Windows 10: Need help. Do I go wireless or wired for desktop gaming

Discus and support Need help. Do I go wireless or wired for desktop gaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok, My wife is taking the spare room where my Desktop PC is currently and the modem I am hooked up to. And I am moving my rig in the basement to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ern88, Jun 22, 2018.

1. ern88 Win User

Need help. Do I go wireless or wired for desktop gaming

Ok, My wife is taking the spare room where my Desktop PC is currently and the modem I am hooked up to. And I am moving my rig in the basement to the opposite side of the house which will be about 46 ft away from the modem. So, should I go wireless? I was thinking on buying the ASUS USB-AC68 wireless modem, Or buy 100 ft of CAT6 cable and stay wired? Which would be cheaper. Will I get signal degradation by running such a long lead? Any help and feedback would be nice. Thank you *Smile

:)

ern88, Jun 22, 2018

2. Wireless laptop - wired desktop - internet

I'd recommend a wireless router. Plug the desktop into the router via wired cable. Plug your Internet device into the router. And then the laptop will have wireless Internet access.

Most desktops have wired integrated. Most laptops have wireless integrated. All you should need is a router and maybe some cables. Wireless routers start around $50 USD.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 22, 2018
  3. Windows update on wired desktop disables wireless

I have a Windows 10 desktop on a wired connection in my home network.

Following the forced update KB3211320 yesterday, 1/25/17, none of the wireless devices I use on my home network have access to the internet. This includes a Windows 10 laptop and a couple of Android devices. If I power down the wired desktop that received
    the update, all the wireless devices return to working as normal. All of my wired devices on this network appear to be unaffected.

Any suggestions where I should start looking? Nothing changed other than this update.

RobertFogtop, Jun 22, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Wired or wireless?

RC is going to suggest you grab an expensive amped wireless AP.

i suggest something cheap, my preferred brand is TP link.

Mussels, Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help. Do I go wireless or wired for desktop gaming - Similar Threads - Need help wireless

2. i need help to fix wireless wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help to fix wireless wifi: i am currently using wifi with ethernet cable but the wireless wifi isnt working i have an wifi 6 ax201 and it has a hazard sign next to it i tried installing new drivers and it hasnt done anything please someone help thank you...
  3. go from a wireless to wired on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    go from a wireless to wired on windows 10: go from a wireless to wired on a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-from-a-wireless-to-wired-on-windows-10/c1edf395-8bb7-42cb-a5f0-043a9ed81e5c
  4. go from a wireless to wired on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    go from a wireless to wired on windows 10: go from a wireless to wired on a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-from-a-wireless-to-wired-on-windows-10/c1edf395-8bb7-42cb-a5f0-043a9ed81e5c
  5. go from a wireless to wired on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Wired and Wireless Mice going to a projector and desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired and Wireless Mice going to a projector and desktop: I have a desktop that can display one thing on the monitor and another on a projector screen. I purchased a wireless mouse and keyboard for the projector to use during my lessons. Is it possible to have the wireless mouse and keyboard work on the projector and the wired...
  7. Need help windows is being wired

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help windows is being wired: Windows is telling [ we need to fix your Microsoft account (most likely your password changed) ] but the problem is that I didn't change my password. Idk what I should do. submitted by /u/xxxsadboy [link] [comments]...
  8. Need to transfer files from Wired Desktop to Wireless Laptop

Need to transfer files from Wired Desktop to Wireless Laptop: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. This is the setup I have connected at the moment, Dell Optiplex 790 connected to my AV Receiver via 3.5mm to RCA (audio), connected to my TV via VGA Cable and connected to router via ethernet running Windows 10 Home Premium. Also running a...
  9. wired to wireless connect

wired to wireless connect: currently I have two ISPs. one that I've connected to "internet" via ethernet wire. I have a second ISP that I can connect to wirelessly. How do I change from the current wired connection to the wireless connection, Win 10 64....
  10. microsoft wired wireless optical desktop receiver2.1 mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft wired wireless optical desktop receiver2.1 mouse: why is my mouse not working whilst the laptop states that it is installed properly and in working order? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wired-wireless-optical-desktop/c9465dd6-db6c-451c-86c2-e93d53e27e81