Windows 10: need help fallout 3 missing xlive.dlls in windows 10

Discus and support need help fallout 3 missing xlive.dlls in windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; error ordinal 43 not found in dynamic link library. C:\windows\system32\xlive.dll need a step by step walk through to print out. THANKS for any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdrianMulkey, Oct 27, 2020.

1. need help fallout 3 missing xlive.dlls in windows 10

error ordinal 43 not found in dynamic link library. C:\windows\system32\xlive.dll

need a step by step walk through to print out. THANKS for any help!

:)

AdrianMulkey, Oct 27, 2020
  2. EOD2007 Win User

fallout 3 for windows 10

I am currently having issues running Fallout 3 GOTY edition on steam on windows 10 however, mine doesn't crash on the launch menu, it crashes randomly in game, and it has become more persistent the last week or two. I have tried compatibility mode and cannot
    seem to find this .DLL file that people are deleting to make it work. If you have an idea I am up to try it!

I love Windows 10, and I am really loving Fallout 3, so I really hope we can get the two to play nicely together. Thank you for any help you can offer.

EOD2007, Oct 27, 2020
  3. running Fallout 3 from disk on windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• What happens when the disk is inserted?
    • Do you receive any error message\code?
    You may refer to the suggestions by BossDweebe in the following thread and check
    if it helps.

Fallout 3 not running on win10

Fallout 3 not running on win10

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 27, 2020
  4. trevader Win User

need help fallout 3 missing xlive.dlls in windows 10

fallout 3 for windows 10

I've tried compatibility mode before, and it didn't work. this time, unfortunately, was no exception. I've tried all compatibility packs and this error persists: "the procedure entry point SfmDxGetSwapChainStats could not be located in the dynamic link library
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 3\d3d9.dll."

any ideas?

EDIT: I've deleted the DLL file and it seems to work now. YAY! windows ten appears to me to be far worth the upgrade, even for gamers, and workarounds CAN be found!

for future people with issues:

i am running windows 10, 8/9/15

compatibility mode: vista pack 2 (may not be important)

DLL file (D3D9) deleted from the fallout 3 folder

I AM running modded, but may not a problem

I AM running steam edition NOT GOTY.

good luck.

trevader, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

need help fallout 3 missing xlive.dlls in windows 10

1. need help fallout 3 missing xlive.dlls in windows 10 - Similar Threads - need help fallout

2. fallout 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fallout 3: Not able to run on steam missing dll files and just not working through steam on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fallout-3/34df14e8-206e-4cf3-ba25-940c0e6b80f5
  3. Fallout 3 GFWLive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 3 GFWLive: I'm trying to play Fallout 3 for the first time on steam and it says to download gfwlive. I download the setup file and begin to download it, halfway through the download it stops and the logs states: Download Error: 0x800c0006 A network error occurred while attempting to...
  4. Fallout 3 GFWLive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fallout 3 GFWLive: I'm trying to play Fallout 3 for the first time on steam and it says to download gfwlive. I download the setup file and begin to download it, halfway through the download it stops and the logs states: Download Error: 0x800c0006 A network error occurred while attempting to...
  5. Fallout 3 GFWLive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. fallout 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fallout 3: Trying to play fallout 3 on steam. I get this error message " the ordinal 43 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:/windows/system32\xlive.dill." All research I have done on the matter seems to suggest this is an issue with Games for Windows Live. Have tried...
  7. Fallout 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 3: So, the last time I ran F/O-3 was back under XP or 97, now, of course it's Win/10 & it will not run. But a work around talks about A file, gfwlivesetup.exe. But I get an error msg. says combatability issues, just running THAT file. Any Ideas? I like the game Oldie, but a...
  8. Missing DLLs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing DLLs: I have a new Windows 10 Pro version 1909 workstation on which I am installing an executable app from my laptop. The app is built with Visual Studio 15. The app does not start correctly, declaring error 0xc0150002 I have traced this fault, using dependency walker, to missing...
  9. fallout 3 will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fallout 3 will not open: hi there readers. I bought fallout 3:special edition (in disc form) and installed both discs on my laptop. When I went back to disc 1 to open it ,the menu was there, but when I pressed start, it said ``could not locate file in c:/windows/system32/xlive.dll``. I found someone...
  10. fallout 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fallout 3: I bought Fallout 3 goty on steam and am having massive difficulty getting it to work right, any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fallout-3/b7932775-7bbd-4e9c-a956-da19abfdb333