Windows 10: NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem

Discus and support NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am using EXCEL, and having this problem, which I think, tricky but easy to understand: Column A and Column C both contain INPUTS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HussainAlqatari, Jun 16, 2020.

1. NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem

Hello everyone,

I am using EXCEL, and having this problem, which I think, tricky but easy to understand:

Column A and Column C both contain INPUTS (all are numbers).

Column B should contain OUTPUTS. (Which is the problem).

The problem in words: Look at Column A, Find the greatest number which is less than or equal to the least number in Column C. Once you find that, return 1 in Column B.

Again, Look at Column A, Find the greatest number which is less than or equal to the second least number in Column C.
    Once you find that, return 1 in Column B.

Again, Look at Column A, Find the greatest number which is less than or equal to the third least number in Column C.
    Once you find that, return 1 in Column B.

And so on,

Return 0 in Column B for other cells

See the following example:

INPUTS:

NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem qLQSwCz.png

OUTPUTS:

NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem CdVFPZz.png

The 1 beside 5 because 5 is the greatest number in Column A (which is less than or equal to 7, which is the smallest number in Column C)

The 1 beside 11 because 11 is the greatest number in Column A (which is less than or equal to 12, which is the second smallest number in Column C)

The 1 beside 11 because 11 is the greatest number in Column A (which is less than or equal to 19, which is the third smallest number in Column C) (This happened earlier with 12)

The 1 beside 20 because 20 is the greatest number in Column A (which is less than or equal to 20, which is the fourth smallest number in Column C)

The 1 beside 89 because 89 is the greatest number in Column A (which is less than or equal to 100, which is the fifth smallest number in Column C)

-------------------------------

* INPUTS should not be changed or sorted.

* Column A has no duplicate numbers.

* Column C has no duplicate numbers.

* The OUTPUTS are typed manually for illustration.

--------------------------------

I tried to combine the following functions; AND(), IF(), COUNT(), SMALL() ,,, but did not work *Sad

Can one use those function, or others, to solve this problem? I believe, but not sure, it is possible with only these functions.

--------------------------------

Sorry for my poor English (I am Arabic). If my way of explaining my problem is not clear, then please ask me to clarify more. If you understood it, but could not solve it, then it would be really appreciated if you re-phrase it, so other members may help me. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

:)

HussainAlqatari, Jun 16, 2020
  2. BrooksyX Win User

Help with Excel VBA Problem?

Can someone help me code the following VBA problem:

"Assume you have a mailing list file. This file is currently the active workbook, and the active worksheet of this book has full name in coloumn starting in cell A1, with the last name last and everything in uppercase letters (such as STEPHEN E. LEE). Write a sub that counts the number of names in the list with last name LEE and then displays the count in a MsgBox. Not that there might be last names such as KLEE, which should not be counted."

Thanks!

BrooksyX, Jun 16, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jun 16, 2020
  4. ddelo Win User

NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem

Export All Administrative Events to Excel

To analyze events, from the Windows Event Viewer, there is a simple way to export all Administrative Events to Excel, with PowerShell.

Exporting all Administrative Events to Excel is a simple two Step process, as described here:

Step 1 - Create the Administrative Events View .xml file
    1. Open Eventviewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc)
    2. Navigate to: Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events
    3. In the “Actions” pane select “Filter Current Custom View”.
    4. Select the the XML tab.
    5. Press Ctrl+A to select all the XML code of the Custom View.
    6. Open a notepad, paste the selected code and save the file to your Desktop as AdmEvtView.xml

Step 2 - Create the csv file with the events
    1. Download the ExportEvtCSV.zip file, which contains the script ExportEvtCSV.ps1 and unzip it, on your Desktop.
      It's not a fancy script, just basic PowerShell commands to create a csv file on the Desktop.
    2. In Windows Search, type “ISE” (without the quotes) to open “Windows PowerShell ISE” and Run as administrator
    3. To allow running the script, change the ExecutionPolicy, for this session. To do that, in the Console pane type:
      Code:
    4. In the Windows PowerShell ISE, open and run the script: ExportEvtCSV.ps1
      The script will create a csv file with a name YYYYMMDD.HHMM.csv on the Desktop
    5. When done, open the newly created .csv file, format the columns as needed and optionally save it as .xlsx, if you wish.
    That’s it! You now have all the Administrative Events in Excel for filtering and further analysis. NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem :)

Now to the more technical hard stuff... *Confused

There is a reason for running the script from within PowerShell ISE!

