Windows 10: Need help figuring out graphics driver problem, won't load games

Discus and support Need help figuring out graphics driver problem, won't load games in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So the other day I bought this meh desktop computer from uncle, I'm very bad at all this tech stuff by all your standards but I'll try my best on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by TotalNoob, Oct 17, 2015.

1. TotalNoob Win User

Need help figuring out graphics driver problem, won't load games

So the other day I bought this meh desktop computer from uncle, I'm very bad at all this tech stuff by all your standards but I'll try my best on setting as much info as I can.

I set up the computer today (windows 7), and then immediately proceeded to install windows 10 onto it. The installation went pretty smoothly, I customized it a little and completed all the tasks I could. Later, I became bored and decided I would begin playing games on this computer. My friend invited me to this old online game that we used to play when we were 11-13 because we were both bored out of our minds and decided that instead of that we could at least make fun of the silly childish aspect of it. (Toontown Rewritten), I tried to launch the game but unfortunately it didn't work. My friend, who happens to be much better at this than me, suggested that I install .NET, C++ Redistributable, and Java. Again, nothing. He asked me to find my graphics driver/card, to see if there was a problem with that. It was. I don't have any drivers installed, it seems to be. Then we looked at my graphics card and ran into a problem:

https://i.imgur.com/v2cfY3W.png

He said that it was a problem because it was vague-like, it's supposed to tell me which graphics card I have, so I can install the right driver but all we're getting is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. That's the basis, but I fear that there's probably something more than "Windows isn't identifying the graphics card so we can't get the driver". Anyways, after many failed attempts, I figured out by graphics card was made by NVIDIA, thanks to the stickers on the side of the CPU case, so I went to the website to get the right driver but it asked for specifics, which I don't have, because I don't want to open it. So that's pretty much my problem. There's something going on, because I've tried troubleshooting all over the place and its been getting me nowhere. Please help.

Here's the most specifics I can state to the extent of my knowledge:

Processor: AMD 64 Athlon x2

Graphics Card (NVIDIA (?))

Model(?): HP Pavillion Slimline s7727c PC

OS Evolution: Windows Vista upgraded to Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10

RAM: 2 gb

System Type: 64 bit

And there's that. Thank you for your help.

:)

TotalNoob, Oct 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Questions

when i upgraded my PC to win 10 found the same problem using star wars the old republic i finally figured out that i needed to update my graphics driver because it was using a generic one in windows 10 . Before the upgrade it had the correct driver
    for win 7 and worked fine after i updated the driver in windows 10 my dual monitor and my graphics in my games were fixed hope this helps Need help figuring out graphics driver problem, won't load games :)

K-Dawg1979, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Cathy S. Win User
    How about games? Windows 10

Just finished installing W-10 -- MSN games won't play for me; games on FB are slow to load, slow to play - even to the point of getting hung up after each move. I'm still trying to figure out where buttons are on 10 - tools, options, etc., and keep losing
    the window I was working/searching in. I'm not real computer literate, so maybe some of these forums will help me figure out the gaming problems. Took 10 min. to play a game that normally takes 3-5 min.

Cathy S., Oct 17, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

If you go here: Download Drivers | NVIDIA there's a way for site to find exact GPU you have and recommend drivers for it.

CountMike, Oct 17, 2015
  5. Slippery Win User
    This is what you've got: HP Pavilion s7727c Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support
    There are no win 10 drivers that I could find. There are win 7 and 8 drivers here:Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA
    Maybe the win 7 drivers will work in win 10.
    I went here to see about using older drivers; https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...un-windows-10/
    if you scroll down, you can see that someone has gotten the win 8 drivers to install in win 10 and they are working. Good luck. I'll keep an eye on this.

Slippery, Oct 17, 2015
  6. TotalNoob Win User
    Thanks guys, turned out I just needed to identify my gpu. (GeForce 6150 LE). I did a bit more digging, and found out it was GeForce Series 6. They didn't have Series 6 Windows 10, so I downloaded the driver for windows 7, since that's the OS it had before, despite the fact that it had Win 10 at the moment. It worked, games are working fine now. Also, it changed:

https://i.imgur.com/pPW4gm6.png

So my problem was solved, thanks. Hopefully this helps someone as well.

TotalNoob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help figuring out graphics driver problem, won't load games - Similar Threads - Need help figuring

2. BSODs need help figuring out cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs need help figuring out cause: Hello, getting hit with BSODs relentlessly. Mostly memory management or irql less equal. But once also saw a kernel related stop code. Windows keeps crashing in couple of minutes of reboot. Also, was unsuccessful with resetting the OS -- the pc somehow restarted in the middle...
  3. BSODs need help figuring out cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs need help figuring out cause: Hello, getting hit with BSODs relentlessly. Mostly memory management or irql less equal. But once also saw a kernel related stop code. Windows keeps crashing in couple of minutes of reboot. Also, was unsuccessful with resetting the OS -- the pc somehow restarted in the middle...
  4. BSODs need help figuring out cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Need Help For Updating Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help For Updating Graphics Driver: Hello! I wanted To play minecraft 1.17.1 But it saysi need to update my graphics driver. I am using Integrated graphics of almost 2gb, Open gl 4.4 is required for minecraft. I was playing 1.16.5 and it worked fine.Please Tell me how to update my driver.Thank You!...
  6. Need Help For Updating Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help For Updating Graphics Driver: Hello! I wanted To play minecraft 1.17.1 But it saysi need to update my graphics driver. I am using Integrated graphics of almost 2gb, Open gl 4.4 is required for minecraft. I was playing 1.16.5 and it worked fine.Please Tell me how to update my driver.Thank You!...
  7. Need help figuring out which driver is causing BSOD crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help figuring out which driver is causing BSOD crashes: Hi everyone!I just recently bought a refurbished gaming desktop and have been running into constant BSOD crashes that from googling all seem to be tying into driver errors. After googling I keep running into threads on here of great community members helping people like me...
  8. Some games won't open because graphics drivers out of date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some games won't open because graphics drivers out of date: Hello I have a gaming laptop I bought back in 2014 yes I know it's pretty old, it has a GTX 840M graphics card, but when I try to open games like Warzone or GTA 5, when I load GTA 5 it just quits half way through loading no error or nothing, although Warzone loads then crahes...
  9. Need help with figuring out the causes of BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with figuring out the causes of BSoD: Hello, Recently, when I upgraded most of my components in my computer everything except GPU I have been getting these strange BSoDs. I've tried searching about them on different forums and concluded that this error does not have a defined answer on how to fix it, but its...
  10. help me to figure out this problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help me to figure out this problem: --------------------------- Windows Script Host --------------------------- Script: C:\Users\munee\AppData\Roaming\JVUDq\uMDuY.vbs Line: 1 Char: 43 Error: The system cannot find the file specified. Code: 80070002 Source: (null) ---------------------------...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. games wont load grpahics driver

2. how to load graphic driver that wont load