Windows 10: need help factory resetting my pc

Discus and support need help factory resetting my pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Earlier today, i decided to reset my pc. I it go for an hour. I noticed it was stuck on 35% but the circle was still spinning. i shut my pc down and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PlasticBiscotti9, Jul 24, 2020.

1. need help factory resetting my pc

Earlier today, i decided to reset my pc. I it go for an hour. I noticed it was stuck on 35% but the circle was still spinning. i shut my pc down and then tried to reset it again,. when i tried, it said problem resetting yourpc, no changes made. Anyone have any ideas on how to let me reset my PC?

edit: i also just noticed that some of my programs do not work and it says that the shortcut had a problem.

submitted by /u/PlasticBiscotti9
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PlasticBiscotti9, Jul 24, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 26, 2020
  3. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 26, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

need help factory resetting my pc

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

need help factory resetting my pc

1. need help factory resetting my pc - Similar Threads - need help factory

2. Factory Reset PC Tower Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset PC Tower Help: I have an HP gaming tower that I like to use for most things; it serves me well. Connected to it is an Acer monitor that has great graphics but displays “Input Not Supported” when the computer restarts. After a few minutes, the screen will eventually connect and send me into...
  3. need help with resetting my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help with resetting my PC: i checked in the setting for the things needed to reset and i found that i need a external usb drive and a bitlocker recovery key, i checked my account for the recovery key and it says that bitlocker is off so for the installation media should i choose upgrade this pc or...
  4. need help with reseting my PC

need help with reseting my PC: i checked in the settings for the things needed to reset and i found that i need a external usb drive and a bitlocker recovery key, i checked my account for the recovery key and it says that bitlocker is off so for the installation media should i choose upgrade this pc or...
  5. Need help with factory reset of a used windows 10 PC.

Need help with factory reset of a used windows 10 PC.: I picked up a used Windows 10 PC, however, there are two accounts on it that are password protected. I do not want to log in to these accounts, I want to delete them and factory reset windows. And as an added bonus difficulty to everything, the dang thing is all in German....
  6. Resetting my pc (help needed)

Resetting my pc (help needed): Hello all, basically I’ve looked up pc resetting and what each feature does. I’m just a little confused on when it says reset pc and keep personal files, what are these personal files. Are those files like my progress and cosmetic items in steam or origin let’s say. Also...
  7. Need help resetting pc to factory

Need help resetting pc to factory: I’m selling it and it says couldn’t reset nothing was changed no error code submitted by /u/imnotafuckboidrip [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkmg3p/need_help_resetting_pc_to_factory/
  8. My PC factory reset for no reason. HELP?

My PC factory reset for no reason. HELP?: I restarted my pc and it reset to what I think is factory settings my apps were there and same with files but my settings within the apps were reset and my wallpaper, desktop icons were default. I'm resisting now because I would prefer to have a clean pc then a glitchy one....
  9. Resetting My Pc But Need Help

Resetting My Pc But Need Help: Hi There I Am Nirav.I Am Having A Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Os In My PC I Have Purchased Windows 10 Pro Key From Local Market And I Registered That Key To My PC Under Setting -->Update & Security -->Activation . It's Almost 8 To 9 Months That I Have Purchased This It's Working...
  10. Need help to factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help to factory reset: Hi my laptop today for some random reason crashed. When i try to turn it back on it constantly gives me the blue screen error message. When i try to factory reset it, it gives me a message saying not enough storage space. I've tried every single reset option none of them...