Windows 10: Need Help Finding My Windows 10 License I purchased online

Discus and support Need Help Finding My Windows 10 License I purchased online in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; None of the recovery discs I have work to restore or recover. My friend currently has my self built gaming PC at his house and needs the key to re... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by seansealock, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Need Help Finding My Windows 10 License I purchased online

None of the recovery discs I have work to restore or recover. My friend currently has my self built gaming PC at his house and needs the key to re install windows.

I can't find it anywhere online. I formatted all the hard drives after getting a black screen. There was a problem with my CMOS that I am pretty sure I settled.

I read online somewhere that the key can be found from BIOS using a command prompt of within the UEFI somehow.

Can someone please help me?

:)

seansealock, Feb 3, 2020
  2. bobkn Win User

Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC?

Maybe they didn't have it when you looked earlier, but the Microsoft Store now lists a downloadable Win 10 Pro for purchase:

Windows 10 Pro: Upgrade or Purchase - Microsoft Store

This is for the USA. It may be available from your country. (Or not.)

bobkn, Feb 3, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Need Help Finding My Windows 10 License I purchased online

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Need Help Finding My Windows 10 License I purchased online

1. Need Help Finding My Windows 10 License I purchased online - Similar Threads - Need Help Finding

2. I need help with a purchase

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I need help with a purchase: I’m trying to buy a surface go 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-a-purchase/b02dba9c-7e12-4a93-a5d3-8194b409819d
  3. I need help with a purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with a purchase: I’m trying to buy a surface go 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-a-purchase/b02dba9c-7e12-4a93-a5d3-8194b409819d
  4. I need help with a purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need my product key for online windows purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need my product key for online windows purchase: have been on the phone for 40 minutes already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-product-key-for-online-windows-purchase/f32d5374-463c-47af-82da-e752ff104233
  6. I need my product key for online windows purchase

I need my product key for online windows purchase: have been on the phone for 40 minutes already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-product-key-for-online-windows-purchase/f32d5374-463c-47af-82da-e752ff104233
  7. Degrading to Windows 10. Do I need to purchase a new License?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Degrading to Windows 10. Do I need to purchase a new License?: My Windows 10 got upgraded to Windows 11. However, I'm experiencing some lagging issues and I would like to revert to Windows 10.It's been more than 10 days already.The option I think I have now is to reimage the laptop and make a fresh installation of Windows 10.My question...
  8. Degrading to Windows 10. Do I need to purchase a new License?

Degrading to Windows 10. Do I need to purchase a new License?: My Windows 10 got upgraded to Windows 11. However, I'm experiencing some lagging issues and I would like to revert to Windows 10.It's been more than 10 days already.The option I think I have now is to reimage the laptop and make a fresh installation of Windows 10.My question...
  9. Need Help With Windows 10 Licensing

Need Help With Windows 10 Licensing: Hi I am a small computer repair shop and I often get many older computers in pretty good condition. For example: I got an older computer with just a Windows XP Home OEM Sticker on it, what if I do the following: 1- Make a clean install of Windows 10 Home without using a...
  10. How to find Windows 10 Home purchased online

How to find Windows 10 Home purchased online: Hello, Last year, July-2018, I had purchased Windows 10 Home license using my Credit Card. However, I didn't activate it on any PC/Laptop. Now, I am neither able to find any mail communication in this regard nor this License is listed in My Account. What to do?...