Windows 10: Need help finding feature

Discus and support Need help finding feature in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Some time ago I created this sorta 'way point' for my Windows incase anything goes wrong or anything I can go back to the state it was in some time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kilmandos, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Need help finding feature

Some time ago I created this sorta 'way point' for my Windows incase anything goes wrong or anything I can go back to the state it was in some time again. But I forgot what this feature was called. It was something along the lines of 'mid point or point soemthing' it basically let's u go back in time to a state your windows system was in. Thanks

submitted by /u/kilmandos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kilmandos, Sep 11, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 11, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Need help finding feature

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Need help finding feature :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Need help finding feature

1. Need help finding feature - Similar Threads - Need help finding

2. Need help finding the problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help finding the problem: I had an HDD which wouldn't show up in the BIOS, it did on 1/10 of the boots, if I'm lucky i could get in.So i got an SSD upgrade, thing worked fine for a day and then now the same thing happens it doesn't detect the SSD, gives me the boot device not found error, is the...
  3. Need help finding the problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help finding the problem: I had an HDD which wouldn't show up in the BIOS, it did on 1/10 of the boots, if I'm lucky i could get in.So i got an SSD upgrade, thing worked fine for a day and then now the same thing happens it doesn't detect the SSD, gives me the boot device not found error, is the...
  4. Need help finding Windows services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help finding Windows services: Hi;I am trying to figure out information for two services: System Restore and Internet Services. Does anybody happen to know what the driver/file name is or anything like that? What I want to do is find is the registry repair files for these....
  5. Need help finding Windows services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help finding Windows services: Hi;I am trying to figure out information for two services: System Restore and Internet Services. Does anybody happen to know what the driver/file name is or anything like that? What I want to do is find is the registry repair files for these....
  6. Need help finding Windows services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Need help finding a setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help finding a setting: So normally when I connect headphones wired/bluetooth, I get a pop up that comes up and ask me if I want it to be just headphones or if I want mic enabled (it's a black screen with white letters, showes up in center of screen) Anyways, I accidentally clicked headphones only...
  8. Need help verifying these findings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help verifying these findings: Hi there. I get Taskhostw.exe unknown error when i log into my PC. And this is what i found in virustotal and Hitmanpro. There seems to be something fishy with Taskhostw.exe and SecurityHealthSystray.exe Here is pictures from the findings. Pic1 Hitman found this: Imgur:...
  9. Need help finding a program

Need help finding a program: Hey, i need help to find a Program that can switch to different icon configurations on one Desktop. I have set my Wallapaper Engine up that when i press a keybind it switches wallpaper, but now i want to make it so it toggles the icons off and ikd switches to only my games...
  10. Need help with some features

Need help with some features: I am not a regular Windows user and want to know 1) how can i can open all the files (like in windows7) in one window instead of separate files. 2) in the menu tabs at the top, Classic View has the drop down menus and the others don’t... formulas, page layout those have...