Windows 10: NEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE

Discus and support NEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to do with clean install of Windows from a USB drive where I use the media creation tool. In reading through the posts, I deleted all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sparklinbluiz, Jan 30, 2023.

1. NEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE

I am trying to do with clean install of Windows from a USB drive where I use the media creation tool. In reading through the posts, I deleted all the partitions when it asked where I wanted to install windows. Now the only two partitions left say windows can't be installed in that partition. It also doesn't allow me to create a new partition. Can anyone please help? There is nothing on the computer that I want to save I just need a clean install of Windows 10. The product key should already be stored in the computer.The two partitions that are left areNEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE :Drive 0 partition 1: system reserved, 50.

:)

sparklinbluiz, Jan 30, 2023
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 30, 2023
  4. NEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE

trying to install 7 w/o optical drive or USB drive (do have an external hdd)

This method is going to be trial/error on my part but here's my stab at it:

Use the guide he linked. Substitute in step 4, DO NOT FORMAT. Pre-format the hard drive with another PC/current windows install in NTFS format, then create 2 partitions. 1 to install from and one to install to. So in step 4 I beleive all you would have to do is a "clean" "select partition XX" & "active" command.

In step 5, use virtual CD/DVD software.

EDIT:

The only problem I see with above is how are you going to install while booting? Meaning, for it to boot wouldn't you have to be external but yet must install to an internal drive?

JrRacinFan, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

NEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE

1. NEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE - Similar Threads - NEED HELP DOING

2. NEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE: I am trying to do with clean install of Windows from a USB drive where I use the media creation tool. In reading through the posts, I deleted all the partitions when it asked where I wanted to install windows. Now the only two partitions left say windows can't be installed in...
  3. NEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NEED HELP DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS FROM A USB DRIVE: I am trying to do with clean install of Windows from a USB drive where I use the media creation tool. In reading through the posts, I deleted all the partitions when it asked where I wanted to install windows. Now the only two partitions left say windows can't be installed in...
  4. [HELP] Need to clean install windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Need to clean install windows: Hi all, I got new laptop where windows 10 is activated. Now I want clean install windows 10. Without losing windows 10 activation how can I do this ? Also wanted to complete wipe c drive data and keep other drive data as it is? Please guide me submitted by /u/Santhire55...
  5. Need Help with Clean Windows 10 Installation

Need Help with Clean Windows 10 Installation: My PC's OS (Windows 10, 64-bit) is not booting and it was recommended that I download the Windows 10 Disc Image ISO. Following the link on this subreddit, I was able to follow the instructions and download the ISO, but it can't seem to transfer it to a USB, even though the...
  6. Need help doing a clean install on a new PC

Need help doing a clean install on a new PC: Hi, first of all i want to clarify that my english is not perfect, im from Argentina and im still learning. I have a problem when i try to install the OS in my new PC, when i turn it on it shows the logo and the text correctly (press F2, F6, etc). When i put in the USB and...
  7. Help needed to install Windows from usb

Help needed to install Windows from usb: Ok so I deleted all my partitions and have one drive 0 unallocated space with 931.gb. when I try to install windows it says "We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Here's more info about what happened 0x080300002". Idk what to...
  8. Need help in clean installation of windows 10

Need help in clean installation of windows 10: My computer came with Windows 8.1 (64-bit) and then did upgrade to windows 10 Recently wanted to do the clean installation of windows 10 so downloaded the windows 10 from microsoft and created iso file of it. while clean installation process found this Name Total Size Free...
  9. Clean install from usb help

Clean install from usb help: I have purchased Windows 10 home to do a clean install. I am able to boot from the usb and select custom for a clean install and seems to be setting up ok but when it get to the end it wants to go through the whole set up again. Can anybody help please? 87696
  10. Need help with a clean Windows 10 install

Need help with a clean Windows 10 install: After using a Microsoft account to login to Windows, then deciding to switch to a local profile, and giving myself Admin privileges, my Windows permissions are so messed up I've decided to start with a clean install. I tried reinstalling Windows hoping to fix some of these...