Windows 10: Need help deleting extra EFI partitions.

Discus and support Need help deleting extra EFI partitions. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After installing/trying multiple distros I have a lot of EFI/Recovery partitions in my Drive, I want to delete all but the windows one as I looking to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ArVtheBest, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Need help deleting extra EFI partitions.

After installing/trying multiple distros I have a lot of EFI/Recovery partitions in my Drive, I want to delete all but the windows one as I looking to clean/organize my drive.

submitted by /u/ArVtheBest
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ArVtheBest, Nov 15, 2020
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Need help deleting extra EFI partitions. :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Nov 15, 2020
  3. EFI partition delete issues and restoration

If I delete the EFI partition accidentally in Windows 10, how do I setup or manage or restore the EFI partition?

Kaushik Guha, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Need help deleting extra EFI partitions.

The Efi system partition deleting during clean install....

hi,

You are saying that i should not delete them (the EFI System partition) and just install windows to primary or main partition. Please tell me that i am correct in understanding this. If i am not, please give some easy step to do so.

Also, If i delete all my partitions including EFI and then click next to install windows, can't that be recreated. The disk looks like this

Need help deleting extra EFI partitions. cb00b586-b41b-4a25-bdc5-cd6a009f2f20?upload=true.png

The MSR reserved partition i have deleted on previous clean install and also the recovery which was of win8.1 which i don't want. Please help.

Milind Goel, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Need help deleting extra EFI partitions.

1. Need help deleting extra EFI partitions. - Similar Threads - Need help deleting

2. How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11: So, I installed Ubuntu alongside my Windows 11 OS on my D drive just for practice. I'm now trying to uninstall it and I'm almost done, but I'm trying to delete this last EFI partition on my D drive which wasn't there prior to the ubuntu install.My windows EFI partition on my...
  3. How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11: So, I installed Ubuntu alongside my Windows 11 OS on my D drive just for practice. I'm now trying to uninstall it and I'm almost done, but I'm trying to delete this last EFI partition on my D drive which wasn't there prior to the ubuntu install.My windows EFI partition on my...
  4. Should I delete this EFI Partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I delete this EFI Partition?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/not_sahil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkgptx/should_i_delete_this_efi_partition/
  5. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  6. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  7. Help with EFI partition recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with EFI partition recovery: I was using a disk clone program and for some reason it wiped out the EFI partition on both the source and the target, the machine cannot boot. I downloaded the ISO image, put it on a flash drive, configured BIOS to look at flash and it does not boot off of it. Any other...
  8. Help with EFI partition recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with EFI partition recovery: I was using a disk clone program and for some reason it wiped out the EFI partition on both the source and the target, the machine cannot boot. I downloaded the ISO image, put it on a flash drive, configured BIOS to look at flash and it does not boot off of it. Any other...
  9. help required to delete the extra recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    help required to delete the extra recovery partition: I had purchased an HP laptop that came with windows 8. This was upgraded online to v 8.1 and then to windows 10 and subsequently to the feature updates of Windows 10. When checking (yesterday) with disk management I found there were three recovery partitions apart from the...
  10. Need Help Restoring EFI and MSR Partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Help Restoring EFI and MSR Partitions: Hello, I think that for some reason, my EFI and MSR partitions were not located on my main Windows drive. When I installed linux mint on a separate drive, Windows refused to boot. I did the usual linux chain of debugging like boot-repair and update-grub but I don't...