Windows 10: Need help copying and recovering data from SSD

Discus and support Need help copying and recovering data from SSD in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My computer boots from an SSD. The SSD stopped working. I put it in an enclosure and plugged it into another computer. It does not show up in Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rainyday, Apr 25, 2020.

1. rainyday Win User

Need help copying and recovering data from SSD

My computer boots from an SSD. The SSD stopped working. I put it in an enclosure and plugged it into another computer.

It does not show up in Disk Management or File Explorer. It does show up in Device Manager, but it has problems.

Need help copying and recovering data from SSD [​IMG]

I'd like to copy it / image it, then use recovery software on the copy. Is that going to be possible?

I also need advice on what to use. I hope free software will be enough. I will be grateful for any advice!

That's the important part. For the curious, here's more info on what happened - I have a Lenovo Legion Y540. It had trouble powering down one day. When I tried to turn it back on, I got an error message. I went into BIOS and it didn't detect the SSD.

I searched and other people have had this problem. Some of them fixed it with power cycling, or changing BIOS options. That didn't work for me.

The computer is only 4 months old and is still under warranty. I want to get my data before I ask them to repair it.

(Windows version number on old computer - unknown. On computer I'm using - 1809)

:)

rainyday, Apr 25, 2020

2. solaris needs serious help with recovering data

How do you know that the CD's on his hard drive are not copies of his lifelong collection of purchased discs placed into one collection? *Wink Need help copying and recovering data from SSD ;)

Temps_Riising, Apr 25, 2020
  3. solaris needs serious help with recovering data

Hate to say it... but guess what... you shouldnt be trying to recover CDs that you dont own anymore. I know your intensions are honorable, but this is actually a help me pirate/hack thread.

I've had great results with all of the following (for recovering lost data, not CDs *Wink Need help copying and recovering data from SSD ;)):
    • recuva
    • getdataback
    • r-studio (recovery studio)
    • EASEUS Data Recovery

lemonadesoda, Apr 25, 2020
  4. michael Win User

Need to know Best Recovery Software to recover shift+Deleted data

Hi Guys,

Good Day!

Yesterday I shift deleted some of the data from my desktop from my 256GB SSD.
    I need to recover them,

Please suggest my the best software to recover it.

Thanks.

michael, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Need help copying and recovering data from SSD - Similar Threads - Need help copying

2. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering data from an SSD: I'm making a desperate and maybe senseless move to recover data from my SSD because of my mistake I only want to recover some small files from the documents in my old OS the history of my SSD is that I full formatted it twice because first I removed my old OS and second I...
  3. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering data from an SSD: I'm making a desperate and maybe senseless move to recover data from my SSD because of my mistake I only want to recover some small files from the documents in my old OS the history of my SSD is that I full formatted it twice because first I removed my old OS and second I...
  4. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?: Currently, I have a SSD that I took out from an old laptop, and was trying to use it on a different laptop or at least recover the data. I do not have the password or the recovery key, so I have no way to access the data inside.Is there any way to recover the data stored...
  6. Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?: Currently, I have a SSD that I took out from an old laptop, and was trying to use it on a different laptop or at least recover the data. I do not have the password or the recovery key, so I have no way to access the data inside.Is there any way to recover the data stored...
  7. Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Need help recovering data on hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help recovering data on hdd: I recently installed the windows 21H1 update and I went to click on my common folder in steam D:Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common and it said folder is missing or moved. Now I cannot use any games in steam as the entire steam library is downloaded to there. It appears...
  9. I need help deleting a copy of Windows 7 from an SSD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help deleting a copy of Windows 7 from an SSD.: I have an SSD in my laptop that has a copy of windows 7 on it and my boot drive has a copy of windows 10which I am running. The copy of windows 7 takes up half of the space on the SSD, TrustedInstaller won't let me delete the filesI've tried changing the owner of the files,...
  10. Recovering data from a crashed Ubuntu system's copy (.iso)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovering data from a crashed Ubuntu system's copy (.iso): Hello, I have a copy of a crashed Ubuntu system's hard drive, which is in iso format. This copy was made with some Linux recovery software (can't remember how's it called). Now I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop and it would be great to recover the lost work I did in...