help consolidating partitions :)". Windows 10 (OLD) is an old version of Windows 10 for which I have no further use. I have the apps:

1. easyBCD (free version)
    2. MiniTool Partition Wizard

Not comfortable using the apps to accomplish the consolidation without some guidance. Thank you.......

:)

Nisko, Jul 17, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 17, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Need help consolidating partitions

Consolidating Scattered Partition Chunks?

The hard drive of my notebook PC looks like this in Disk Manager:

Need help consolidating partitions [​IMG]

As you can see, the partition named My Files is split into three "chunks" (what are they actually called?).

Is there a way of consolidating these scattered partition chunks?

nigelmercier, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Need help consolidating partitions

1. Need help consolidating partitions - Similar Threads - Need help consolidating

2. Lost partition - Need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost partition - Need help: Hello good people,I did a fresh Windows 11 installation and now I have a problem where my SSD is devided into 4 partitions but only 2 are in use.I was looking on Google for solution, but everything I found was connected to EaseUS program and they want me to pay for a plan...
  3. Lost partition - Need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost partition - Need help: Hello good people,I did a fresh Windows 11 installation and now I have a problem where my SSD is devided into 4 partitions but only 2 are in use.I was looking on Google for solution, but everything I found was connected to EaseUS program and they want me to pay for a plan...
  4. Help Determine what partitions are needed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help Determine what partitions are needed: I have a Win 10 installation that originally was Win 8, then upgraded to Win 8.1 Pro and finally upgraded to Win 10. It is now on the current 20H2 version. I know not all partitions are needed. I have a clean Win 10 Pro install (dual boot with this one) and its only one...
  5. Help Determine what partitions are needed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help Determine what partitions are needed: I have a Win 10 installation that originally was Win 8, then upgraded to Win 8.1 Pro and finally upgraded to Win 10. It is now on the current 20H2 version. I know not all partitions are needed. I have a clean Win 10 Pro install (dual boot with this one) and its only one...
  6. Disk and partition help needed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk and partition help needed: [ATTACH] How to combine the disk 0 back to disk 1? I have one 512 Gb ssd which i somehow split into two disks by accident. How do I get the 27 Gb unallocated space back to my 512 gb disk? Please help...
  7. Need help consolidating partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help consolidating partitions: Attached is a screenshot of Disk Management. I would like to get rid of the partition named: "Windows 10 (OLD) (G:)" and consolidate the space with the partition named "Windows 10 (NEW) (C:)". Windows 10 (OLD) is an old version of Windows 10 for which I have no further use. I...
  8. urgent help needed- lost partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    urgent help needed- lost partition: Hi there I really need some help THe scenario: I was using windows 7 and had HDD partitioned C for windows D for data and files I went to install windows 10 and couldnt initially, so when it asked to install on drive i formatted and that didnt help, I then deleted the...
  9. Consolidating Scattered Partition Chunks?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Consolidating Scattered Partition Chunks?: The hard drive of my notebook PC looks like this in Disk Manager: [img] As you can see, the partition named My Files is split into three "chunks" (what are they actually called?). Is there a way of consolidating these scattered partition chunks? 46625
  10. Deleted OS Partition and Need Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted OS Partition and Need Help: Hello. I have an Acer laptop that had Windows 8 on it. We took the free upgrade to get to Windows 10 and tried it for a few months. Now I decided to try to install Windows 7 on it. I put the disc in the drive and booted. I deleted all partitions except for the data partition...