It would be great if everything was also working perfectly, when running the script from an elevated PowerShell too.

We can run it from an elevated PowerShell, which means that you just follow the Step 1, as above but for the Step 2 instead of the ISE you run the script from an elevated PowerShell.

The problem is that it will work only for anybody who has en-US format for the dates. Everyone else, who has another format (i.e. en-GB, fr-FR, el-GR etc.), the dates are not translated properly by Excel (although the script uses the –UseCulture switch) and remain as text in the en-US format.

I'm not sure if this a bug of the "export-csv" cmdlet, but although it runs the way it supposed to from within the ISE, from PowerShell there is a problem with the dates format.
    As I haven’t found a way to overcome this obstacle, any suggestion from the PowerShell gurus of the forum (like my good friend Shawn @Brink, for instance), is welcome.

ddelo, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem

1. NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem - Similar Threads - NEED HELP Excel

2. Need help with Excel file that is corrupt. ASAP Plesae

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Excel file that is corrupt. ASAP Plesae: i have a file that is extremely important to get back into and i am getting a corruption error. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-excel-file-that-is-corrupt-asap/9621d953-b101-4d1d-9823-b6012a4afaea
  3. Help needed with Excel Attendance Sheet

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Help needed with Excel Attendance Sheet: So I have this attendance sheet, with this formula for the days of the month, based on this CONFIG sheet, but id like to make the MONTH cell a drop down list, that would change the formula in F16 based on the selected month in the list. [img] ALSO And this seems a bit...
  4. Help needed with Excel Chart

Help needed with Excel Chart: i can draw Excel Chart in Figure 1, but i want to add red circles to Excel Chart like shown in Fig 2 which i dont know how to do??????? [img] [img] 175569
  5. Tricky one!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tricky one!: Problem: Hello, this is an easy question. Yesterday i logged in on my windows with my microsoft account and i though that if i log in using microsoft i will get all the services e.g. Cortona, xbox, Office demo ETC. but i didn't get anything. Do i need something?...
  6. NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem

NEED HELP!: Excel tricky problem: Hello everyone, I am using EXCEL, and having this problem, which I think, tricky but easy to understand: Column A and Column C both contain INPUTS (all are numbers). Column B should contain OUTPUTS. (Which is the problem). The problem in words: Look at Column A, Find the...
  7. Microsoft excel, word and PowerPoint need help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft excel, word and PowerPoint need help?: I just bought my first laptop and when I opened my excel or word it asked me to agree to a license agreement do I have to purchase or subscribe to Microsoft word and all other services or is it free and I just need to accept the license agreement and then I could use it for...
  8. Need help in finding the tricky folder with no folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help in finding the tricky folder with no folder name: I've a folder which have name with 5 characters. I'm not able to find which font or which language it was. If i'm trying to access from power shell, it's showing ????? or 5 boxes. I've screenshots from power shell also. I've tried google translator also by pasting the hidden...
  9. VERY tricky one

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VERY tricky one: I got help here recently, and I hope the kind people on this site can help me again. I bought a used computer with Windows 10 a couple of months ago. It's an HP 8100 Elite SFF. The HDD is 320 GB. It only had 4 GB RAM, so I added another 8. Well. The computer - and I have...
  10. Tricky problem - Uniting Dual Boot into one OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tricky problem - Uniting Dual Boot into one OS: I had Window 7 installed on an SSD (call it A). I also have an HDD. I used to install some of the softwares on C: drive (the OS drive, A) and some on the HDD drive. I bought a new, bigger, SSD (call it B) and installed Window 10 on it (fresh install). I now want to...