Windows 10: Need help Dual booting Windows 10 and WinPE via script

Discus and support Need help Dual booting Windows 10 and WinPE via script in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I am trying to dual boot Windows 10 and WinPE, but have it all setup through an automated process using a Batch script. This is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThoughT, Jul 26, 2017.

1. ThoughT Win User

Need help Dual booting Windows 10 and WinPE via script

Hi all,

I am trying to dual boot Windows 10 and WinPE, but have it all setup through an automated process using a Batch script.

This is my diskpart script:
    Code: select disk 0 clean convert GPT rem === 1. Create the EFI system partition === create partition EFI size=200 format quick fs=fat32 label=EFI assign letter=S rem === 2. Create the Microsoft reserved partition === create partition MSR size=128 rem === 3. Create the Windows PE partition === rem (The partition size is set to 400 MB, though a smaller partition size may be used.) create partition primary size=20000 format quick fs=ntfs label=WinPE assign letter=C rem === 4. Create a Windows or data partition === rem (This partition fills the rest of the disk.) create partition primary format quick fs=ntfs label=Windows assign letter=W set id="de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac" list vol exit[/quote] This is my Batch Script so far:
    Code: @ECHO ON START /WAIT DISKPART.exe /S DiskpartHope.txt xcopy D:\EFI\* S:\EFI\* /cherkyfs xcopy D:\sources\* C:\sources\* /cherkyfs copy D:\boot\boot.sdi C:\sources\ copy D:\windows\boot\EFI\*.efi S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\* del S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD /f bcdedit -createstore S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -create {bootmgr} /d "Boot Manager" bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -create {globalsettings} /d "globalsettings" bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -create {dbgsettings} /d "debugsettings" bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -create {ramdiskoptions} /d "ramdiskoptions" bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -create /d "Windows PE" -application osloader>GUID.txt REM Assign GUID to Variable NEWGUID For /F "tokens=2 delims={}" %%i in (GUID.txt) do (set newguid=%%i) bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD /default {%newguid%} bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {bootmgr} device partition=s: bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {bootmgr} path \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {bootmgr} locale en-us bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {bootmgr} timeout 5 bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {Default} device ramdisk=[C:]\sources\boot.wim,{ramdiskoptions} bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {Default} path \windows\system32\winload.efi bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {Default} osdevice ramdisk=[C:]\sources\boot.wim,{ramdiskoptions} bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {Default} systemroot \windows bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {Default} winpe yes bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {Default} nx optin bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {Default} detecthal yes bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -displayorder {Default} -addfirst bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {dbgsettings} debugtype Serial bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {dbgsettings} debugport 1 bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {dbgsettings} baudrate 115200 bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {ramdiskoptions} ramdisksdidevice partition=C: bcdedit -store S:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -set {ramdiskoptions} ramdisksdipath \sources\boot.sdi XCOPY "%CD%\ImageBackup\Install.wim" "C:\" REM DISM /apply-image /imagefile:"%CD%\ImageBackup\Install.wim" /index:1 /ApplyDir:W:\ REM bcdboot.exe w:\windows /s s: /f all pause exit[/quote] So I set up the actual winpe partition and created it's boot store before applying any wims and this works. The problem is, it boots me into WinPE as the default image. It's remarked off, but if I apply the image at the end and run bcdboot, it will default to Windows but the sysprepped first boot fails. Also I have no idea how to get back to my WinPE again. I have to find a way to setup dual boot at this point. I think I need to continue to use a few bcdedit commands to set up both boot items, but I am not sure. Any help with this would be very appreciated.

:)

ThoughT, Jul 26, 2017

2. Force load MS Generic SD Card Reader Drivers in WinPE

Hi, hoping someone can help.

I boot into WinPE from a USB Flash drive (the device is installed with Windows 10 Pro) with no issues, however I need to access an SD Card while in the WinPE Environment for various reasons. WinPE does not load the required driver to access the SD Card,
    now I know that by using DRVLOAD.exe I can 'force' load drivers, but, the driver I require is a standard MS Generic one.

