Windows 10: Need help disabling auto-brightness

Discus and support Need help disabling auto-brightness in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello ! First of all, this is the system I'm talking about: Lenovo Thinkpad T420s i7-2620m Nvidia NVS 4200m I'm not sure if it's some drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Need help disabling auto-brightness

Hello !

First of all, this is the system I'm talking about:
    Lenovo Thinkpad T420s
    i7-2620m
    Nvidia NVS 4200m

I'm not sure if it's some drivers derping or if it's Windows 10, but I get some annoying auto-brightness. If I go on some page that has a dark background, my brightness will go down. If I go on some page that has white background, my brightness will go up.

Basically, if my screen is dark, brightness goes down, and if my screen is light, my brightness goes up. Any ideas on how to disable that ?

Thanks.

:)

Marron, Sep 11, 2015

2. Windows 10-Cancel Auto Brightness

Hi,

Refer the link below about how to disable Auto brightness:

How do I disable auto brightness?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Johann Eva, Sep 11, 2015
  4. steve1711 Win User

steve1711, Sep 11, 2015
  5. Marron Win User
    Thank you man. Giving me that link, I realized that I don't have 'power manager' installed, but I do have 'power management driver' installed. That was a nice lead. I installed that and now I don't get the automatic screen dimming.
    But I still need to tweak the settings, because I get some awkward GPU activity. GPU runs without me running anything on the GPU, and that will affect battery life a lot.

Plus that there was no driver for windows 10 or 8 so I installed the driver for windows 7

Marron, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help disabling auto-brightness - Similar Threads - Need help disabling

2. Need to disable auto-select on hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to disable auto-select on hover: I just got a new Lenovo system with Windows 11 Pro. Leaving the mouse over any selectable item seems extraordinarily dangerous. After a few seconds hovering, it decides I mean to select and goes ahead. In only a couple days of use, it has happened many times, and it even...
  3. Disabled auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos: How can I disable the auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos? Every time I open photos, one or two seconds later it became darker, honestly I don't like it. I already tried to enter this command "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode...
  4. Disabled auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos: How can I disable the auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos? Every time I open photos, one or two seconds later it became darker, honestly I don't like it. I already tried to enter this command "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode...
  5. No option to disable auto brightness on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to disable auto brightness on my laptop.: I can't find any option to disable this. I've tried disabling through intel graphics and theres no option to disable through advance power settings. The only option there for display is 'turn off display after...' It can get irritating on the eyes when in a dark room. It'll...
  6. Disable The Lame Auto Brightness Feature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable The Lame Auto Brightness Feature: What the hell is it?? How come a 1500USD device doesn't have the option to turn off the **** auto brightness option?? I'm a student which cannot keep studying on that way since the autobrightness is **** harm my eyes while trying to read for a few hours every day. You...
  7. Help, brightness auto-adjusts constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, brightness auto-adjusts constantly: I have an HP envy x360, and the brightness adjusts up and down constantly, seemingly depending on the brightness of the page/background. This happens regardless of whether or not i have power saving mode enabled, and both plugged and unplugged. Even manually setting the...
  8. Auto Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Brightness: I’m using windows 10. My screen brightness changes automatically when I switch from dark and light backgrounds. I’ve tried all things of my reach like disabling power saver in intel graphics settings and also in the power plan. I remember turning this feature on , may be...
  9. Disable 10's auto-brightness adjustment capabilities?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable 10's auto-brightness adjustment capabilities?: I set my monitor to a set brightness that I want, but I sometimes see my screen dimming and brightening on its' own, even when I'm actively using my laptop. I think 10 must have some kind of auto-brightness adjustment capability, that detects lighting conditions around me and...
  10. need help disabling windows 10 auto repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    need help disabling windows 10 auto repair: I know I can disable it using command prompt but ive locked down my drive so I cant use that way is there anyway to disable auto repair using a registry editor please help *Sad 99854