Windows 10: Need help figuring out which driver is causing BSOD crashes

Discus and support Need help figuring out which driver is causing BSOD crashes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone!I just recently bought a refurbished gaming desktop and have been running into constant BSOD crashes that from googling all seem to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gothbrooks, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Need help figuring out which driver is causing BSOD crashes

Hi everyone!I just recently bought a refurbished gaming desktop and have been running into constant BSOD crashes that from googling all seem to be tying into driver errors. After googling I keep running into threads on here of great community members helping people like me figure this out, so I've uploaded all my minidumps I was able to access to the folder below.Any and all help is appreciated! https://1drv.ms/u/s!AralAzaCrcRuigSxAWZq6ZY-w2H2?e=F0JQAW

:)

gothbrooks, Apr 27, 2021
  2. Golden Win User

BSOD caused by driver atikmdag.sys

Could be another driver causing the issue.

Suggest you follow this and post in the BSOD section of the forum.

BSOD - Posting Instructions

Golden, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Driver causing crashing, no bsod.

I believe one of my drivers is causing crashing on my windows 10 but I do not get a bsod or any error codes. I set up driver verifier and it wouldn't let me back into windows without bsod. I had to go into safe mode and disable it to boot normally. These
    are two crash dumps created when the bsods occured.

092820-7984-01.dmp

Hoping this gives some information as to what the issue is, Thank you.

SlayTheRats, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Bbarber4 Win User

Need help figuring out which driver is causing BSOD crashes

Computer Keeps Crashing with BSOD - DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE message - PLEASE HELP

For the past week and a half, my computer has started having constant BSOD crashes that have been giving me the 'DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE' message constantly. After doing some research, I have tried many different suggested threads and
    have taken the following actions to try to remedy the situation but still am getting this BSOD crashing issue every day:

So far, I have tried the following:

• Running SFC scan on computer (no issues found)
    • Changing the power settings to keep PCI-E and Network adapters to 'Maximum Performance'
    • Updating lots of drivers using the Driver Easy application (GPU, Network, Chipset, Audio etc)
    • Removing Sleep from my power options and preventing my PC from going to sleep
    • Flashed my BIOS to the latest version using ASUS EZ Flash
    • Reinstalled Windows 10 using 'Reset' functionality

I am at my wits end here and I'm starting to go crazy because I can't figure out what started causing these crashes or how to fix it. I was really hopefuly that a full windows reinstall using the Reset function would help, but it just keeps on happening.
    I have even ordered a new PSU to replace my current one thinking that might help resolve the issue as well (my PSU is about 8 years old so figured it might be time anyways)

I've posted the latest logs from the crash this morning here on One Drive: 082520-8468-01.dmp

PLEASE can someone help me read the logs and understand what is causing the crashes...

Bbarber4, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Need help figuring out which driver is causing BSOD crashes

1. Need help figuring out which driver is causing BSOD crashes - Similar Threads - Need help figuring

2. need help figuring out what is causing my WHEA BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need help figuring out what is causing my WHEA BSOD: i have ran everything from IPDT to memory diag to chkdsk,sfc,etc.. they all show that there's no problem so i cant put my finger on it ..here is my minidump: minidump.rarhope anyone can help , thanks....
  3. BSODs need help figuring out cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs need help figuring out cause: Hello, getting hit with BSODs relentlessly. Mostly memory management or irql less equal. But once also saw a kernel related stop code. Windows keeps crashing in couple of minutes of reboot. Also, was unsuccessful with resetting the OS -- the pc somehow restarted in the middle...
  4. BSODs need help figuring out cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs need help figuring out cause: Hello, getting hit with BSODs relentlessly. Mostly memory management or irql less equal. But once also saw a kernel related stop code. Windows keeps crashing in couple of minutes of reboot. Also, was unsuccessful with resetting the OS -- the pc somehow restarted in the middle...
  5. BSODs need help figuring out cause

6. Need help figuring out the exact cause behind this BSOD

Need help figuring out the exact cause behind this BSOD: My windows 10 Home x64 version sometimes just doesn't resume from hibernation and ends up shutting down instead. So I've to restart the system. Its a brand new setup just a couple of weeks old. The error shown in event viewer is: 011221-6734-01.dmp 12-01-2021 20:27:45...
  7. BSOD - need to figure out what causing this

BSOD - need to figure out what causing this: Hi there As the user has access to the HP Software Updates, user kicked off the 2 updates in relation to BIOS and NIC firmware upgrade yesterday and come back home and when he started he got the BSOD. User managed to get into Safe mode and now reboot as normal. Checked...
  8. Need help with figuring out the causes of BSoD

Need help with figuring out the causes of BSoD: Hello, Recently, when I upgraded most of my components in my computer everything except GPU I have been getting these strange BSoDs. I've tried searching about them on different forums and concluded that this error does not have a defined answer on how to fix it, but its...
  9. BSOD help, Trying to figure out the cause.

BSOD help, Trying to figure out the cause.: Recently my computer upon booting up and just browsing youtube and streaming services online would BSOD within the first 5mins of the boot up. It has happened twice after having no effects previously other than GPU driver crashes which I'm pretty sure i fixed by changing...
  10. I need help, Computer regulary crashing with bsod, need to figure out what's causing it.

I need help, Computer regulary crashing with bsod, need to figure out what's causing it.: Since upgrading my computer (motherboard, CPU and RAM) I've noticed the computer regulary reboots, usually with blue screens of death, they seem to happen at random times, according to the Event Viewer it's either reported as a Bugcheck (Event ID 1001) or as a Kernel-Power...