Windows 10: Need help diagnosing momentary freezes

Discus and support Need help diagnosing momentary freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am getting momentary freezes that I cannot figure out. The best way to explain it is the computer just stops randomly for a millisecond or so, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SJMaye, Jul 20, 2018.

1. SJMaye Win User

Need help diagnosing momentary freezes

I am getting momentary freezes that I cannot figure out. The best way to explain it is the computer just stops randomly for a millisecond or so, then continues. This kills me during gaming, but still annoying just perusing the web. While scrolling down a page it will stop for what is about the blink of an eye and then continue.

I have never had this happen before. The only change to the computer before this began was the installation of a VPN client. At first everything seemed to work as it did before, but now I wonder. I could live with it if I could disable the VPN and it would stop. It doesn't.

Out of frustration yesterday I did a system restore to a point before the installation of the VPN client. For some reason the restore failed, however, the problem stopped. Now, this morning I turned the VPN on again and the problem is back.

Can someone help me identify what is causing this?

:)

SJMaye, Jul 20, 2018
  2. x509 Win User

Win 10 CU (not FCU) stutters and freezes a lot with various operations

I get momentary freezes and stuttering with a range of Windows menu operations. *sarc These are the ones that are top of mind but I'm sure there are others. Win 10 Pro 64, up to date on patches.

• Xing out a FireFox tab
    • Click on FILE menu (drop down is delayed)
    • FILE > Print (printer list or print menu is delayed)
    • Selecting a higher level on the file path in the SAVE menu
    • Search menu at bottom of Windows
    • Typing in many situations.

Any suggestions? Or this this a known problem in Win 10? I've had this problem for some time, but lately it has gotten me really PO'ed.*Confused

3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 20, 2018
  4. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help diagnosing momentary freezes - Similar Threads - Need help diagnosing

2. Need some help diagnosing BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need some help diagnosing BSODs: Hello! Posting this question in regards to some issues with my computer I ran into last night. For context, I was about to go to bed and shut down my computer. It gave me an option to "Update and shut down" so I thought might as well. I closed all the apps open on my...
  3. Need Help Diagnosing Driver Issues

Need Help Diagnosing Driver Issues: Hi, I've been plagued by various BSODs. I've tried to troubleshoot them as much as I can on my own but there are persistent problems I can't figure out. After using the driver verifier I got a Driver Verifier Detected Violation BSOD... I've included the log files here,...
  4. Help diagnosing BSOD

Help diagnosing BSOD: Hello, I recently was hit with a BSOD and was hoping for some help in diagnosing the cause. I think it's a RAM/HDD issue but I'm not entirely sure. Here's the analysis from WinDbg Preview: Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP]Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address...
  5. BSOD's every other day, need help diagnosing

BSOD's every other day, need help diagnosing: Hey everyone. I have a computer that's been working great for a few years. I've been starting to get BSOD's that have been increasing in frequency over the past few months. I get one every other day now, usually page fault in non paged area and memory service exception. I...
  6. BSoD Diagnosing! Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD Diagnosing! Help!: My computer keeps BSoDing whenever I play games. In Metal Gear Solid V, I get freezes, which it normally doesn't happen, and in Civilization VI, it either freezes, and crashes, or BSoDs whenever I play after more than 30 minutes. I've gotten three different BSoDs;...
  7. Need help diagnosing a BSOD freeze - Kemp Mode Heap Corruption

Need help diagnosing a BSOD freeze - Kemp Mode Heap Corruption: Hey folks, So I was loading into Destiny 2 with a friend and, as I went to join their fireteam, had my computer lock up and BSOD. It remained in that screen for about 10 minutes until I force restarted the computer. I have the dump file...
  8. I need help diagnosing a cd-rw burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help diagnosing a cd-rw burner: Hello all, I am getting ready to burn an audio disk and my PC says need to install burner. How can I diagnose this? Before anyone asks there have been NO changes to my PC to any software or hard ware period. It burned fine until today. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  9. Momentary short freeze on drive access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Momentary short freeze on drive access: System spec Processor: Core i5 8600k (not OC) Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z370-PLUS Gaming - Intel Coffee Lake DDR4 ATX RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2666MHz DDR4 Memory (not OC) Primary Drive: 500GB Samsung Evo 970 M2 Secondary Drive: 2TB mechanical Graphics: MSI NVIDIA...
  10. Need help diagnosing BSOD Windows 10 x64

Need help diagnosing BSOD Windows 10 x64: Getting BSODs randomly. Attached dump from the latest here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aq0O0R3FXTRQ4gKTN7Eb9flNKF-j Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-diagnosing-bsod-windows-10-x64/b68a0a7a-407e-4213-8f0a-fd22a6b22fee