Windows 10: Need help getting an outlook.com account set up on new Windows 10 comp

Discus and support Need help getting an outlook.com account set up on new Windows 10 comp in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm trying to get a new Windows 10 laptop commissioned to replace my existing Windows 7 one. I've made numerous attempts to create an outlook.com... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by DickinSD, Nov 27, 2019.

1. DickinSD Win User

Need help getting an outlook.com account set up on new Windows 10 comp

I'm trying to get a new Windows 10 laptop commissioned to replace my existing Windows 7 one. I've made numerous attempts to create an outlook.com (Exchange) account in freshly-installed copies of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, but never get beyond the stage when it tries to log on -- I'm repeatedly asked to reenter the password (which I know to be correct since it successfully logs me on at Outlook.com). Then I'm told Outlook has to be online (?), but I AM connected to the Internet. I've tried to follow the step-by-step instructions at Outlook.com, without succcess. In order to ensure starting from scratch each time, I've reset the computer back to out-of-box condition each time (using the recovery USB drive I created at first power-up)!! Initially I set up the computer as a local account, but I did try making it an online account once, using the Outlook.com account. No difference. Can someone help me? It's working fine on the Windows 7 computer.

:)

DickinSD, Nov 27, 2019
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Need help getting an outlook.com account set up on new Windows 10 comp [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Outlook 365 - adding new account problem

Hi steveatootac. Welcome to the TenForums @steveatootac

Don't think I would call this a repair but more an edit.

Click on File, upper left, account settings, account setting. A window should open with your accounts listed. Double click on the account you want to edit, then more settings lower right. The is a tab Outgoing Servers

These are the steps in Outlook 2013 and I don't think much has change to Outlook 2016.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 27, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

outlook account config

His email provider should have the instructions for setting up outlook with an IMAP account.

newtekie1, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Need help getting an outlook.com account set up on new Windows 10 comp - Similar Threads - Need help getting

2. I need help with setting up Windows on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with setting up Windows on a new laptop: I recently bought two 2022 Newest HP Stream 14" HD Intel Celeron laptop computers as gifts for two friends. Neither one of them are tech savvy. I live in New Mexico and my friends live in California, so I can’t offer any in-person help. I told them NOT to do anything with...
  3. I need help with setting up Windows on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with setting up Windows on a new laptop: I recently bought two 2022 Newest HP Stream 14" HD Intel Celeron laptop computers as gifts for two friends. Neither one of them are tech savvy. I live in New Mexico and my friends live in California, so I can’t offer any in-person help. I told them NOT to do anything with...
  4. Setting up outlook on a new device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up outlook on a new device: Hi All,I have brought a new laptop and am trying to set up my outlook. i have managed to import the emails but none of my folders which were previously created have been import. Plus the "+" symbol does not appear when panel "All folders" is shown Thanks in advance Rob...
  5. setting up a new account in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    setting up a new account in windows 10: I need to set up a new user for my laptop as I am sending it in for repair. I do not need to connect it to an email address or register it into Microsoft. I set one up but cannot get to it as it does not show up when clicking on the window. How can I access that new user....
  6. Outlook,com settings out of date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook,com settings out of date: Why is this still happening more than five years after the first identification of the problem. My personal view is that Windows 10 is a disaster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlookcom-settings-out-of-date/7a00d06d-59d9-431a-b508-24f7730c1de3
  7. Setting up Outlook on new computer - defaults to Add Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up Outlook on new computer - defaults to Add Microsoft account: Hi, My collegue has a new computer and I am trying to set up her Outlook email account on Windows 10. When I click on the Add account and Select Outlook.com I get Add your Microsoft account We use Office 365 at work - do I need to set her up an Microsoft account to...
  8. New comp.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New comp.: Looking to get a new gaming comp. but on a budget would like to keep,it under $700. Looking at the dell inspiration 5675 as one.. also see these cyber power systems but don't know much about them. Any help would be great. Thanks 116890
  9. Outlook set up on new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook set up on new laptop: Hello We have an old laptop with outlook 2007 on it. Now have purchased a new lappy and downloaded Office 365 outlook...but when I try to set it up it keeps asking for server / password but never seems to connect...just hangs there Any ideas for me to try please...
  10. New Account set up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Account set up: Hello Guys, This is my main PC where everything is set up as I want it (apart from a Start Menu App issue but that's another story), I have just added my account (that is on this PC) to my wife's laptop, I've entered my Microsoft log in and password. I was on the...