According to Device Manager (when booted into Windows 10) the driver required is disk.sys .. loaded from disk.inf found in System32\DriverStore\FileRepository in the folder disk.inf_amd64_879a35d65b2a8a7d .. I have copied this folder onto my USB WinPE boot
    drive, booted into WinPE and executed the command DRVLOAD.EXE XX\DRIVERS\SD\DISK.INF (where xx is the drive letter of the USB flash drive) and I get the message that the driver has been successfully loaded ... but .. I still cannot access the SD Card, the
    card does not even show up in DISKPART.

Am I missing something obvious here?

I have two other devices, one that requires the Realtek SD Card driver to be loaded via DRVLOAD.exe, and another that does not use UEFI booting and uses the MS generic drivers that load upon boot .. both recognize and allow access to the SD Card when running
    in WinPE.

Is it something to do with the UEFI secure boot (even though one of other devices is UEFI and I can still force load the Realtek SD driver and gain access to the card)

Really frustrating me so any assistance would be really appreciated.

ColinJMarschall, Jul 26, 2017
  3. How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Other Versions of Windows, macOS and Linux

Well dual boot as windows is concerned as you might have already know is the running of more than one version of Windows on the same Pc. To do this, you will need to create a new space for the new version you want to install via disk management and choose
    custom installation when the installation process starts. This post on dual boot of Windows 10 with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 might be of great help. http://www.rasaqtech.com/2016/01/dual-boot-windows-10-with-windows7-or-windows8.1.html

rasaqdamilola, Jul 26, 2017
Thema:

Need help Dual booting Windows 10 and WinPE via script

1. Need help Dual booting Windows 10 and WinPE via script - Similar Threads - Need help Dual

2. i need help dual booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i need help dual booting: i have been trying to dual boot windows 10 and windows 10 i dont know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-dual-booting/0aef49c9-237c-4845-91d6-710ee0a818b9
  3. i need help dual booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help dual booting: i have been trying to dual boot windows 10 and windows 10 i dont know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-dual-booting/0aef49c9-237c-4845-91d6-710ee0a818b9
  4. i need help dual booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dual boot issue. URGENTLY NEED HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot issue. URGENTLY NEED HELP!!!: I was installing Kali Linux for dual boot and I also have Win 10 on my SSD.While i was installing Kali i just misscliked and encrypted my SSD with Windows 10 on it. Now i can’t boot into system and BIOS don’t see my SSD. Because it’s encrypted.Please I need your help i don’t...
  6. Need help in Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help in Dual Boot: I have a PC with 2 SSD and an NVMe . I have Windows 10 installed on NVMe And have a free SSD and I want to install Linux ( OpenSUSE ) on a free SSD . I want to Setup dual boot on it but I have no idea how to do it and I doubt that it is possible via NVMe and SSD pathway . If...
  7. Revert dual boot/GRUB - help needed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert dual boot/GRUB - help needed: Hi. At the outset, I am new to dual boot so it is likely I have made some mistakes here. Please bear with me. I have an Ideapad with preinstalled Windows 10 and UEFI. I installed Ubuntu in a separate partition and installed the boot loader to the EFI partition. All worked...
  8. Need help booting via USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help booting via USB: Can anyone help me? I was stuck in an Automatic Repair Booting loop in Windows 10. So I tried using a Windows 10 usb to boot. It did boot but it did not fix my problem. I tried command prompt but nothing happened, I always returned to Automatic Startup. If its any information...
  9. Help needed, removing/merging dual boot

Help needed, removing/merging dual boot: Hi I have a system with dual boot, as you can see I have 3 partitions on disk 0: vista, win10, and factory image. I have already removed the boot menu in msconfig and set win10 as default, but now I'm faced with the issue that the unwanted partition is the system partition...
  10. Need help dual-booting Windows 10 with Windows 7

Need help dual-booting Windows 10 with Windows 7: Hi, I would like to dual-boot Windows 10 alongside with Windows 7. I am currently running Windows 7 with Ubuntu and PhoenixOS. Now I am planning to replace PhoenixOS (which is taking 20GB separate partition) with Windows 10. So I need help to get windows 10 installed with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual boot win10 and winpe

2. windows 10 dual boot script