Windows 10: Need help fixing BSOD rtwlane.sys and ndis.sys SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Error

Discus and support Need help fixing BSOD rtwlane.sys and ndis.sys SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have gotten a BSOD error twice as a result of the Realtek PCIEWireless LAN PCI-E NIC driver rtwlane.sys. I have added the errors below. It has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarcBrolly, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Need help fixing BSOD rtwlane.sys and ndis.sys SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Error

Hi I have gotten a BSOD error twice as a result of the Realtek PCIEWireless LAN PCI-E NIC driver rtwlane.sys. I have added the errors below. It has randomly crashed twice around 2 weeks apart and I was using microsoft word and had some videos opened on youtube whilst downloading a game on steam. Need this fixed ASAP as I've an online exam tomorrow 1 to 5. I have 2 realtek drivers also installed as I have both a tp link USB network adapater and an internal edimax n300 pcie adapter. Its the PCI-E that is causing problems.

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Tue 05/01/2021 15:50:04 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010521-6984-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ndis.sys ndis+0x40752
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E 0xFFFFFFFF80000003, 0xFFFFF800578BFE78, 0xFFFFDD0F7C3663D8, 0xFFFFDD0F7C365C20
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ndis.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 05/01/2021 15:50:04 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: rtwlane.sys rtwlane+0x369F32
    Bugcheck code: 0x7E 0xFFFFFFFF80000003, 0xFFFFF800578BFE78, 0xFFFFDD0F7C3663D8, 0xFFFFDD0F7C365C20
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rtwlane.sys
    product: Realtek PCIEWireless LAN PCI-E NIC
    company: Realtek Semiconductor Corporation
    description: Realtek PCIE NDIS Driver 69657 34593
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: rtwlane.sys Realtek PCIE NDIS Driver 69657 34593, Realtek Semiconductor Corporation .
    Google query: rtwlane.sys Realtek Semiconductor Corporation SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupted:
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\123020-6828-01.dmp

Conclusion

3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 2 are included in this report. If dump files are found and they could not be analuzed, it means they are corrupted. Because crash dumps are an emergency measure it is not uncommon for this to happen, however often it points to a problem in the storage stack. It is suggested that you run CHKDSK on your system drive to check your drive for errors.
    A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

rtwlane.sys Realtek PCIE NDIS Driver 69657 34593, Realtek Semiconductor Corporation

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

:)

MarcBrolly, Jan 5, 2021
  2. JAMIEJDJ Win User

system_thread_exception_not_handled (iacamera64.sys)

OK, so while I was recording on my Windows 10 device with the Camera app it said I was out of space then it came up with a BSOD ( third time this month) The error was system_thread_exception_not_handled (iacamera64.sys). Can anyone help me solve this and
    tell me more about this error? Thanks in advance.

JAMIEJDJ, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Azucho98 Win User
    BSOD - every restart - bcmlw6.sys

One of my laptops, recently updated to windows 10, gives a BSOD every time it is restart. The error message is system_thread_exception_not_handled bcmlw6.sys

Any ideas on how I might fix this?

If the computer is shut down it doesn't happen - it only happens during a restart. It never happened with Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Azucho98, Jan 5, 2021
  4. mrag Win User

Need help fixing BSOD rtwlane.sys and ndis.sys SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Error

system_thread_exception_not_handled: what failed: igdkmd64.sys

Dell Optiplex790 USFF desktop with onboard Intel graphics, Win 10. In the last week a BSOD has randomly popped up about several times when I've been using FireFox. No game playing. In last case I was simply composing a post on a forum The system reboots and "fixes" itself, runs a few days, then another BSOD. The screen reads: "system_thread_exception_not_handled" and gives cause as igdkmd64.sys that 'appears' to be a graphic's driver issue according to this and source. Those fixes however refer to a ‘VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys’ error and not the exact "system_thread_" I'm seeing. Is this hardware or software issue? Attaching dmp files (which I only learned about today). TIA

mrag, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Need help fixing BSOD rtwlane.sys and ndis.sys SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Error

1. Need help fixing BSOD rtwlane.sys and ndis.sys SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Error - Similar Threads - Need help fixing

2. How to fix SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Netwtw10.sys: Woke up this morning to my PC giving me BSOD every time I restart it, I am completely unable to access Windows, even the start menu.Have tried switching it off and on again about 10 times, no results.Have tried Startup Repair, no results.Have tried Uninstall updates, no...
  3. How to fix SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Netwtw10.sys: Woke up this morning to my PC giving me BSOD every time I restart it, I am completely unable to access Windows, even the start menu.Have tried switching it off and on again about 10 times, no results.Have tried Startup Repair, no results.Have tried Uninstall updates, no...
  4. How to fix SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by driver lvrs64.sys

BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by driver lvrs64.sys: As the title says, I have been encountering two same BSODs that is caused by one driver lvrs64.sys that happens to be Logitech driver from the external webcam that I bought for my laptop, Logitech C270, since my built-in webcam is broken. Please tell me if there are any...
  6. BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys

BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys: Dear all, Received BSOD a few times now with the above mentioned error. Followed the tip of 3d party accessories but just runnnig laptop with nothing connected gives the BSOD as well. I got word that with DMP files you would be able to find a culprit? Anyone know how that...
  7. System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys: This is a custom built computer, these errors happened starting around late november, after the november update if that helps. I am on the latest non-insider updates for windows 10, as well as video drivers. This seems to happen randomly, as note. Ranging from watching a...
  8. BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys

BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys: This was a BSOD that I had a a few months ago, before I installed the Creaters update. If anyone is familiar with the VLC media player program , I was using the clone feature to test CPU/GPU performance. I set the value to 100 then my computer ran into a BSOD. I tried to...
  9. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys: Hi, I've encountered this BSOD while gaming since I upgraded my home computer to Windows 10 back in October 2015. I've been in contact with Nvidia's support but they pretty much blamed Microsoft and since they can't recreate the problem they're unable to help. There's a...
  10. system_thread_exception_not_handled: what failed: igdkmd64.sys

system_thread_exception_not_handled: what failed: igdkmd64.sys: Dell Optiplex790 USFF desktop with onboard Intel graphics, Win 10. In the last week a BSOD has randomly popped up about several times when I've been using FireFox. No game playing. In last case I was simply composing a post on a forum The system reboots and "fixes" itself,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rtwlane.sys bsod