Windows 10: Need Help - Deleted the built-in controller driver and I can't find a way to reinstall it :(

Discus and support Need Help - Deleted the built-in controller driver and I can't find a way to reinstall it :( in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yes. I'm stupid. now that we got that through our system let's move on to the subject: I use my Xbox series X's controller on my pc as well via a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ErRaichel, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Need Help - Deleted the built-in controller driver and I can't find a way to reinstall it :(

Yes. I'm stupid. now that we got that through our system let's move on to the subject:

I use my Xbox series X's controller on my pc as well via a cable connection.

one day the controller kept turning on my console instead of working on my pc.

To fix that I have made a very stupid mistake - I uninstalled the driver thinking reinstalling it would fix the issue. the unexpected problem I encountered is that I can not find a way to reinstall this driver. so basically my pc has no idea what to do with my now unrecognized device.

Please help me solve this problem. I miss PC gaming with my controller.

P.S. the method of going to the device manager and right-clicking the driver/controller and doing stuff from there is not relevant in my case, because in my pc this driver no longer exists and the controller is now an unrecognized device. the solution might be a manual install of the driver (Which I did not find).

Thank you for your help.

submitted by /u/ErRaichel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ErRaichel, Mar 1, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 1, 2021
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Need Help - Deleted the built-in controller driver and I can't find a way to reinstall it :(

volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Need Help - Deleted the built-in controller driver and I can't find a way to reinstall it :(

1. Need Help - Deleted the built-in controller driver and I can't find a way to reinstall it :( - Similar Threads - Need Help Deleted

2. Actually , i Need Help , But Can't Find a Flair for "Need Help"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Actually , i Need Help , But Can't Find a Flair for "Need Help": My Laptop (DELL Precision M4800) Perfect Laptop For The Time Being , Not Talking About The Specs RN , So , it Has This Problem Where The CPU Caps at 27% When Battery is 30% or The First Minute After Unplugging it , How do i Solve it ? submitted by /u/ALICOOL412 [link]...
  3. Deleted inbuilt webcam driver, need to reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted inbuilt webcam driver, need to reinstall: My device is hp laptop Windows 11. I deleted the inbuilt webcam driver by mistake and now the webcam won't work.The camera driver is missing from device manager so I can't reinstall driver from there.I have already tried: aTroubleshootingbTried"scan for hardware...
  4. Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall: My device is hp laptop Windows 11. I deleted the inbuilt webcam driver by mistake and now the webcam won't work.The camera driver is missing from device manager so I can't reinstall driver from there. I have already tried: aTroubleshootingbTried"scan for hardware...
  5. Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall: My device is hp laptop Windows 11. I deleted the inbuilt webcam driver by mistake and now the webcam won't work.The camera driver is missing from device manager so I can't reinstall driver from there. I have already tried: aTroubleshootingbTried"scan for hardware...
  6. Need help reinstalling my driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help reinstalling my driver: I have a windows 10 satellite toshiba laptop for about 6 years when suddenly the network adapter would go into hidden. i tried restarting countless times, resetting netsh and uninstalling but when i uninstalled it didn't reinstall...
  7. Can't find video controller drivers! Need Help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find video controller drivers! Need Help!: guys I am not able to find driver for video controller after upgrading to windows 10. everything was fine in Windows 7 Hardware Id PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2792&SUBSYS_19998086&REV_04 PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2792&SUBSYS_19998086 PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2792&CC_038000...
  8. Need help finding a built in Audio mixer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help finding a built in Audio mixer: I need to find this mixer I used to use when I got new earphones to make them sound better, I can never find the menu when I need it. Its a black tab with like all the different frequencies beside each other in a row. The only thing I remember is that you have to right click...
  9. bluetooth help needed to reinstall driver

bluetooth help needed to reinstall driver: My Bluetooth isn't working and need to reinstall the correct driver. I would appreciate some help with this issue please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-help-needed-to-reinstall-driver/620fc2d6-bf0b-41d0-817c-a4724fb4ac28
  10. Can't find drivers for these "Network Controllers"

Can't find drivers for these "Network Controllers": In Device Manager, I can see a lot of devices under "other devices" with an unknown manufacturer. I can't update the drivers because Windows can't find the right drivers on the Internet. I have tried searching for the Hardware IDs as recommended here, but I can't find any...