Windows 10: Need help doing a clean install on a new PC

Discus and support Need help doing a clean install on a new PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, first of all i want to clarify that my english is not perfect, im from Argentina and im still learning. I have a problem when i try to install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sekter23, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Need help doing a clean install on a new PC

Hi, first of all i want to clarify that my english is not perfect, im from Argentina and im still learning.

I have a problem when i try to install the OS in my new PC, when i turn it on it shows the logo and the text correctly (press F2, F6, etc). When i put in the USB and try to run it, it shows a black screen for a few seconds only to turn into a blue with horizontal black lines or a orange with white lines one. If i press start it changes for a few seconds and if i press esc goes back to the start, wich make my think that the instalation is actually running and that there is a graphic problem. However, im still not entirely sure.

I have an Asrock X370m-HDV and a GPU AMD 5500 xt

I've seen people have this same issue specially in laptops that have Bitlocker, but like i said, both of the drives are brand new, and its the first day i turn on this PC. First i tought it was the pendrive, but i changed it and nothing, then i tried taking off the GPU and it dosen't even gave video (on the VGA motherboard port), so im desperate, and i really apreciate the help because i need this not only to play with friends but also to work.

Again, sorry for my awful english, i hope you can help me.

submitted by /u/Sekter23
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sekter23, Jun 17, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 17, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Need help doing a clean install on a new PC

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Need help doing a clean install on a new PC

1. Need help doing a clean install on a new PC - Similar Threads - Need help doing

2. NEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE: I am trying to do with clean install of Windows from a USB drive where I use the media creation tool. In reading through the posts, I deleted all the partitions when it asked where I wanted to install windows. Now the only two partitions left say windows can't be installed in...
  3. NEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE: I am trying to do with clean install of Windows from a USB drive where I use the media creation tool. In reading through the posts, I deleted all the partitions when it asked where I wanted to install windows. Now the only two partitions left say windows can't be installed in...
  4. Need help new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help new pc: Got a new pc for my birthday. Its windows 10 and all seems to be fine except I can't connect ro the Wi-fi after hours of trying differnt ways it just won't work. I'm on a WPA2 personal router btw but it keeps telling me that it's unable to connect and that "the WiFi network...
  5. Need help installing Windows 10 on new PC

Need help installing Windows 10 on new PC: Hey guys, i just built my first pc and am excited to use it. I cannot get a windows installation drive to work though. The only other computers I have are a macbook pro and a chromebook which has made making an efficient installation drive impossible. The closest I got was...
  6. [HELP] Need to clean install windows

[HELP] Need to clean install windows: Hi all, I got new laptop where windows 10 is activated. Now I want clean install windows 10. Without losing windows 10 activation how can I do this ? Also wanted to complete wipe c drive data and keep other drive data as it is? Please guide me submitted by /u/Santhire55...
  7. need help with new pc

need help with new pc: i recently bought a new pc, booted it up and it had 2 different accounts, i was fine and ive been able to use it perfectly fine. the other account however is the admin account that i dont have the password to. is there any way to access/ get rid of this account without...
  8. Need help doing a clean windows 10 install on a infected pc.

Need help doing a clean windows 10 install on a infected pc.: Long story short my modem got a DNS virus thanks to my ISP and now my computer is lagging like crazy and my internet connection is really bad. I was thinking about formating my computer to get rid of any viruses that got into it but here is the problem i only have this pc so...
  9. Doing a new Clean install..

Doing a new Clean install..: I'm about to do a clean install of Win10 again once I get my new SSD in the mail. I already have a image of the installation on a DVD from back when Win10 was just being available. Should I make an updated image from the media creation tool or is my old image ok to use?...
  10. Help with clean install on new SSDrive

Help with clean install on new SSDrive: Hi, I ask for advice on a clean install of Windows 10. I have recently upgraded from 7 to 10 - all ok but now Wish to stop using the existing hard drive (HDD) for 32 bit Windows 10 and instead install a new solid state drive (SSD) and load windows 10 64 bit onto that...