Windows 10: Need Help getting the Switch out of S mode app

Discus and support Need Help getting the Switch out of S mode app in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Have been trying numerous times to get the Switch out of S mode app but every time I keep getting the same to "try that again", "something happened on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yasmin Fonseca8, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Need Help getting the Switch out of S mode app

Have been trying numerous times to get the Switch out of S mode app but every time I keep getting the same to "try that again", "something happened on our end". Need to download some apps for my work that Microsoft doesn't offer any options and haven't been able to use my new laptop because of this. Help please!

:)

Yasmin Fonseca8, Nov 24, 2022

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Need Help getting the Switch out of S mode app

Can't switch out from Windows 10 S mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to switch from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 home/Pro Version. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the error message you are getting?
    • Are you using a school/university account to sign in to the Microsoft store
    • Are you connected to a domain/organization network?

Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching
    out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode. Please refer the below article:

Switching out of S mode in Windows 10

Windows 10 in S mode FAQ

Meanwhile you can perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Try resetting the Microsoft Store and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘wsreset’ and hit enter.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Sign out, and sign in again to the Microsoft Store and check if you are able to Switch out of S mode.

1. Open Microsoft Store, click on the profile icon and select
      Sign out.
    2. Now, click on the profile icon again and select
      sign in
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in with the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Need Help getting the Switch out of S mode app

1. Need Help getting the Switch out of S mode app - Similar Threads - Need Help getting

2. Need help, Cannot switch out of S mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help, Cannot switch out of S mode.: I need help because I cannot switch out of S mode, like I'm legit, the option to switch out of it doesn't appear. This is pissing me off and I've tried EVERYTHING, please help....
  3. Need help, Cannot switch out of S mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help, Cannot switch out of S mode.: I need help because I cannot switch out of S mode, like I'm legit, the option to switch out of it doesn't appear. This is pissing me off and I've tried EVERYTHING, please help....
  4. Need Help getting the Switch out of S mode app

Need Help getting the Switch out of S mode app: Have been trying numerous times to get the Switch out of S mode app but every time I keep getting the same to "try that again", "something happened on our end". Need to download some apps for my work that Microsoft doesn't offer any options and haven't been able to use my new...
  5. Need Help getting the Switch out of S mode app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Need Help getting the Switch out of S mode app: Have been trying numerous times to get the Switch out of S mode app but every time I keep getting the same to "try that again", "something happened on our end". Need to download some apps for my work that Microsoft doesn't offer any options and haven't been able to use my new...
  6. Unable to "Get" the "Switch out of S mode" app.

Unable to "Get" the "Switch out of S mode" app.: I just got a new computer ASUS Viviobook 15 in Windows S mode. I have updated everything I can related to Windows and I followed the standard steps of Switching out of S mode in Windows 10 but I keep getting stuck on step 3. When I click "Get" the store seems to just lag out...
  7. Unable to "Get" the "Switch out of S mode" app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to "Get" the "Switch out of S mode" app.: I just got a new computer ASUS Viviobook 15 in Windows S mode. I have updated everything I can related to Windows and I followed the standard steps of Switching out of S mode in Windows 10 but I keep getting stuck on step 3. When I click "Get" the store seems to just lag out...
  8. Unable to "Get" the "Switch out of S mode" app.

9. Need help switching out of S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help switching out of S mode: I am trying to switch out of S mode, But GET button is greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-switching-out-of-s-mode/2cff494c-5cae-4e03-8fcd-f95daca7ba69
  10. Help! Switch out of S mode troubleshooting needed

Help! Switch out of S mode troubleshooting needed: Hi, I just bought a new laptop with S mode. i look at instruction to switch out of S mode. However, when i click Get in the Microsoft store, it prompted me to enter my Microsoft account login, so I entered mine. It goes to below screen.(I erased name of my email.) It goes...