Windows 10: Need help finding which Win10 key applies to my PC

Discus and support Need help finding which Win10 key applies to my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm about to upgrade my computer for the first time since Windows 10 came out, and it is a substantial upgrade (including the motherboard.) I have four... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Greybird3339, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Need help finding which Win10 key applies to my PC

I'm about to upgrade my computer for the first time since Windows 10 came out, and it is a substantial upgrade (including the motherboard.) I have four computers in the house running Windows 10. Two of them use upgrade licenses from Windows 7, two have retail copies purchased from Amazon. My Amazon account has three keys: my two, plus one I purchased on behalf of a friend when I was setting up his new system.

I need to find out which product key is associated with this computer. It could be any of the three listed on my Amazon account (one of which is not actually mine), or (potentially) it could be one of the upgrade licenses and I'd need to buy a new copy of Windows with my upgrade.

How in the world do I figure out which one is on one specific PC?

submitted by /u/Greybird3339
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Greybird3339, Jan 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Need help finding OS license key

you can do a couple things.. Hope this helps..

Mindweaver, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Need help finding which Win10 key applies to my PC

PC prompting for Bitlocker recovery key, cannot find the recovery key

Hello Leckbir,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on the PC?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?

This issue can be caused if a BIOS/firmware update has been pushed to your PC either through Windows Updates or any other OEM media update.

If you have set up the Bitlocker on your PC, I suggest you to look for the recovery key on your Microsoft account. Also, you can refer the article

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Need help finding which Win10 key applies to my PC

1. Need help finding which Win10 key applies to my PC - Similar Threads - Need help finding

2. i need help finding my windows 11 product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help finding my windows 11 product key.: i need help finding my windows 11 product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-finding-my-windows-11-product-key/92e3e841-9ea8-4ad8-b348-43d25cd489ff
  3. i need help finding my windows 11 product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help finding my windows 11 product key.: i need help finding my windows 11 product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-finding-my-windows-11-product-key/92e3e841-9ea8-4ad8-b348-43d25cd489ff
  4. Need help finding software to organize my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help finding software to organize my pc: Hi all, sorry if I'm doing anything wrong in this post, first time posting and I'm on mobile, apparently that makes a difference. Title sums it up, I am looking for software that can sort out my pc. Preferably free, but if it works well then I will happily purchase it. I have...
  5. I need to find my recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to find my recovery key: I did an update and now the tablet pc needs a recovery key to proceed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-find-my-recovery-key/a40d54f1-9b16-4a3d-9820-ad62a8ad44af
  6. Need help finding my keycode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need help finding my keycode: Need keycode from my laptop. It had windows 7 originally and got windows 10 for free from Microsoft. I want to do a complete wipe, but do not have keycode. Can anyone help me out with this?...
  7. Question about which registry keys apply to which area of context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about which registry keys apply to which area of context menu: I'm trying to bookmark some shortcuts, and im about done - but im stuck on one location. HKCR Have * for files Have Directory Have Drive Have Folder (would think thats synonymous with directory?) Have LibraryFolder (apparently thats libraries but requires elevation...
  8. I need to find my product key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to find my product key: PROUDUCT KEY * Original title: QUESTION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-find-my-product-key/7f2be423-97f7-4456-82e7-25075cb0d9cd"
  9. Need help finding a past-entered activation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help finding a past-entered activation key: My CS professor handed out windows 10 Pro activation keys for use at home. When I wiped my computer I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro Education rather than it's non-education counterpart. I then found out that the key only works for normal windows 10 pro. I got...
  10. Need help finding the latest Graphics Driver for my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help finding the latest Graphics Driver for my PC: I need help finding the latest graphics driver for my Acer laptop. It's an Acer Aspire 5250 laptop with an AMD E2 Vision. I believe. 37951