Windows 10: Need help finding out what caused a BSOD

Discus and support Need help finding out what caused a BSOD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I was browsing the steam store when the computer froze up and rebooted itself. This the file that was created using WinDBG when analyzing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrew12SO, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Need help finding out what caused a BSOD

Andrew12SO, Jul 9, 2020

2. Need help finding what driver is csausing the BSOD errror code "Wdf01000.sys " on Windows 10.

Original Title: Need help finding what driver is csausing the BSOD

http://www.megafileupload.com/bdP3/062516-239203-01.dmp

I need some help finding out what driver is causing this BSOD please.

Thanks for your time.

I used BlueScreenView to find that it was Wdf01000.sys , but I have no idea what this driver is or how to update it .

I would also like to know if I can just rename or remove it.

JohnDoeNOOBSTER, Jul 9, 2020
  3. red_stapler, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Need help finding out what caused a BSOD

help me understand whats causing my bsod

Hi,

For better assistance, please provide the following information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are your running on your device?
    • Can you provide the specifications of your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have done so far to resolve the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Need help finding out what caused a BSOD

1. Need help finding out what caused a BSOD - Similar Threads - Need help finding

2. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Help me please find out what it is caused by.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Help me please find out what it is caused by.: I've never encountered this type of BSOD beforeLink to MEMORY.DMP after failure after restart MEMORY.DMPUnfortunately I have no idea how to read it myself to determine the cause of BSOD...
  3. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Help me please find out what it is caused by.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Help me please find out what it is caused by.: I've never encountered this type of BSOD beforeLink to MEMORY.DMP after failure after restart MEMORY.DMPUnfortunately I have no idea how to read it myself to determine the cause of BSOD...
  4. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Help me please find out what it is caused by.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Help me please find out what it is caused by.: I've never encountered this type of BSOD beforeLink to MEMORY.DMP after failure after restart https://1drv.ms/u/c/43039ea9c47963ab/EV1FU9HEpGpGmHDaQNa-MZkBYfHjfAfu-HqHcwBVwpK7xQ?e=uw7fmEUnfortunately I have no idea how to read it myself to determine the cause of BSOD...
  5. Need help on finding what causes bsod on my Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help on finding what causes bsod on my Asus laptop: Hello,Recently I have been getting bsod´s about once per day or sometimes once every 2 days.I have run memtest86+ and found a one bit error with a cumulative total of 7 errors over 4 passes. I suspect that at least I have an issue with my RAM.minidumps, system info and...
  6. Need help on finding what causes bsod on my Asus laptop

Need help on finding what causes bsod on my Asus laptop: Hello,Recently I have been getting bsod´s about once per day or sometimes once every 2 days.I have run memtest86+ and found a one bit error with a cumulative total of 7 errors over 4 passes. I suspect that at least I have an issue with my RAM.minidumps, system info and...
  7. How to find out what caused BSOD?

How to find out what caused BSOD?: I got a BSOD with the message "WHEA uncorrectable error" and nothing else specified Then it booted into BIOS repeatedly until I turned off the PC and turned on back again Is there a way to check now what caused this? Thanks 174997
  8. How to find out what caused BSOD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to find out what caused BSOD?: I got a BSOD with the message "WHEA uncorrectable error" and nothing else specified Then it booted into BIOS repeatedly until I turned off the PC and turned on back again Is there a way to check now what caused this? Thanks 174997
  9. BSOD - need to figure out what causing this

BSOD - need to figure out what causing this: Hi there As the user has access to the HP Software Updates, user kicked off the 2 updates in relation to BIOS and NIC firmware upgrade yesterday and come back home and when he started he got the BSOD. User managed to get into Safe mode and now reboot as normal. Checked...
  10. BSODS - Need help finding out what is causing it.

BSODS - Need help finding out what is causing it.: Attached is the file thingy. Just will BSOD randomly. From watching videos, sometimes when browsing the web, or when gaming. It doesn't happen that often. Like every 3 days I'll get a BSOD. Any help would be appreciated. 51426