Windows 10: Need help diagnosing momentary freezes

Discus and support Need help diagnosing momentary freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am getting momentary freezes that I cannot figure out. The best way to explain it is the computer just stops randomly for a millisecond or so, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SJMaye, Jul 20, 2018.

1. SJMaye Win User

Need help diagnosing momentary freezes

I am getting momentary freezes that I cannot figure out. The best way to explain it is the computer just stops randomly for a millisecond or so, then continues. This kills me during gaming, but still annoying just perusing the web. While scrolling down a page it will stop for what is about the blink of an eye and then continue.

I have never had this happen before. The only change to the computer before this began was the installation of a VPN client. At first everything seemed to work as it did before, but now I wonder. I could live with it if I could disable the VPN and it would stop. It doesn't.

Out of frustration yesterday I did a system restore to a point before the installation of the VPN client. For some reason the restore failed, however, the problem stopped. Now, this morning I turned the VPN on again and the problem is back.

Can someone help me identify what is causing this?

:)

SJMaye, Jul 20, 2018
  2. x509 Win User

Win 10 CU (not FCU) stutters and freezes a lot with various operations

I get momentary freezes and stuttering with a range of Windows menu operations. *sarc These are the ones that are top of mind but I'm sure there are others. Win 10 Pro 64, up to date on patches.

• Xing out a FireFox tab
    • Click on FILE menu (drop down is delayed)
    • FILE > Print (printer list or print menu is delayed)
    • Selecting a higher level on the file path in the SAVE menu
    • Search menu at bottom of Windows
    • Typing in many situations.

Any suggestions? Or this this a known problem in Win 10? I've had this problem for some time, but lately it has gotten me really PO'ed.*Confused

3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 20, 2018
  4. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help diagnosing momentary freezes - Similar Threads - Need help diagnosing

2. BSOD need help diagnosing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD need help diagnosing: HI,my computer has been having bsod problems with the stop code of: WHEA Uncorrectable Error while i play gamesive made sure my drivers are all updated, made sure all of my hardware is seated and it still continues to crashmy mini dump shows 2 files as the...
  3. BSOD need help diagnosing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD need help diagnosing: HI,my computer has been having bsod problems with the stop code of: WHEA Uncorrectable Error while i play gamesive made sure my drivers are all updated, made sure all of my hardware is seated and it still continues to crashmy mini dump shows 2 files as the...
  4. Need Help. to diagnose this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help. to diagnose this issue: Good day,May I ask what programs I can use to diagnose this issue I encountered? Yesterday when I was exporting my edited photos in Lightroom. it suddenly shut down my PC and then reboot. but after I log in on Windows logon it shutdown again my PC then almost 2 to 3x repeat...
  5. Need Help. to diagnose this issue

Need Help. to diagnose this issue: Good day,May I ask what programs I can use to diagnose this issue I encountered? Yesterday when I was exporting my edited photos in Lightroom. it suddenly shut down my PC and then reboot. but after I log in on Windows logon it shutdown again my PC then almost 2 to 3x repeat...
  6. BSOD - need help diagnosing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - need help diagnosing: Hi, as explained I need some help diagnosing a BSOD.The issues occur usually once or twice a day, more often when I'm in the process of closing an application usually a game.I've done all windows updates and driver updates I can, I've also upgraded from Win10 to Win11 after a...
  7. BSOD - need help diagnosing

BSOD - need help diagnosing: Hi, as explained I need some help diagnosing a BSOD.The issues occur usually once or twice a day, more often when I'm in the process of closing an application usually a game.I've done all windows updates and driver updates I can, I've also upgraded from Win10 to Win11 after a...
  8. Need help diagnosing random BSODS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help diagnosing random BSODS: For a while now approx 6 months I have been getting many different kinds of blue screens. Most commonly I get BSODS with the error code system_service_exeption or irql_not_less_or_equal. These errors used to only occur when I played games and it wasn't frequently. Now, these...
  9. Need some help diagnosing BSODs

Need some help diagnosing BSODs: Hello! Posting this question in regards to some issues with my computer I ran into last night. For context, I was about to go to bed and shut down my computer. It gave me an option to "Update and shut down" so I thought might as well. I closed all the apps open on my...
  10. Need help diagnosing a BSOD freeze - Kemp Mode Heap Corruption

Need help diagnosing a BSOD freeze - Kemp Mode Heap Corruption: Hey folks, So I was loading into Destiny 2 with a friend and, as I went to join their fireteam, had my computer lock up and BSOD. It remained in that screen for about 10 minutes until I force restarted the computer. I have the dump file...