Windows 10: Need Help Fixing Random Black Screen Error on Windows 10

Discus and support Need Help Fixing Random Black Screen Error on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having this black screen error for a few months now and I have not been able to pin point the reason or the cause for this issue. Both my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PCGamer23, Oct 19, 2020.

1. PCGamer23 Win User

Need Help Fixing Random Black Screen Error on Windows 10

I have been having this black screen error for a few months now and I have not been able to pin point the reason or the cause for this issue. Both my monitors would suddenly go black regardless if I was playing video games or just browsing the internet. A message would pop up on both my monitors saying No Input Device was detected. PC is still running when this happens but my keyboard and mouse would not work. If I am playing music, I can still hear the music play for a few minutes then it shuts off. I have tried using the Win+Crtl+Alt+B to reset display drivers but it does not work. My graphics card drivers are up to date. Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

PC Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Motherboard: Rampage IV Black Edition

CPU: LGA 2011 Core i7 4930k

RAM: GSkill 16GB DDR3

GPU: EVGA GTX 1060

PSU: Corsair AX860i

SSD: Samsung 840 Pro

:)

PCGamer23, Oct 19, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Need Help Fixing Random Black Screen Error on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Need Help Fixing

2. How to fix the random black screen error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the random black screen error?: Dear All, I and my two colleagues faced the following problems. We use different PC configuration, which is detailed at the bottom of this question. Our problem is, that sometimes one monitor of our multi-display config goes blacked out. Which one goes is random. Windows does...
  3. How to fix the random black screen error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the random black screen error?: Dear All, I and my two colleagues faced the following problems. We use different PC configuration, which is detailed at the bottom of this question. Our problem is, that sometimes one monitor of our multi-display config goes blacked out. Which one goes is random. Windows does...
  4. How to fix the random black screen error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Need help with Black Screen and cursor.

Need help with Black Screen and cursor.: So pretty much ever since I restarted my computer one day, I can not get to the windows login screen. The monitor was working just fine so it can’t be that. When ever I restart cpu it goes to a black screen with a disappearing and reappearing mouse cursor. Ctrl alt dlt or and...
  6. Need help locating issue making screen go black randomly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help locating issue making screen go black randomly.: I have been experiencing issues with my laptop's screen becoming gray suddenly every now and then and nothing seems to be responding, in order to make it work again I have to hold the power button or run a script that orders the computer to shutdown, here are some further...
  7. Need Assistance with Black Screen Error on Windows 10

Need Assistance with Black Screen Error on Windows 10: Currently experiencing random black screen errors, these errors tend to occur at random, regardless if I was playing video games or just browsing the internet. When the black screen error occur, both my monitors would loose any display input. Both my mouse and keyboard would...
  8. Random Black Screen on Windows 10

Random Black Screen on Windows 10: So on my PC when I'm doing anything like Gaming or watching YouTube the screen just goes black, doesn't matter what I'm on it always does this, I can't see anything, like my curser and my PC doesn't even turn off. Turning off my PC or restarting works, but later on it just...
  9. ***RANDOM*** BLACK SCREEN Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ***RANDOM*** BLACK SCREEN Windows 10: I have tried everything to fix this, but it still happens. Is this a common issue? I can't be the only one out there with this problem. I'm experiencing RANDOM black screens. It can happen anytime. It doesn't happen super often, but it happens. The thing is that my laptop...
  10. Need Help Quick. (Black Screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help Quick. (Black Screen): Hello, forgive me for any mistakes as I'm hastily writing this. I am in need of urgent help. Multiple of my accounts have been hacked. So I performed a reset on my desktop. Problem is after the files have been prepared I was directed unto a menu which gave me options as to...