Windows 10: Need help. Desktop icons rectangular, spacing huge.

Discus and support Need help. Desktop icons rectangular, spacing huge. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] See below. The icons have the same width as a 'large' size icon in the desktop settings but the height is equal to what I actually have it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GamerAJ1025, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Need help. Desktop icons rectangular, spacing huge.

Need help. Desktop icons rectangular, spacing huge. gkwete0fKzAipEYSEVywJmN9uLd3kDY-QtUYEfqA2I0.jpg

See below. The icons have the same width as a 'large' size icon in the desktop settings but the height is equal to what I actually have it set to - medium. If I use ctrl + scroll wheel to change icon size, the icons change height but not width. The width is seemingly locked as the maximum size when the height can be changed to any size. The spacing between the icons does not change if I change icon size. Resolution is on recommended, I've tried resizing the ions, I dunno what to do.

https://preview.redd.it/5sa7v5clan5...bp&s=3a2ab3fa0ae2219257171fc27f486e31b9d37fbf

This has just suddenly happened. I slept the computer after it got a bit hot last night and came back to it this morning and the desktop was broken. It was perfectly fine before.

submitted by /u/GamerAJ1025
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GamerAJ1025, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Need help. Desktop icons rectangular, spacing huge.

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Need help. Desktop icons rectangular, spacing huge.

1. Need help. Desktop icons rectangular, spacing huge. - Similar Threads - Need help Desktop

2. Huge Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge Disk Space: I had a problem about my disk space and I decided to look which file is taking a huge place293GB, although I don't have so many programs on my pc.Then I saw a file which was named ,C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\ClickToRun\ProductReleases\AF99D195-6556-4A34-8A4B-17FADA230DEEand I...
  3. Huge Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge Disk Space: I had a problem about my disk space and I decided to look which file is taking a huge place293GB, although I don't have so many programs on my pc.Then I saw a file which was named ,C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\ClickToRun\ProductReleases\AF99D195-6556-4A34-8A4B-17FADA230DEEand I...
  4. Desktop icon suddenly spaced out? Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icon suddenly spaced out? Help?: Hey everyone, when I turned on my computer this morning the desktop icons were suddenly spaced out. Can anyone help me fix this? https://imgur.com/Kwb2wYW submitted by /u/AmbitiousExcuse [link] [comments]...
  5. Desktop Icon Spacing . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Spacing . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro My desktop icons, are very far apart. I want to get them, closer. Here,'is the way to do it, by editing the registry. =============================== regedit Hkey_current_user control_panel Desktop WindowsMetric...
  6. Strange Rectangular box on Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Rectangular box on Desktop: Hello, a few weeks ago I noticed every time I get on my pc there's a translucent box on my screen that just stays there. It doesn't cause anything weird to happen, but it's annoying to look at every time I get on my pc. When I clicked on it, the border is white, but if I...
  7. desktop icon spacing

desktop icon spacing: I keep having desktop spacing problems. I have down regedit in registry fix many times, but it keeps coming back I am using win 10 with edge. Is there anupdate I need to load that fixes this problem?...
  8. Need help changing desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help changing desktop icons: Hey, I’ve been trying to change some icons on my desktop folders for some time but can’t seem to get any luck submitted by /u/michalxm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt0lmu/need_help_changing_desktop_icons/
  9. Desktop icon spacing

Desktop icon spacing: Is there a way to change desktop icon spacing with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-spacing/a5f2b68d-e5a4-4303-b6ce-d8fdf91e8708
  10. Desktop icon spacing

Desktop icon spacing: I'm used to tweaking the values in HKCU\ControlPanel\Desktop\WindowsMetrics\Icon Spacing in previous version of Windows, but it appears to work a bit differently in Win10. Changing the Icon Spacing from the default of -1560 to, say -2000, gives more room for the icon title...