Windows 10: Need help deleting linux from my dual booted system

Discus and support Need help deleting linux from my dual booted system in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i recently dual booted Linux but now i am in need for storage on windows so i would like to delete the Linux partitions. I deleted 2 of the three i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Osaid Shabbir, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Need help deleting linux from my dual booted system

i recently dual booted Linux but now i am in need for storage on windows so i would like to delete the Linux partitions. I deleted 2 of the three i made during setup but the third is name efi and doesn't let me delete it and i can't even extend the volumes to join the c drive. the disk management is in This image, i couldn't upload it directly.

:)

Osaid Shabbir, Mar 20, 2023

2. Musings about Dual Booting Linux & Windows, HELP!

Hi roadie133

Were there any steps attempted to setup the dual boot with the Linux and Windows 10 as described in the article?

Andre for Directly, Mar 20, 2023
  3. add linux dual boot to w10 system

First check to see if Windows supports dual-boot when one of the systems is not Windows. As best as I know it is not possible and I have tried to get the answer myself but that was a few years ago. As best as I know the only option is to use a Linux utility
    to do the multi-booting.

If you did configure dual boot then how did you do that? If you are using a Linux/Ubuntu utility then you need to ask in a Linux/Ubuntu forum.

The suggestion to hold down the shift key while doing a shutdown might help but another option is to go into your system's BIOS while booting. The procedure varies depending on the BIOS but if you can get into the BIOS configuration then you can choose where
    to boot from. Sometimes it can be a one-time choice but there should be a way to set the boot device priority so that it boots from whichever device/partition you select. That is
    not a permanent solution but it will allow you a
    slightly inconvenient way to switch where to boot from.

Also note that it is standard for a boot utility to boot whatever partition is marked active. There are Windows and Linux utilities to select which partition will be the boot partition.

Simple Samples, Mar 20, 2023
  4. Need help deleting linux from my dual booted system

Dual boot with linux: only linux boot

Hi Xelany

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

You should try repairing your Windows 10 installation using the following steps:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-windows-10...

If that restores Windows 10, use EasyBCD to add an entry for Linux mint:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/dual-boot-wind...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Need help deleting linux from my dual booted system

1. Need help deleting linux from my dual booted system - Similar Threads - Need help deleting

2. Need help deleting linux from my dual booted system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help deleting linux from my dual booted system: i recently dual booted Linux but now i am in need for storage on windows so i would like to delete the Linux partitions. I deleted 2 of the three i made during setup but the third is name efi and doesn't let me delete it and i can't even extend the volumes to join the c...
  3. Need help deleting linux from my dual booted system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help deleting linux from my dual booted system: i recently dual booted Linux but now i am in need for storage on windows so i would like to delete the Linux partitions. I deleted 2 of the three i made during setup but the third is name efi and doesn't let me delete it and i can't even extend the volumes to join the c...
  4. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  5. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  6. Need help in Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help in Dual Boot: I have a PC with 2 SSD and an NVMe . I have Windows 10 installed on NVMe And have a free SSD and I want to install Linux ( OpenSUSE ) on a free SSD . I want to Setup dual boot on it but I have no idea how to do it and I doubt that it is possible via NVMe and SSD pathway . If...
  7. Help trying to Delete an OS from dual boot system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help trying to Delete an OS from dual boot system.: Thanks for you help. Please read the entire post before helping, as the items show below are inter-related. My system had been dual booted from Win 7 since the first version of Win 10 came out. I've been having may boot problems since installing v1903 this is what I think...
  8. Dual boot with linux: only linux boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual boot with linux: only linux boot: Hello, Well I'll sum up what I did so far: I had ubuntu + windows 10, was working fine but ubuntu was taking too much space on my drive. Deleted ubuntu partitions, gave the space back to windows, boot into the windows usb drive to perform the bootrec /fixmbr,fixboot...
  9. add linux dual boot to w10 system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    add linux dual boot to w10 system: New Laptop with W10 installed. Want to add dual boot Ubuntu. Ubuntu install looks good, but when restart,goes direct to W; no choice. Suspect WW Master Boot process since unix /var/log/syslog shows no sign of choice build and lots of Window master boot process. Need to...
  10. dual-boot Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual-boot Linux: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 8.1), and I'm considering setting it up to dual-boot Linux. I just had a look at the HD with Disk Management, and Lenovo has created 6 partitions (C, D, and 4 hidden partitions). Can I get further help here, or is...