Windows 10: Need help eliminating weather malware on my computer terminal

Discus and support Need help eliminating weather malware on my computer terminal in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After booting into my workstation today, I observed some drivel on my taskbar. I noted it dead on because of the poor quality of text and portion of it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobHend, Jun 10, 2021.

1. RobHend Win User

Need help eliminating weather malware on my computer terminal

After booting into my workstation today, I observed some drivel on my taskbar. I noted it dead on because of the poor quality of text and portion of it is cut off. Right clicking I was given the option to turn it off. As I experimented with it further, I observed the options are still listed in the context menu. I went onward and looked inside program and features. I was dumbfounded to discover nothing listed in there for this malware. I turned it on back and found the process called Feeds in Task Manager. It appears to be hiding in Microsoft's systems folder and using about 650 megabytes of m

:)

RobHend, Jun 10, 2021

2. Weather and Calendar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when thing don't work the way it should.

What happens when you try to change the Weather Settings?

I suggest you to go to Weather Settings and changes the Weather Settings from Fahrenheit to Celsius and check. If it doesn't change, I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Please reply with the results. I will be glad to help you with further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 10, 2021
  3. MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Since you already completed the troubleshooting provided and it did not resolve the concern with the live tile of the MSN Weather app not updating, we suggest that you reset the MSN Weather app by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app and then select System from the list of options shown.
    • Under the System options menu, select the option on the left-hand panel labeled
      Apps & features.
    • Under Apps & features, scroll down through the list of apps installed on your computer and locate the
      Weather app.
    • Select the Weather app and then click on the link "Advanced options".
    • Once you have the "Advanced options" menu open, click on the button labeled "Reset".
    • Once you click on the "Reset" button another prompt will show up notifying you if you would like to complete the reset. Just click on the "Reset" button to complete the process.

Once you complete the steps provided, we suggest that you restart the computer first before you proceed to set up the MSN Weather app again and also verify if the live tile will update properly or not. If the steps still do not resolve your concern we suggest
    that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to provide feedback from within the app and provide as much detail as you can to resolve the concern. Refer to the section in the article labeled "Send ideas for improving the app" for the steps to submit your feedback.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

What applet provides the weather info displayed on the lock screen?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the Steps to set your default location and check if that helps.

1. Type Weather on search and click on setting (Gear icon)

2. Select your location and set as default.

Follow the Steps to set Weather app in lock screen.

• Type Lock screen setting in Search.
    • Under Choose an app to show the detailed status.
    • Select Weather; restart your computer

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Need help eliminating weather malware on my computer terminal - Similar Threads - Need help eliminating

2. I need help with malware removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with malware removal: I have a trojan/Spyware on my laptop. I found it by accident when I was doing a clean up with glary utilities. I'd have never found it bc the Trojan is hidden and hides itself in a Sys file. Now I did a factory reset and just saw it's still there. I got an hp laptop.i ran now...
  3. Need help with virus/malware removal

Need help with virus/malware removal: Seems I've picked up a virus/malware when visiting a webpage yesterday. Mcafee warned me but went anyway, bad decision. Ran several scans afterwards but Mcafee doesn't pick up anything. Windows 10 starts and runs slow and browsing is also slow. Any help is greatly...
  4. My computer hung up this morning with ‘root kit’ malware. Need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer hung up this morning with ‘root kit’ malware. Need help: My computer has hung up with malware this morning. Need help to resolve. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-hung-up-this-morning-with-root-kit/3e5c527b-56bf-40a8-aedf-9f7eb1d5ff93
  5. My computer hung up this morning with ‘root kit’ malware. Need help

My computer hung up this morning with ‘root kit’ malware. Need help: My computer has hung up with malware this morning. Need help to resolve. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-hung-up-this-morning-with-root-kit/3e5c527b-56bf-40a8-aedf-9f7eb1d5ff93
  6. can i eliminate the need for the pin to open my new computer?

can i eliminate the need for the pin to open my new computer?: Can I eliminate the need for the pin to open my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-eliminate-the-need-for-the-pin-to-open-my/fc1b7ff3-6a2b-4e71-9d7e-ddc08b59bf67
  7. can i eliminate the need for the pin to open my new computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can i eliminate the need for the pin to open my new computer?: Can I eliminate the need for the pin to open my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-eliminate-the-need-for-the-pin-to-open-my/fc1b7ff3-6a2b-4e71-9d7e-ddc08b59bf67
  8. Eliminate weather icon in the tray bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Eliminate weather icon in the tray bar: Good morning. With the last update (19043.1052), the weather icon appeared in the tray bar, I ask if you hesitate a registry key. Thank you 180765
  9. Suspected malware. Need help asap!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspected malware. Need help asap!: Hi, I'm Aditya Mishra. I've been getting this pop-up lately https://ibb.co/jrK3y5j which has become quite frequent. Though the path it shows doesn't exist, there are times when a blue PowerShell window appears in the left for about 2 seconds. And Yesterday, there were a few...
  10. Suspected malware. Need help asap!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspected malware. Need help asap!: Hi, I'm Aditya Mishra. I've been getting this pop-up lately https://ibb.co/jrK3y5jwhich has become quite frequent. Though the path it shows doesn't exist, there are times when a blue PowerShell window appears in the left for about 2 seconds. And Yesterday, there were a few...