Windows 10: Need help. Custom task in task scheduler is not working after windows update

Discus and support Need help. Custom task in task scheduler is not working after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, please someone help me out in this one. i recently updated my windows 10 to latest 2004 build. this has caused a custom task in my task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShubhamSingh_lkn, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Need help. Custom task in task scheduler is not working after windows update

Hello, please someone help me out in this one. i recently updated my windows 10 to latest 2004 build. this has caused a custom task in my task scheduler to stop working.
    for reference i task i created is from this site https://trendblog.net/lock-feature-bitlocker/

it used to work perfectly but now whenever i run my task an error show
    'Windows cannot find '“bitlocker_autolock_task”'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.'

Please someone help me out in this one. I need this problem to be fixed.

:)

ShubhamSingh_lkn, Jun 24, 2020

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Need help. Custom task in task scheduler is not working after windows update

Cannot schedule a task with Task Scheduler - error 2147942403

Hi,

I suggest you to check the below settings and check fi it helps.

• In task scheduler, click on the scheduled job properties > then settings.
    • In the last listed option: "If the task is already running, the following rule applies:"
    • Select "Stop the existing instance" from the drop down list.
    • Save and Exit. Then check whether the task is running or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Need help. Custom task in task scheduler is not working after windows update

1. Need help. Custom task in task scheduler is not working after windows update - Similar Threads - Need help Custom

2. Help with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Task Scheduler: Hi, I can't seem to find a useful tip to help me resolve my problem. For example, I want to trigger an event start specific program with Task Scheduler only when another program is starting or is started. Suppose I have an application which runs at start upa password manager...
  3. Help with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with Task Scheduler: Hi, I can't seem to find a useful tip to help me resolve my problem. For example, I want to trigger an event start specific program with Task Scheduler only when another program is starting or is started. Suppose I have an application which runs at start upa password manager...
  4. Help with Task Schedule

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Task Schedule: Hi, I can't seem to find a useful tip to help me resolve my problem. For example, I want to trigger an event start specific program with Task Scheduler only when another program is starting or is started. Suppose I have an application which runs at start upa password manager...
  5. Help with Task Schedule

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with Task Schedule: Hi, I can't seem to find a useful tip to help me resolve my problem. For example, I want to trigger an event start specific program with Task Scheduler only when another program is starting or is started. Suppose I have an application which runs at start upa password manager...
  6. Task Scheduler Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler Help: I created a one time task that would start at 11:30, and execute a bat file which puts the computer to sleep. It worked, but I can no longer find the task in task scheduler. Was it automatically deleted because this was a one time task? How do I find it? submitted by...
  7. EliseM_456 My Reply is not working. Custom task in task scheduler is not working after...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EliseM_456 My Reply is not working. Custom task in task scheduler is not working after...: hello elise, i'm having trouble replying. that's why i wast able to answer you. is there some other way I can talk to you? this is my question -...
  8. Reply is not working. Custom task in task scheduler is not working after windows update

Reply is not working. Custom task in task scheduler is not working after windows update: hello elise, i'm having trouble replying. that's why i wast able to answer you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reply-is-not-working-custom-task-in-task-scheduler/652a9fcd-7c0c-494f-8dc4-48b25041ffaf
  9. Custom task in task scheduler is not working after windows update

Custom task in task scheduler is not working after windows update: Hello, please someone help me out in this one. i recently updated my windows 10 to latest 2004 build. this has caused a custom task in my task scheduler to stop working. for reference i task i created is from this site https://trendblog.net/lock-feature-bitlocker/ it used to...
  10. Need help with Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with Task scheduler: I need to create a Task to run Program X automatically when Program Y runs. Is it possible to create in Task Scheduler? submitted by /u/thedesimonk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f2nm6g/need_help_with_task_scheduler/