Windows 10: Need help determining the cause of a computer crash

Discus and support Need help determining the cause of a computer crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, and good afternoon. My computer has been crashing recently, and I do not know how to troubleshoot any further. Since I don't know how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nicksfalco, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Need help determining the cause of a computer crash

Hello everyone, and good afternoon. My computer has been crashing recently, and I do not know how to troubleshoot any further. Since I don't know how to read the crash dump file to find exactly what I'm looking for, any help would be much appreciated.

Worth noting is that a crash occurred once yesterday, and once today, both within the first couple minutes of using my computer. Today, it crashed and restarted, no BSOD or error message was displayed.

Here is a link to the sysinfo and dump files:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlvBx5esaGRlxFwFHv9g8ESLfcng?e=59HZS4

Best regards, Nick.

:)

nicksfalco, Mar 16, 2021
  2. sygnus21 Win User

method to determine exactly what caused a particular update?

Two suggested articles from Microsoft....

Whether you find the exact cause will determine the level of troubleshooting you go through.

sygnus21, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    update causing crash

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when the Windows updates don’t work the way they are supposed to and crash the computer.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. When you say the system is crashed, do you get any error message or error code?
    3. Are you able to Boot into the computer?

I suggest you to try with these following step on your computer and check the result with the issue.

Refer this article and try getting into
    Safe Mode
    . If the computer is not crashing in safe mode then perform a clean boot from safe mode.
    Refer the article on How to perform a clean boor in Windows. If
    the PC is not crashing then please refer the section How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot.

Note:
    Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Also, you may not be able to use some programs in clean boot.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Mar 16, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Need help determining the cause of a computer crash

Computer crashing - can't determine why

Determining the cause of a crash can be frustrating because computers can crash for thousands of different reasons. Moreover, crashing is often the
    result of a problem rather than the cause of the problem.

For example, the event you highlighted is just an acknowledgement that the computer rebooted without a clean shut down - a result. It doesn't tell you
    why it happened.

The first thing to determine is what you mean by 'crash.' That term usually means that the computer suddenly stopped working and displayed a blue screen with an error code (which often starts with 0x000 ...) or an error name (that LOOK_LIKE_THIS.) Is that
    what happened to you?

If you saw a blue screen, one way to troubleshoot a crash is to look in Event Viewer for an event that has the same error code or name and that occurred at the same time as your computer crashed. That event may have enough detail to start an investigation.

There's often more than one way to troubleshoot a crash, but Event Viewer used wisely can be a good place to start.

BulldogXX, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Need help determining the cause of a computer crash

1. Need help determining the cause of a computer crash - Similar Threads - Need help determining

2. Can someone help determine the cause of my crashes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help determine the cause of my crashes?: My pc has been randomly crashing for the past couple of days. First, it would freeze and flicker black squares, while i'm playing a game. I had to force power off every time because of it. When it starts back up, sometimes my main display and/or my graphics card would be...
  3. Determine cause of crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Determine cause of crashes: Hello,I've reinstalled Windows twice recently in an attempt to fix buggy performance and crashes. Despite doing my best to ensure drivers are up to date, and anything else I can think of, my PC keeps crashing. It seems to be more when my kids are playing video games....
  4. Determine cause of crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Determine cause of crashes: Hello,I've reinstalled Windows twice recently in an attempt to fix buggy performance and crashes. Despite doing my best to ensure drivers are up to date, and anything else I can think of, my PC keeps crashing. It seems to be more when my kids are playing video games....
  5. Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error: Earlier I was just playing a not very intensive game and the screen went black then rebooted. I have some basic ideas of what it is or could be but I figured people here might be able to interpret the error better than me and my copy paste into Google.The computer has...
  6. Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error: Earlier I was just playing a not very intensive game and the screen went black then rebooted. I have some basic ideas of what it is or could be but I figured people here might be able to interpret the error better than me and my copy paste into Google.The computer has...
  7. Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows is crashing again, need help to determine the cause.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is crashing again, need help to determine the cause.: Hello, community. I am trying to determine what is wrong with my computer. It has been crashing inconsistently, but with emphasis on my GPU and possibly the heat in my apartment. About a month ago, I started hearing odd noises from my XFX RX 580 8GB GPU, which I think...
  9. Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause: Hi, as the title mentions I've been getting BSOD recently and I need help determining the cause. Here is the most recent .dmp: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtEM81s22igVnnQ3cyjLz9fd8Tst...
  10. Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause: Hi, as the title mentions I've been getting BSOD recently and I need help determining the cause. Here is the most recent .dmp: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtEM81s22igVnnQ3cyjLz9fd8Tst...