Windows 10: Need help getting Windows 10 News notifications working again.

Discus and support Need help getting Windows 10 News notifications working again. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've found a number of posts on how to turn off Windows 10 News notifications, but none on how to get them working again if enabling it in settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ohante, Sep 24, 2018.

1. ohante Win User

Need help getting Windows 10 News notifications working again.

I've found a number of posts on how to turn off Windows 10 News notifications, but none on how to get them working again if enabling it in settings doesn't work. I stopped getting new news notifications on my notebook in the past few weeks. A monthly rollup went through in that time, but I don't really remember if that triggered the problem.

The icon in the system tray has been solid white for weeks. At one point a new notification actually did appear, and I was hoping the issue would go away after that successfully opened the new news story. But the problem has persisted.

My Windows 10 PC showed no new notifications until I clicked the non-white icon, and saw no articles listed. However when I exited the notification pane, Windows grabbed 3 new articles, showed the white icon that then did show the articles.

I've tried disabling notifications, exiting News, going back in and re-enabling it again. But that didn't get them working again.

Has anyone seen this before and/or know how I might me able to kick-start getting this working again on my notebook?

:)

ohante, Sep 24, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Need help getting Windows 10 News notifications working again.

Not getting notifications from apps windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for taking time to post in our Microsoft Community.

The application that you disabled are all default apps of Windows 10, that is why they are running in the background process.

To further isolate this issue, we would like to gather more information in order for us to provide the best possible resolution.

• What is the current build of Windows 10 installed on your computer?
    • What type of game are your playing?
    • Do you check if your computer meets the minimum specs required for the game that you are playing?
    • Kindly check the game that you are playing if there is a setting that you need to enable in order for you to get notifications.

In the meantime, we suggest you check the link below for steps on how to get the notifications that you want.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

JericDale Ort, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Need help getting Windows 10 News notifications working again.

1. Need help getting Windows 10 News notifications working again. - Similar Threads - Need help getting

2. The news notification not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The news notification not working: I'm using Windows 11 64 bit and for the past week when i click on a notification on the news I get a blank page that says "{"title":"Failed to forward request through Maestro.","status":404,"detail":"2023-07-14T03:10:45.3819130Z - Request host is not accepted for any route....
  3. The news notification not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The news notification not working: I'm using Windows 11 64 bit and for the past week when i click on a notification on the news I get a blank page that says "{"title":"Failed to forward request through Maestro.","status":404,"detail":"2023-07-14T03:10:45.3819130Z - Request host is not accepted for any route....
  4. Need help again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help again: Need help with thisDRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER f7A driver has overrun a stack-based buffer. This overrun could potentiallyallow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.DESCRIPTIONA driver overran a stack-based buffer or local variable in a way that wouldhave...
  5. Need help again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help again: Need help with thisDRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER f7A driver has overrun a stack-based buffer. This overrun could potentiallyallow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.DESCRIPTIONA driver overran a stack-based buffer or local variable in a way that wouldhave...
  6. Need help again

7. How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???: My Notifications Aren't Showing Up Anymore. These Kind Of Things Tend To Happen Because There Is An Upcoming Windows Update.. From Reading Posts Here... It Sounds Like There Is. Notifications Are Stll Set On Youtube For Example But They're Not Showing Up. IT Just Keeps...
  8. How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???

How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???: My Notifications Aren't Showing Up Anymore. These Kind Of Things Tend To Happen Because There Is An Upcoming Windows Update.. From Reading Posts Here... It Sounds Like There Is. Notifications Are Stll Set On Youtube For Example But They're Not Showing Up. IT Just Keeps...
  9. How Do I Get Notifications Working Again???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Need help getting Windows 10 News notifications working again.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help getting Windows 10 News notifications working again.: I've found a number of posts on how to turn off Windows 10 News notifications, but none on how to get them working again if enabling it in settings doesn't work. I stopped getting new news notifications on my notebook in the past few weeks. A monthly rollup went through in...