Windows 10: Need help fixing dual boot issue.

Discus and support Need help fixing dual boot issue. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I needed to have a dual boot windows system and all was working fine until I needed to transfer some files from one system to my current one. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Opprerson, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Need help fixing dual boot issue.

So I needed to have a dual boot windows system and all was working fine until I needed to transfer some files from one system to my current one. It asked for the action of opening a folder to be authorised by admin, which I then did, after I completed the copying of files, I tried restarting my system into my second boot and it just gave me a permanent black screen. After that, I checked in the bios and it removed my second system (which is an entire hard drive) as a bootable medium. So any suggestions would be great. I can still access all of the information on the hard drive the hard drive has a fully installed version of windows. It is now described as a "Healthy Basic Data Partition" in the disk manager, meanwhile it used to be described as a "Healthy, Boot... Basic Data partion".

submitted by /u/Opprerson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Opprerson, Jan 26, 2021

2. Help on Dual Boot

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to dual boot the computer.

I would like to inform you that, it is possible to install Windows 10, only if Windows XP is preinstalled on the computer. If
    you are trying to install Windows XP just to run a particular software, I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program

2) Click on Properties

3) Click on Compatibility tab

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 26, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 26, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Need help fixing dual boot issue.

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Need help fixing dual boot issue.

1. Need help fixing dual boot issue. - Similar Threads - Need help fixing

2. i need help dual booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i need help dual booting: i have been trying to dual boot windows 10 and windows 10 i dont know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-dual-booting/0aef49c9-237c-4845-91d6-710ee0a818b9
  3. i need help dual booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help dual booting: i have been trying to dual boot windows 10 and windows 10 i dont know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-dual-booting/0aef49c9-237c-4845-91d6-710ee0a818b9
  4. i need help dual booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems with gaming laptop, can dual boot help? Need a fix. HELP!

Problems with gaming laptop, can dual boot help? Need a fix. HELP!: I am a DJ, gamer and streamer and last year I bought a laptop to use for all three activities. I chose the Asus ROG STRIX G15 Laptop with an intel 1Tb PCI NVmE drive, a Nvidia RTX 2070 Graphics card, and I upgraded the RAM to 32 Gig. I assumed I would have NO problems using...
  6. Dual boot issue. URGENTLY NEED HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual boot issue. URGENTLY NEED HELP!!!: I was installing Kali Linux for dual boot and I also have Win 10 on my SSD.While i was installing Kali i just misscliked and encrypted my SSD with Windows 10 on it. Now i can’t boot into system and BIOS don’t see my SSD. Because it’s encrypted.Please I need your help i don’t...
  7. Dual boot issue. URGENTLY NEED HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot issue. URGENTLY NEED HELP!!!: I was installing Kali Linux for dual boot and I also have Win 10 on my SSD.While i was installing Kali i just misscliked and encrypted my SSD with Windows 10 on it. Now i can’t boot into system and BIOS don’t see my SSD. Because it’s encrypted.Please I need your help i don’t...
  8. Dual boot issue. URGENTLY NEED HELP!!!

9. Need help in Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help in Dual Boot: I have a PC with 2 SSD and an NVMe . I have Windows 10 installed on NVMe And have a free SSD and I want to install Linux ( OpenSUSE ) on a free SSD . I want to Setup dual boot on it but I have no idea how to do it and I doubt that it is possible via NVMe and SSD pathway . If...
  10. [Question]Need help fixing Win10 / Vista dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [Question]Need help fixing Win10 / Vista dual boot: I was running Win10 and partitioned off 25gb for Vista because I needed older OS to run some software. Anyhow, now I'm not sure how the hell I boot back to my main partition, because the Vista partition as taken seniority over the main partition. So, Win10 partition is now...